Indiana High School Football (2019)

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the intel.  Yes. Carmel.  I believe a former state champ. Correct ?  And I know about Avon. No much as Brownsburg. 

Carmel is a multiple time state champ. 6A in the north basically only consists of Penn. 6A south: WC, BD, LC, LN, NC, CG, Bburg, and Avon. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Carmel is a multiple time state champ. 6A in the north basically only consists of Penn. 6A south: WC, BD, LC, LN, NC, CG, Bburg, and Avon. 

Thanks.  Well.  Gotta say. That's one heck of a list. 

And people don't think Indiana has good prep FB ? I beg to differ. 

42 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks.  Well.  Gotta say. That's one heck of a list. 

And people don't think Indiana has good prep FB ? I beg to differ. 

The MIC is always listed as a top 5 conference in the country. It's the gauntlet. Football in Indiana doesnt have nearly the depth that basketball does.. but Indy+FW are the real deal. 

On 8/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, jblaz13 said:

I liked 5 Football classes. The more teams that have to go through each other directly to a title the more valid the claim to being the best becomes. However, I do think 4 would be in interesting and better. 

5 classes work as long as there are 320 or fewer schools playing.  Otherwise , you add a week to the tournament and begin to overlap basketball, which is just not right.  That might work in Alabama, but not Indiana.

Even then, with the mega schools in the Indy metro area already dominant, you expand that upper class to 64 teams again and the difference in the size of the student body, and in turn the competitive imbalance, is enormous.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

5 classes work as long as there are 320 or fewer schools playing.  Otherwise , you add a week to the tournament and begin to overlap basketball, which is just not right.  That might work in Alabama, but not Indiana.

Even then, with the mega schools in the Indy metro area already dominant, you expand that upper class to 64 teams again and the difference in the size of the student body, and in turn the competitive imbalance, is enormous.

Then let's go back to the play-off system.  

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That might work in Alabama, but not Indiana.

Hey, easy on my adopted state man🤣Actually that's quite true though. They definitely emphasize football, and even baseball,  over basketball down here. We've gotten spoiled with the basketball success in our community.  Very big blessing for a Hoosier.

With that said, Hoover High School is probably the only team in the state that could consistently compete in the MIC. You just don't have the population,  school enrollment, and competition here.

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely not. What's wrong with 6 classes? It's fair honestly. 

I didn't say it wasn't fair...it is just that maybe condensing the season would be better?  I dunno, I really don't have a horse in the race...my Son and Daughter need to give me some Grandkids!!!!!!

2 hours ago, rico said:

I didn't say it wasn't fair...it is just that maybe condensing the season would be better?  I dunno, I really don't have a horse in the race...my Son and Daughter need to give me some Grandkids!!!!!!

We want a tenth week. Not condensing. I want to get rid of intrasquad scrimmages. The success factor needs some tweaking though. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We want a tenth week. Not condensing. I want to get rid of intrasquad scrimmages. The success factor needs some tweaking though. 

Fair enough...you are the guy that is hands on.  Personally, I have no idea how it works anymore since my playing days were over 1984.

Just now, rico said:

Fair enough...you are the guy that is hands on.  Personally, I have no idea how it works anymore since my playing days were over 1984.

It's an opinion though.. I'm right nor wrong. With 10 regular season games.. plus one in the tourney.. no one would end up with a .500 record. Obviously that shouldn't be a deciding factor.. but I like the idea. 

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's an opinion though.. I'm right nor wrong. With 10 regular season games.. plus one in the tourney.. no one would end up with a .500 record. Obviously that shouldn't be a deciding factor.. but I like the idea. 

Are you wanting to start a week earlier, or end a week later.  I'm no fan of playing HS football in December.  That's basketball season.  

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Are you wanting to start a week earlier, or end a week later.  I'm no fan of playing HS football in December.  That's basketball season.  

Sort of detailed that in another post.. but.. get rid of intrasquad, move the scrimmage vs another team to the week we usually have intrasquad scrimmage.. start week one the week we usually play the scrimmage vs another team. Everything stays the same on the back end. 

We are allowed to do so much more in the summer now than we were before and dont need two weeks of more prep once official practice starts to get to a game week. 

We will have had 44 practices including 8 practices vs other teams, 1 intrasquad scrimmage, and 1 scrimmage vs another team before we play a single game. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

There's nothing wrong with class basketball. 

Participation trophies for everyone !   I know there are many who don't have a problem with class basketball.  And I know it will never change. However, I think class basketball has taken away a lot of how fans across this great nation of ours view Indiana prep BB.  It's just not the same for them, or me. 

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Participation trophies for everyone !   I know there are many who don't have a problem with class basketball.  And I know it will never change. However, I think class basketball has taken away a lot of how fans across this great nation of ours view Indiana prep BB.  It's just not the same for them, or me. 

It's better. Carmel 5,000 students. Enough said. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's better. Carmel 5,000 students. Enough said. 

And what would be greater than a high school with less than half that population, knocking off Carmel for the state championship ?   Of course, with class basketball, we'll never get a chance to know.

A proposal a few years back, that went no where.  Was to pit each class champ against each other.  I would like to see that brought up again.

52 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And what would be greater than a high school with less than half that population, knocking off Carmel for the state championship ?   Of course, with class basketball, we'll never get a chance to know.

A proposal a few years back, that went no where.  Was to pit each class champ against each other.  I would like to see that brought up again.

Carmel plays schools now that are half that size and they're in the same class 😂😂

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Carmel plays schools now that are half that size and they're in the same class 😂😂

Regular season games. I presume. Same class as Carmel ?  I just learned something. Thanks for that. 

I just keep thinking of the Milan Miracle. They even make movies of that kind of thing.  I am sure nothing like that will ever happen again.

The Milan Miracle of 1954

Also. I want to thank you very, very much.  For your civil debate with me.  THANKS !

Archived