Kyle Macy Sounds Off

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A win on a neutral court would not have evoked that kind of frenzy either.

Can't speak for others but when that shot went down I let out a yell that represented 3 years of getting our brains bashed in by crap teams. It also represented being up double digits in that game and letting the game slip away. The fact that it was Kentucky made it that much greater but I agree with you. Neutral court wouldn't have had same feel. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seeking6 said:

Can't speak for others but when that shot went down I let out a yell that represented 3 years of getting our brains bashed in by crap teams. It also represented being up double digits in that game and letting the game slip away. The fact that it was Kentucky made it that much greater but I agree with you. Neutral court wouldn't have had same feel. 

The Wat shot was great but it was no Smart shot

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess growing up where I did I never felt UK as a real rival because I was never around any UK fans.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well for you UK is your biggest rival which is OK but I can say they are not my biggest rivals and both of us can be right.  This question does not have a right or wrong answer since this is your opinion and not a fact.

You didn't say "biggest rival" to begin this. You said you didn't think they were a rival at all...and that's a fact.

And they indeed ARE a rival...and that's a fact as well.

The Wat shot was great but it was no Smart shot

Of course not but if Smart had hit that game winning shot to win the NCAAT against UK he would have been elected Governor of Indiana and maybe the now Simon Sjodt Assembly Hall would have been called the Keith Smart whooping UK's ass Arena

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You didn't say "biggest rival" to begin this. You said you didn't think they were a rival at all...and that's a fact.

And they indeed ARE a rival...and that's a fact as well.

I never said they were not a rival but said that to me they were not a big rival.  Again you might not know the definition of what a fact is because what you said is an opinion.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course not but if Smart had hit that game winning shot to win the NCAAT against UK he would have been elected Governor of Indiana and maybe the now Simon Sjodt Assembly Hall would have been called the Keith Smart whooping UK's ass Arena

To me the celebration after that shot had more to do with that we were able to beat a #1 team and not just because it was UK.  You guys are telling me if that was a game against Duke and he hit that shot we would have not stormed the court like that.  We stormed the court when Haston's hit a game winner vs MSU as well

Just now, IU Scott said:

To me the celebration after that shot had more to do with that we were able to beat a #1 team and not just because it was UK.  You guys are telling me if that was a game against Duke and he hit that shot we would have not stormed the court like that.  We stormed the court when Haston's hit a game winner vs MSU as well

Of course we would any time you beat a #1 you are going t o get a similar result.  It will never be PU because they wont ever be #1 coming into our place, but it being UK put it on a whole different level. How often to people bring up the Haston shot? I hear or talk about the Wat shot on a regular basis. All my UK family hate Watford for it. If he does not hit that shot UK would have gone undefeated, they would not has lost to Vandy if the unbeaten season was on the line. For me and this in MY opinion UK is our biggest rival and if we want the national attention we need to be playing them and beating them on a regular basis. How many people tune in nationally to see IU/PU not many IU/UK is a big draw. that is why CBS had it on the schedule every first Saturday in December for their national audience.  IU/PU has been delegated to ESPN2

Geography clearly determines who is the biggest rival. For us folks along the River, it’s UK hands down. You’d be shocked to know how many of their fans we have to live and worship with and work along side... it’s gross. The Greentree Mall in Clarksville INDIANA has a store called “Kentucky Korner.” It dells about 75% UK gear and 25% Louisville. Not an IU centric store. Romeo did make an impact. Local Cracker Barrells have started selling much more IU stuff, as well as JC Penney, and other dept stores. I long for the day when Kentucky Korner closes, but it has been there a really long time. Yuck...

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course we would any time you beat a #1 you are going t o get a similar result.  It will never be PU because they wont ever be #1 coming into our place, but it being UK put it on a whole different level. How often to people bring up the Haston shot? I hear or talk about the Wat shot on a regular basis. All my UK family hate Watford for it. If he does not hit that shot UK would have gone undefeated, they would not has lost to Vandy if the unbeaten season was on the line. For me and this in MY opinion UK is our biggest rival and if we want the national attention we need to be playing them and beating them on a regular basis. How many people tune in nationally to see IU/PU not many IU/UK is a big draw. that is why CBS had it on the schedule every first Saturday in December for their national audience.  IU/PU has been delegated to ESPN2

I want to play them as well but I don't want IU to back down to whatever UK wants because that would make us look weak to give in.  We made a good compromise and Cal chickened out because he doesn't want to play in AH.  yes they might have played at UNC but everyone knows that the UNC home court is not as playing in AH when it is rocking.

16 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Geography clearly determines who is the biggest rival. For us folks along the River, it’s UK hands down. You’d be shocked to know how many of their fans we have to live and worship with and work along side... it’s gross. The Greentree Mall in Clarksville INDIANA has a store called “Kentucky Korner.” It dells about 75% UK gear and 25% Louisville. Not an IU centric store. Romeo did make an impact. Local Cracker Barrells have started selling much more IU stuff, as well as JC Penney, and other dept stores. I long for the day when Kentucky Korner closes, but it has been there a really long time. Yuck...

I shake my head at that store every time I walk by. 

4 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

IU vs Kensucky is definitely the bigger rivalry and draw nationally. But I can’t say I hate kensucky more than PU it’s pretty close. 

Hate both but to me the outcome of the Purdue is way more important to the overall outcome of the season.  The first goal should be winning the conference so  winning the Purdue games should help to obtain that goal where beating UK doe snot do that.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I guess growing up where I did I never felt UK as a real rival because I was never around any UK fans.  Also to me our biggest rivals are teams in this state and our conference and not an out of conference team that is not in the state of Indiana.  I enjoyed watching those games as well and to me it was better when it was on campus and not in a neutral site.  If they would agree with our deal of having both I am all for it but I don't think we need to bow down to them and concede our beliefs.

Another example of your perception not being actual reality.  But here we are, Scott digging his feet in on yet another argument.  This comes as often as east side shootings.  That and ridiculing people that don't share his opinion.  

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hate both but to me the outcome of the Purdue is way more important to the overall outcome of the season.  The first goal should be winning the conference so  winning the Purdue games should help to obtain that goal where beating UK doe snot do that.

This is a good logical statement.  One that will be well received.  We appreciate these.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I never said they were not a rival but said that to me they were not a big rival.  Again you might not know the definition of what a fact is because what you said is an opinion.

"I never felt UK as a real rival "

Those are your exact words...it appears that in addition to the reading comprehension challenges you face, your writing has its own issues...

One of the first lessons my Dad taught me was, "when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

Sound advice, I'd say...

I walked up to a co-worker one time who is a UK fan and said "OMG Susan, I just returned from lunch and saw your car has been vandalized."

She got this stricken look on her face and asked what had been done to it.  I said, "Someone stuck a UK plate on it."

She did not think I was funny.  I thought it was hilarious.  

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Another example of your perception not being actual reality.  But here we are, Scott digging his feet in on yet another argument.  This comes as often as east side shootings.  That and ridiculing people that don't share his opinion.  

Where did I ridicule anyone and I said it was my opinion and everyone has a right to their opinion.  I never said anyone was wrong with their opinion so before jumping in a ripping some one you might want to read the post before commenting.

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Those can be removed with the right tools.

I have a client from Lexington that I meet 2 times a year. Biggest UK fan I know. Has a F250 Kentucky Blue loaded with custom UK tailgate  stickers license plate u name it. 

Last year in the fall when we met I left to make a call but actually replaced his license plate frame with an IU one. When we met this spring I went outside to see if he had noticed not seeing his truck I asked and he said he had a rental for this trip because he was out on the road for several days. 

After about 2 weeks i sent him a text with a pic of his old license plate holder and said I picked this up and thought of u. He said that's funny I have the same one on my truck. I said no way I don't believe that u better go check.  Let's just say that the next few messages were not suitable for work.  He put 2 and 2 together (big accomplishem for UK fan) that he had the IU holder on for at least 6 months and had not noticed 

Where did I ridicule anyone and I said it was my opinion and everyone has a right to their opinion.  I never said anyone was wrong with their opinion so before jumping in a ripping some one you might want to read the post before commenting.

Scott, you know I've been reading these boards daily for a long time.  What was it, 2 days ago a whole thread got derailed over your bashing of certain posters, warning the new guys to avoid them saying they need to go back to rivals?  Or am I mistaken? 

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Scott, you know I've been reading these boards daily for a long time.  What was it, 2 days ago a whole thread got derailed over your bashing of certain posters, warning the new guys to avoid them saying they need to go back to rivals?  Or am I mistaken? 

That did happen but you must have not read this post because I did not ridicule anyone in this one unless you think telling someone it is an opinion and not a fact as ridiculing someone.

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

What does IU gain by refusing to play the series at neutral sites only?

Some self-respect and some leverage in the future.  Guess what happens when other schools see IU is willing to roll over and be UK's lapdog?

Archived