Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

That site is full of crap. Please don’t bring it over here. You would be better off never going over there again. It’s like diarrhea of the mouth over there.

Plus even if your premise was true and they are gone we had two kids transfer plus an assistant coach get fired as well. It’s futile to try to pin this on Romeo. Even so it could be a kid on our current team still is the one that had a problem but it was with someone that is gone (but not that persons fault).

That site has actually gotten a lot more positive lately.  Fpeaugh doesn't know what to do with himself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rbkl said:

Before we shared this widely on social media, we wanted to drop HSN the first glimpse at our long conversation with Jordan Geronimo. 

Read the full interview with Jordan Geronimo here!

Some quotes I think HSN will love:

"I like the sound of the squeaking on the hardwood. I don’t know how to explain it."

"My brain is like 'Wake up, work out, get better, wake up, work out, get better.'"

"It's not the things he said, it's the way he said them. That's what made me trust him."

"I just knew that I wouldn't get another school like Indiana in terms of basketball. Indiana is as good as it gets. I didn't want to waste my time elsewhere. Indiana basketball is top notch. Basketball is what is important over there. I just thought Indiana was a great place to get. I thought the coaching staff was amazing. Coach Miller is a great person, the people of Indiana are great people, and the basketball coaches were the icing on top that made me say, 'Alright, I want to be here.'"

I'll be honest here.  I haven't got this kind of vibe about an IU recruit since Vic.  I sensed that Vic was going to be special before he came on campus because of the way he played, the things he did, and what he said.  Getting the same feeling with Jordan G.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

That site has actually gotten a lot more positive lately.  Fpeaugh doesn't know what to do with himself.

I’ll take your word for it. I joined here because it was just filth, negativity, name calling, and an embarrassment to people of Indiana but hopefully it’s been cleaned up. It would be horrible if a recruit visited it and thought that is how us fans act. It would be great if we could get HSN to be the first forum to pop up from a google search. 

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Would I take a OAD if it meant a national title.

People are jaded because of how last year turned out. Fact was that team was not ready for a OAD talent. People think that a OAD can’t help you win but they can. Issue was that team was not balanced enough to best benefit Romeo or utilize him to our best interest. It was why Caleb Love was told we would try to put guys around him. Romeo didn’t have the right guys around him last year and it would not benefit Love either if we didn’t overhaul the roster a bit. Honestly not sure we still are in a place that will work best..maybe when Jordan, Anthony, and Trey are sophomores or juniors we will start to have a strong core that can best utilize the talents of a super star kid. They have the right personality to play with one I think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I love that is shows some nice, super athletic dunks/putbacks etc.

But I also love it shows several midrange shots and plenty of finishing through contact. 

Show he is not likely to be Hanner Perea 2.0.

For some one that athletic he has a smooth stroke. There is enough raw talent there for him to be an all time great...and that is saying a lot!

47 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He has a really slow set and release on his jump shots.  He will need to improve his release.  Looks good though. Like his upside

Something that isn’t slow is his quick twitch jumping. I mean he doesn’t need to gather himself to jump and put back or to finish around the rim. I mean the ease and quickness in which he gets up and finishes is amazing. That elite athleticism really translates because how quickly he can put back or finish before the defense can gather themselves is a big deal. Really a hybrid of Victor and OG I see here. If Archie can polish him up oh wow we will see something special with this kid! I can see why Crean went after him...his similarity to Dwayne Wade is striking.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Something that isn’t slow is his quick twitch jumping. I mean he doesn’t need to gather himself to jump and put back or to finish around the rim. I mean the ease and quickness in which he gets up and finishes is amazing. That elite athleticism really translates because how quickly he can put back or finish before the defense can gather themselves is a big deal. Really a hybrid of Victor and OG I see here. If Archie can polish him up oh wow we will see something special with this kid! I can see why Crean went after him...his similarity to Dwayne Wade is striking.

I agree, the kid gets off the floor quick on putback and dunks.  I am just surprised he takes as long as he does when taking a jumpshot.  I really like this kid and think he is going to be a terror for us

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He has a really slow set and release on his jump shots.  He will need to improve his release.  Looks good though. Like his upside

Agree on the slow shot.  He's got a very high ceiling but also a floor that's probably much lower than a guy like Cross.  I hope he'll be more OG or Dipo than Hanner or Clifton Moore.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Agree on the slow shot.  He's got a very high ceiling but also a floor that's probably much lower than a guy like Cross.  I hope he'll be more OG or Dipo than Hanner or Clifton Moore.

That’s pretty low floor. His presence on the defensive end alone will make him much more valuable than those guys. I don’t pretend to think the kid is going to be the next Calbert Cheney but if he can consistently knock down corner 3s when the ball gets kicked out or rotated and be a finisher on the fast break he will be huge improvement on the offensive end. Defensively I think he can be even more special. He has the mind set to be an AJ Moye I think.

14 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He is in no way, shape or form even remotely like Hanner, who was ranked purely on athleticism, or Moore for that matter. Not even in the same universe. In terms of skill set and defensive tenacity coming in, he's clearly in the mold of an OG or Vic. Whether he can reach their level is another question for sure, but there's just no ground on which to compare him to Hanner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One of the articles on him mentioned that the slow release is due to making sure he is all squared up before taking the shot. I assume the shot will get quicker with more reps once his body gets the "squared up" muscle memory set.

I'm in now way shape or form comparing this kid to OG or Oladipo as these guys are key contributors and an all star NBA guys.  Only about 400 something of them in the world to be clear.  

I will remind everyone of how Olidpo shot the ball his sophomore year and then progressed the speed of release as he got better and better.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I’ve been studying JG tapes. This kid has mega hops. Super awareness. Smooth stroke. Good Range. Decent shot blocker. He really is going to a special player at IU. Some see similarities to Vic but really this kid reminds me of a very special player of the early 90s that ended up at North Carolina.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I’ve been studying JG tapes. This kid has mega hops. Super awareness. Smooth stroke. Good Range. Decent shot blocker. He really is going to a special player at IU. Some see similarities to Vic but really this kid reminds me of a very special player of the early 90s that ended up at North Carolina.

Stackhouse?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...