Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would rather us not get anymore OAD players as well.  I would take the low 5 star or high 4 star players who will stay a few years like have at UNC.  Until this year UNC had not had many OAD players and have won a lot with those type of players.  I want to build our roster the way UVA and Villanova as well because it is easier to stay on top.

So if Leal would happen to come in and go absolutely bonkers his freshman year, which would be completely unexpected by everyone, and he chose to enter the draft, would that be held against him in your eyes?  He wouldn't have intended to be a OAD.  Should he pass up millions because he doesnt want people to feel like he was using IU as a 9 month internship?

I know you are speaking more of the Duke/UK type, just playing devils advocate a lil bit.

Edited by 3Ballin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I have to think mile is cheering you.on after reading this post.  Haha

And I disagree. IU was not a business decision.

Keion Brools to UK was a business decision. Romeo stayed in state to play for a struggling program with an unproven coach. Sounds like a risky business move, if anyrhing.

And coming back repeatedly, wearing candy stripes on draft day, and recruiting Geronimo all speaks to loyalty much more than business.

I just will never understand any negativity towards Romeo. I just can not grasp it at all.

Are you calling Tim Langford a liar?

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

So if Leal would happen to come in and go absolutely bonkers his freshman year, which would be completely unexpected by everyone, and he chose to enter the draft, would that be held against him in your eyes?  He wouldn't have intended to be a OAD.  Should he pass up millions because he doesnt want people to feel like he was using IU as a 9 month internship?

I know you are speaking more of the Duke/UK type, just playing devils advocate a lil bit.

Completely different scenario.  According to CoachSS this was all planned before Romeo even set foot on campus.  In other words he was one and done no matter what.  If Trayce for example blows up this year into a 1st rounder and wants to go then I'll gladly cheer him.  To clarify, I never want another OAD no matter what or someone who doesn't even go to class the second semester.

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

More believable if you used TDJ!

love this response! Archie-type player! From Inside the Hall Interview with Geronimo:

what should Indiana fans expect out of you? What are you hoping to bring to the program?

“A whole lot of energy on the defensive and offensive end. First and foremost, I’m a defensive player. I love shutting people down. I love blocking shots, getting steals and doing other stuff to get a stop on the possession. People best believe in a game I will bring the defensive energy. My opponents will know I’m on the floor.”

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DocHoosier said:

love this response! Archie-type player! From Inside the Hall Interview with Geronimo:

what should Indiana fans expect out of you? What are you hoping to bring to the program?

“A whole lot of energy on the defensive and offensive end. First and foremost, I’m a defensive player. I love shutting people down. I love blocking shots, getting steals and doing other stuff to get a stop on the possession. People best believe in a game I will bring the defensive energy. My opponents will know I’m on the floor.”

Great quote. I’m hoping with Brunk starting it this year and Geronimo coming in next year, that IU is finally getting back to having some passion and emotion on the floor. There’s certainly a place for the stoic, poised players, but you also need some guys that get everyone to raise their game and get hyped up. For every Zeller and Watford, you need a Sheehey and Oladipo. We haven’t had the latter for several years. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
In an enjoyable 1-on-1 with Jordan Geronimo we found out:
- why IU was his first visit
- what Romeo Langford said to him
- what he knows about Noah Vonleh
- what title he would give himself as a bball player
and much more. (always free)

All I can say is you continue to step up your content. I greatly enjoy your site! I’ve noticed what I would say is a huge jump in quality and content over the past year! Congrats and thank you!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You don’t hear from many young guys who understand that the best way to get early playing time is by playing defense. 

It’s like a running back who can pass block

Yep like a kid willing to work their butt off on special teams until their number is called. If he continues to progress he will get his number called early and often!

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Nothing against the rules Mile.  

Totally within the rules.  Just posted that there was a business involvement in the recruitment.  Hey.  Great Family. Great kid.  But to say that there was not a business involvement is just not true. Based on the facts, presented by the link I posted by a newspaper that most likely could care less about IUBB.

5 minutes ago, IUaic said:

To all of the OAD haters, you wouldn't take Dawson Garcia for 1 year if it meant winning a National Championship?

But it has showed lately that teams that wins the championships don't have one and done players on them.  Also if it is just one OAD player that is alright but I don't ever want us to be built around OAD players like UK and Duke.

I think there's a fine line between adding a OAD and building around them. 

In a perfect world, I'd rather win without a bunch of OADs (or none) - I'd like to win with guys you can see progress for 3-4 years. But if a OAD (or two) is going to come in and help us do that I wouldn't mind that either. It's like if somebody told me that I could have an all expense paid trip to Fiji or the Maldives. I've always wanted to go to Fiji, but if I was forced to go to the Maldives I wouldn't mind. 

On the other hand, I'd rather win a NC with 4 OADs then not make the tournament again. Perhaps that'd be a trip to Mexico in the scenario I painted above - I still wouldn't mind vacationing there either. 

Maybe when we start winning something (anything) then we can complain about how we are winning. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But it has showed lately that teams that wins the championships don't have one and done players on them.  Also if it is just one OAD player that is alright but I don't ever want us to be built around OAD players like UK and Duke.

I started the post referring to Carmelo Anthony and Anthony Davis, but decided to try to keep the example closer to home.