Kyle Macy Sounds Off

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Heard him on the Queery and Schultz show Thursday and he had some unflattering opinions of Cal. He does not like how he builds a team and does not like the one and done players.  He also ripped Cal for saying the best day in UK history is draft day and not championships.

14 hours ago, Long Duk Dong said:

I think UK just feels like they are too big now and that Indiana is small potatoes.

We know you just like to take pot shots at “our” IU whenever the situation presents itself for you, but this was a weak one Duk.

I’m sure you’re familiar with the Wat shot game, its publicity and Cal’s decisions afterwards. Thanks for the entertainment 

36 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We know you just like to take pot shots at “our” IU whenever the situation presents itself for you, but this was a weak one Duk.

I’m sure you’re familiar with the Wat shot game, its publicity and Cal’s decisions afterwards. Thanks for the entertainment 

Sure, upsets happen. Especially in rivalry games. 

I just feel like they have out growned this rivalry and have for some time now. 

Compare the two programs over the last 25 years. It ain't pretty.

44 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Sure, upsets happen. Especially in rivalry games. 

I just feel like they have out growned this rivalry and have for some time now. 

Compare the two programs over the last 25 years. It ain't pretty.

But that’s the point Duk, Cal ran from the “upset” for publicity reasons. You know that, right? 

No one is saying we’ve been a top team - since Vic and Cody left, when we obviously were. Everyone knows we’re trying to get the program back, consistently, to that level 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

But that’s the point Duk, Cal ran from the “upset” for publicity reasons. You know that, right? 

No one is saying we’ve been a top team - since Vic and Cody left, when we obviously were. Everyone knows we’re trying to get the program back, consistently, to that level 

What is Dung gonna beach about when we get back to prominence?

I think the series with UK should be revived.  This isn’t the China trade deal that’s so complicated.  Just figure it out, AD’s.  

If you don’t want to give UK exposure to recruits in Indy (minimal effect IMO), play it in Chicago and charge a lot. 

Glass loves to complain about his budget, yet this is an opportunity for a great money maker, and you get all the national exposure.  IU-UK in December was a tradition on the college basketball calendar on a national scale.  Now IU loses that prestige.  

Glass needs to work on a couple of initiatives. Get the UK series back, and initiate resolutions or whatever the procedures are for changing the football divisions.  It doesn’t take a genius to figure out how to argue for that one.  I suspect both of these issues won’t be resolved until Glass and McRobbie are removed.  

Scared to play in assembly. SMH. Cal is a pansy. I wouldn’t mind playing at UK place doesn’t seem that intimidating. I’ve heard the games are generally attended by old retired people. Never really seemed that loud or crazy either. But I guess it does take the fans half a year to learn all the new players. 

29 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think the series with UK should be revived.  This isn’t the China trade deal that’s so complicated.  Just figure it out, AD’s.  

If you don’t want to give UK exposure to recruits in Indy (minimal effect IMO), play it in Chicago and charge a lot. 

Glass loves to complain about his budget, yet this is an opportunity for a great money maker, and you get all the national exposure.  IU-UK in December was a tradition on the college basketball calendar on a national scale.  Now IU loses that prestige.  

Glass needs to work on a couple of initiatives. Get the UK series back, and initiate resolutions or whatever the procedures are for changing the football divisions.  It doesn’t take a genius to figure out how to argue for that one.  I suspect both of these issues won’t be resolved until Glass and McRobbie are removed.  

The problem was never Glass 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The problem was never Glass 

I know the history and of course he is, when there’s no series.  He’s on record on that in countless interviews. 

Yet, he conveniently ignores the fact that IU for years was happy to play at neutral sites.  Enter Glass, and we go off on one of his eccentricities.   In Glass’ mind, he wanted home and home or his rotation idea or he’s going home with his ball.  UK is not interested in that, and they don’t need the exposure the way IU does.  

When Glass refuses to play in a neutral court series, he’s absolutely the problem.  He took something that was working and blew it up.  As I said, IU played the neutral court series for years and it worked out well.  I remember a senior guard named Damon Bailey getting the cover of SI after one of those neutral court victories.  

Thats the type of exposure —and money, frankly— IU is missing out on.  You hear IU claim budgetary problems yet when it comes to no brainers revenue generators, IU gets lost in the ego of the AD. 

If we get a sharp AD in here, he will understand the dynamics much better, and the series comes back. 

42 minutes ago, rico said:

I heard that about Jerry Sichsting(sp?).

Straight from the horse’s mouth:

“ASOB: Did Indiana recruit you?

KM: Bob Knight didn't really recruit me very hard. He already had a bunch of great players, and didn't really need me. But later on, coach Knight told me if he had it to do all over again that he would recruit me, and I thought that was nice of him to say.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aseaofblue.com/platform/amp/2009/10/27/1102509/q-a-with-kentucky-basketball

Imagine an alternate universe where Larry Bird would have stayed at IU and we pressed harder and landed Kyle Macy.  Regarding Bird, he needed special attention to get him comfortable given what he was coming from.  The last thing he needed was Benny on his #^* and being roomed with a rich, suburban kid.  

The late 1970s would have been on another level.  

Archived