Indiana High School Football (2019)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

My buddy watched him at a camp in Springfield, Illinois this past summer. Buddy is high school coach up in Chicago Suburbs, former college player,etc....and I trust his judgement more than my own. Said you can see all the physical attributes are already there especially given his age. 

Clarksville, a 2A program in the very southern part of the state, is in the midst of a 45 game losing streak.  Here is a preview of the upcoming season that appeared in the local paper.  I would say that, there are probably 1, possibly 2, chances at a win.  If the streak does not end soon contraction is a real possibility.  Low numbers have contributed heavily to the losing streak. Because of the way the school district boundaries are drawn, Clarksville loses a lot of potential student body to other schools systems.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/high-school-football-clarksville-has-sights-on-ending--game/article_e3150c24-bd8d-11e9-a355-3f8d38e633dc.html

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Clarksville, a 2A program in the very southern part of the state, is in the midst of a 45 game losing streak.  Here is a preview of the upcoming season that appeared in the local paper.  I would say that, there are probably 1, possibly 2, chances at a win.  If the streak does not end soon contraction is a real possibility.  Low numbers have contributed heavily to the losing streak. Because of the way the school district boundaries are drawn, Clarksville loses a lot of potential student body to other schools systems.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/high-school-football-clarksville-has-sights-on-ending--game/article_e3150c24-bd8d-11e9-a355-3f8d38e633dc.html

The school just needs to be dissolved into Jeffersonville. They won't win a game this year. Feel bad for them, honestly. 

I don't see the school itself closing, but shutting down the football program is a distinct possibility.  

It's truly not 'that' small of a school.  About 450 students.  And, the town itself is quite large.  It's just the school district lines were specifically drawn to keep it small. 

Clarksviile, the town, has a healthy tax base.  Unfortunately, Clarksville, the school, misses out on a lot of that because of how the lines are drawn.

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't see the school itself closing, but shutting down the football program is a distinct possibility.  

It's truly not 'that' small of a school.  About 450 students.  And, the town itself is quite large.  It's just the school district lines were specifically drawn to keep it small. 

Clarksviile, the town, has a healthy tax base.  Unfortunately, Clarksville, the school, misses out on a lot of that because of how the lines are drawn.

I think the school itself folds not too long after, if they do in fact give up football. 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As I am not familiar with the district, how are their other sports?

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think the school itself folds not too long after, if they do in fact give up football. 

The thing is Clsrksville is it's own school district.  No other school as in the district.  Jeff can't consolidate them in without a mandate by the State.  And, as long as they remain academically viable, I don't see that happening.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The thing is Clsrksville is it's own school district.  No other school as in the district.  Jeff can't consolidate them in without a mandate by the State.  And, as long as they remain academically viable, I don't see that happening.

Cost man. Kids will keep leaving. I know it's their own district. The state will give them a mandate. They want less districts. 

Archived