Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

7 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Ya, he said he was married.  Once that happens all hope is lost, regardless of where she went to school. 🤣

I think Boiler is trying to convince us he's the man in the house wearing the pants. Anybody, who has ever been married knows that's BS! 

Love ya Boiler you are a good addition to HSN!

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:12 PM, Drroogh said:

I think Boiler is trying to convince us he's the man in the house wearing the pants. Anybody, who has ever been married knows that's BS! 

Love ya Boiler you are a good addition to HSN!

You know the Russian joke/proverb on this right?

The husband is the head of the family.

But the wife is the neck. 

I love that proverb - yeah you can be the head, but you go wherever I tell you too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ICYMI, our Q&A with Jordan Geronimo on Friday discussing what he has been doing that last two months, what he is hearing about arriving in Bloomington, his hopes for his freshman year, and much more.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-qa-with-jordan-geronimo-as-he-waits-for-green-light-to-come-to-bloomington/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

ICYMI, our Q&A with Jordan Geronimo on Friday discussing what he has been doing that last two months, what he is hearing about arriving in Bloomington, his hopes for his freshman year, and much more.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-qa-with-jordan-geronimo-as-he-waits-for-green-light-to-come-to-bloomington/

thanks for sharing Mike. Keep up the great work. Jordan is going to be a good player for us.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

Great article.  How refreshing to hear a young player expressing a desire to play whatever role the team needs, instead of talking about "his game", and how that translates to college.  Could be semantics,  but it seems we're hearing that from all of our incoming players. Can't wait to see how they all develop over the course of their careers.

Pretty incredible that the Jordan documentary could have the effect of inspiring the work ethic of an entire new generation of players. Also interesting to hear a young player refer to Jordan as the GOAT, when they've grown up hearing more about Lebron.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yay for Mike Roberts!

"He came and watched me do a workout.  He came in and gave me some pointers.  He emphasized rebounds and told me that I was leaning to much on my shot and needed to be more straight up and down."

• Like 4

This kid is smart and a worker. Really like a number of his comments. A couple of them stood out to me --

Geronimo:  The hardest challenge has been maintaining a consistent schedule.  I feel like having a schedule in life for anything is really important.  For me personally, once I get accustomed to a schedule, the first couple weeks of doing it, I start to get comfortable.  But I have to find ways to keep pushing myself, knowing that I have to get better every day.  I can’t relax, because if I relax that means that someone else is working and they are getting better than me, and I can’t have anyone better than me.

Geronimo: I’ve been watching OG Anunoby because I get a lot of comparisons to him.  I watch Romeo Langford.  People like that, people that went to IU and made it big.

-- OG is the perfect player for him to watch. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Since entering the portal, Geronimo has heard from Pitt, Virginia, Providence, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Penn State, Seton Hall, according to Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers.com.

Pretty good list. Did they not watch him play?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Pretty good list. Did they not watch him play?

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Apparently not...

Man I really wanted this kid to be something, just never panned out

Tremendous athlete. Good shot blocker, decent shot. Totally lost on defense or any type of set offense. Per 40 fouls of 5.9!

• Like 1