How do you assemble your burger ?

35 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Ketchup ? Mustard ? Mayo ? Onion ? Tomato ?  Bacon ?  Avacado ? Chile ?  Cheese ?

So many ways.  How do you like yours ?

Just one way :

How to Assemble a Burger 

And here in Colorado we have  the "Slopper".  Just one of many different variations here :

Colorado Burger Recipe 

Just depends on time of year. One constant for me though. No bread. Been using Romaine as the bun lately. Fresh Indiana tomato and always love avocado. I'm not a big condiment guy...never liked loading good food or meat in this case with ketchup, mayo, or mustard.

Bleu cheese, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, balsamic/black peppercorn mayo, bacon

Pepperjack cheese, salsa, roasted green chiles, avocado

Bacon, BBQ sauce, smoked cheddar, grilled onions, pickles

American cheese, Chili, sour cream, roasted green chiles, hot sauce

Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, thousand island, pickles (yep, Reuben burger....seriously, try it)

Or, if I don't feel like assembling all of that, there's always everyone's favorite:

meat, bun, cheese, beer. 

I stay mostly low/no carb but when I splurge

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, cheddar, ketchup

Bacon, cheddar, jalapeno, peanut butter

Bacon, pimento cheese, jalapeno

Bacon, cheddar, slightly runny egg, and a yeast doughnut cut in half with glazed side inside and non glazed side toasted for a bun.

Pulled pork, bbq sauce, slaw

I think I eat too much bacon. 

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Bacon, cheddar, slightly runny egg, and a yeast doughnut cut in half with glazed side inside and non glazed side toasted for a bun

Luther Vandross would be proud.

I don't say this often, but I've never seen that combination anywhere.  I like all of the ingredients involved....just never combined them...lol

Blasphemy

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Luther Vandross would be proud.

Had to look that up.LOL!

I don't say this often, but I've never seen that combination anywhere.  I like all of the ingredients involved....just never combined them...lol

I wasnt sure at first but I had to know.

Blasphemy

I guess I have no choice but to eat more bacon

37 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I stay mostly low/no carb but when I splurge

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, cheddar, ketchup

Bacon, pimento cheese, jalapeno

Bacon, cheddar, slightly runny egg, and a yeast doughnut cut in half with glazed side inside and non glazed side toasted for a bun.

Pulled pork, bbq sauce, slaw

The only thing better than bacon is more bacon. Even tried bacon on chocolate ice cream.  I came think of much that is not better by adding a pound of bacon to it

I take it off the grill, put it on a bun, and eat it. 

No toppings ever at home, though I will get a cheeseburger if I am out.

Putting bacon on a burger can enhance the burger, but takes away from the bacon.  Bacon is too good to waste by putting it on other food.  It's meant to be eaten by itself.  

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The only thing better than bacon is more bacon. Even tried bacon on chocolate ice cream.  I came think of much that is not better by adding a pound of bacon to it

Had a local ice cream shop that made a maple bacon ice cream that was awesome. They unfortunately had to close. 

Tomato, onion, pickle, mayo, mustard, ketchup, extra sharp cheddar cheese

BBQ sauce, pickles, and extra sharp cheddar cheese

A1 sauce, bacon, and extra sharp cheddar cheese

Heinz 57 and extra sharp cheddar cheese

And for all you bacon lovers, eat your heart's out...

Screenshot_20190723-170335_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

2 all beef patties special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun!!!  Not serious at all.

I like just about anything on a burger minus avacado. 

I can go (reluctantly) with avacado...but I put the full brakes on with any form of egg on a burger.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, milehiiu said:

Ketchup ? Mustard ? Mayo ? Onion ? Tomato ?  Bacon ?  Avacado ? Chile ?  Cheese ?

So many ways.  How do you like yours ?

Just one way :

How to Assemble a Burger 

And here in Colorado we have  the "Slopper".  Just one of many different variations here :

Colorado Burger Recipe 

Cheese, Ketchup and Bacon if I have it

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I used to feel that way. had a fuggetaboutit burger at Amazing Joes in Columbus with egg on it. 2 thumbs up!!!

I just can't imagine...how was the egg cooked? 

Just like I can never bring myself to try chicken and waffles. My food fusions can only go so far...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I just can't imagine...how was the egg cooked? 

Just like I can never bring myself to try chicken and waffles. My food fusions can only go so far...

Egg over medium or so. I cant do the Chicken and waffles either but Ayden loves them.  Last week for Ayden and I,(MOM was not home) I made some waffles put PB, bacon and a sausage patty together and I must say it was good . After we ate them he said next time put some chocolate syrup in there as well. 

Love chicken and waffles. But I also put syrup on just about anything. My wife calls me ELF when drench food in syrup. 

Anyone else try doing a custom burger grind? I have a kitchenaid with grinder attachment and have done it a few times. I just have fun experimenting but have put together some delicious patties.

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Love chicken and waffles. But I also put syrup on just about anything. My wife calls me ELF when drench food in syrup. 

Anyone else try doing a custom burger grind? I have a kitchenaid with grinder attachment and have done it a few times. I just have fun experimenting but have put together some delicious patties.

Science: For the Best Burgers, Don't Buy Ground Beef—See Why It's Best to Grind Meat Yourself! 

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Egg over medium or so. I cant do the Chicken and waffles either but Ayden loves them.  Last week for Ayden and I,(MOM was not home) I made some waffles put PB, bacon and a sausage patty together and I must say it was good . After we ate them he said next time put some chocolate syrup in there as well. 

Love good kid and good Dad stories.

Yours reminded me of this commercial.

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Love good kid and good Dad stories.

Yours reminded me of this commercial.

love that commercial. For some reason when I say that they always tell MOM. sometimes I trick them so they do tell her.  That breakfast was definitely a DONT TELL MOM scenario.  Ayden is the one that loves to try new foods so the only way he gets to is by he and Dad going.  

He and I will be going to Ann Arbor next month to see FC Barcelona play. We will have a great time eating things that Mom would probably not think to be good. 

Now the truth of the story is that my wife is 24 years younger than I am. She has a great job with great benefits which allows me to do absolutely nothing except keep the house clean, do laundry, grocery shop and keep the yard mowed and trimmed. So when she wants a burger I fix it any old way she likes it and serve it to her. If I want one I fix it myself. 

Archived