Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Could be by design where we can offer Furst, Kaufman, JBF immediate playing time and Archie is showing that path. Same as not getting a PG this class showing Lander his spot is open. 

Just a guess though. 

I have a feeling JBF is going to re-classify to the class of 2020. He would be worth a commitment and a potential red-shirt candidate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I have a feeling JBF is going to re-classify to the class of 2020. He would be worth a commitment and a potential red-shirt candidate.

Read the same. I don't think he's making that call until after January though so the final scholarship of this class will (as always) play out next spring.

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Read the same. I don't think he's making that call until after January though so the final scholarship of this class will (as always) play out next spring.

Let's hope Geronimo or Cross commit sometime in the next few weeks (I'm guessing a commitment from one cancels out the other) and then really hone in on Garcia or Loveday. I have a feeling Garcia may be a spring signing and JBF as you eluded needs to wait to re-classify. I would be fine with Cross or Geronimo and then any of Garcia/Loveday/JBF. Would be a well-rounded class in my opinion and puts IU in a good position to really swing for the fences with a loaded 2021 class.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

Let's hope Geronimo or Cross commit sometime in the next few weeks (I'm guessing a commitment from one cancels out the other) and then really hone in on Garcia or Loveday. I have a feeling Garcia may be a spring signing and JBF as you eluded needs to wait to re-classify. I would be fine with Cross or Geronimo and then any of Garcia/Loveday/JBF. Would be a well-rounded class in my opinion and puts IU in a good position to really swing for the fences with a loaded 2021 class.

That's where I'm at and honestly I think I like the upside of Geronimo more. Take him and save the last spot for 1 of 3 you mentioned. 

• Like 1

I think the kid has a high upside but he is 6’4. Cross can play a position that he can’t. I just like Cross’s size and toughness a bit more but certainly nothing wrong with this kids game. I mean we already landed Leal, Franklin, and Galloway I’m not sure who loses their minutes there. In a vacuum I’d say sure...but for what we need Cross I think is the better fit.

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think the kid has a high upside but he is 6’4. Cross can play a position that he can’t. I just like Cross’s size and toughness a bit more but certainly nothing wrong with this kids game. I mean we already landed Leal, Franklin, and Galloway I’m not sure who loses their minutes there. In a vacuum I’d say sure...but for what we need Cross I think is the better fit.

For some reason I thought he was like 6”6 or 6”7.. cross would be a better fit then 

On 8/19/2019 at 7:26 PM, 5 championships said:

Like I said didn’t pay much attention to this kid until he scheduled the visit. watched his Hudl tape and was blown away. Draymond Green is who he reminds me of.  Would love to have him or Cross! Either one would be fine. 

Draymond? How about Troy Williams with a jump shot.