Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

48 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

ESPN doesn't make any sense with some of their rankings. 

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Talk to Dakich about that...

The rankings don't make sense.  Dakich doesn't make sense.  Is this like one of them there math problems where I subtract two negatives and wind up with a positive, right?

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Dropped 53 spots to #132 in 247’s composite rankings yesterday. Still #89 in 247’s Rankings and #77 on Rivals.

ESPN’s rankings are what caused the drop, have him listed as a three star.

Good.  He can come here, be a part of something special and maybe turn into something special and tell all those "experts" to suck on his 3 stars.  😁😁

• Like 1

I'm excited about this class so far, and the freshmen who are already on campus this year because I think that they represent a real culture change (along with Rob Phinisee and Race Thompson) I think we are seeing gym rats and workmanlike competitors who know how to play vs. athletes who can be taught how to play.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

I'm excited about this class so far, and the freshmen who are already on campus this year because I think that they represent a real culture change (along with Rob Phinisee and Race Thompson) I think we are seeing gym rats and workmanlike competitors who know how to play vs. athletes who can be taught how to play.

Thank you for this post. As I believe you are correct.  Can't but help think that this program is headed in the right direction.  Thanks to Coach Miller.

7 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

I'd venture to say that Geronimo is a little of both, and that's a good thing. Tremendous athlete whose game needs a little polish, but has that grinder's mentality and wants to be taught.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

I'm seeing visions of CBK era teams returning here!  Not necessarily the best athletes on the court but well schooled, high BB iQ, tremendous tactical game plans, and tenacious players.  That sums up my idea of IU BB and what I remember from the good old days of the 70's thru the 90's.  Can I have some more please!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Anyone else see some D-Wade in his game (after watching this video)?

I think there is a similar rhythm to his moves and to his shooting motion...

It certainly is hard to get much from highlight tapes, but I am encouraged to think that tape was a year ago and already he had very good instincts, never seems rushed, has good vision, can handle the ball in tight spaces, and has good defensive and rebounding habits...

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 4:13 AM, Zlinedavid said:

I'd venture to say that Geronimo is a little of both, and that's a good thing. Tremendous athlete whose game needs a little polish, but has that grinder's mentality and wants to be taught.

Sounds like a couple guys named Victor and OG. Not to put those expectations. But they are the bar setters.

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Sounds like a couple guys named Victor and OG. Not to put those expectations. But they are the bar setters.

Yep, and I'd toss their classmates Sheehey and Morgan in there as well. Not quite as high a ceiling, but still had that grinders mentality.

And if you told me a kid would turn out like Will Sheehey or Juwan Morgan...I'd take them all day long.