Indiana High School Football (2019)

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Those schools always seem to have had some serious athletes. Remember playing against Jeff Zurcher from South Adams. Guy was a total stud in football and basketball.  What was the name of South Adam's gym?  Something "dome" if I recall. (Stardome maybe?)

"Stardome" is indeed what it is referred to as.  Two schools with unique nicknames.  The Jets and the Starfires.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yikes.  And, you have that bog game up there in Adams County.

Here it is supposed to be 93 degrees at kickoff.

That game in Adams county will be on the "line" of what is here and moving through.  When I watched the news just a few minutes ago...It was 65 in Warsaw, 83 in Marion.  Storm cell is coming from the SW moving NE.  My gut tells me lots of games in my area are gonna get postponed or suspended if they are a go for kick-off.

Edit:

East Chicago Central   Hammond Clark ppd. Saturday
Jimtown   Concord ppd. Saturday
Mishawaka   Elkhart Central ppd. Saturday
NorthWood   Northridge ppd. Saturday
Plymouth   Wawasee ppd. Saturday
Whiting   Wheeler ppd. Saturday

22 hours ago, 5fouls said:

29 unbeatens remain,  Two matchups featuring unbeatens next weekend,  One in the Northwest.  The other in the deep South.

Merrillville at Valpo 

Southridge at Heritage Hills

Got a couple of fishing buddies that are on the Valpo wagon.

21 unbeatens remain

• 3 in 6A
  • 2 in 5A
  • 4 in 4A
  • 4 in 3A
  • 2 in 2A
  • 6 in 1A

Only matchup of unbeaten teams next weekend is Silver Creek vs, Brownstown.  It will also be the de-facto championship game for the Mid Southern Conference.  I, of course, will be rooting for Silver Creek.  And, I believe there is a pro-Brownstown poster on the board :coffee:

Brownstown has been the class of the Mid-Southern conference for at least the last 25 years.  For many years Silver Creek was the largest school in the state without a football program, reviving it in 2011.  Brownstown is, and should be the favorite in this game.  They are king of the conference until someone proves otherwise.  And if you look past the perfect record, Silver Creek is a 4A school that is not playing a 4A caliber schedule.  The Mid-Southern football conference is made up of 1 4A school (Silver Creek), 6 3A schools (Brownstown is one of those) and 2 2A schools (both which are not very good at all).  

Brownstown offense (11th in state at 44.14 pointsscored per game) versus the Silver Creek defense (13th in state at 8.14 points allowed per game).  Brownstown has scored less than 30 only once.  Silver Creek has not given up more than 12 points in any one game.  

Brownstown has the better opportunity for a long post-season run.  Silver Creek is in a sectional with traditional 4A power East Central and some Indy area schools that have played much tougher schedules.  

On 10/2/2019 at 2:40 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/football-coach-resigns-running-up-score

Okay, this just isn't right. there's running up the score, then there's this.

I've been on both sides of 50+ point games. Sometimes, your second team is just that much better than their first team, or vice versa. It happens. What did they want to have happen? Them take a knee on offense the entire 2nd half?

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

21 unbeatens remain

• 3 in 6A
  • 2 in 5A
  • 4 in 4A
  • 4 in 3A
  • 2 in 2A
  • 6 in 1A

Only matchup of unbeaten teams next weekend is Silver Creek vs, Brownstown.  It will also be the de-facto championship game for the Mid Southern Conference.  I, of course, will be rooting for Silver Creek.  And, I believe there is a pro-Brownstown poster on the board :coffee:

Brownstown has been the class of the Mid-Southern conference for at least the last 25 years.  For many years Silver Creek was the largest school in the state without a football program, reviving it in 2011.  Brownstown is, and should be the favorite in this game.  They are king of the conference until someone proves otherwise.  And if you look past the perfect record, Silver Creek is a 4A school that is not playing a 4A caliber schedule.  The Mid-Southern football conference is made up of 1 4A school (Silver Creek), 6 3A schools (Brownstown is one of those) and 2 2A schools (both which are not very good at all).  

Brownstown offense (11th in state at 44.14 pointsscored per game) versus the Silver Creek defense (13th in state at 8.14 points allowed per game).  Brownstown has scored less than 30 only once.  Silver Creek has not given up more than 12 points in any one game.  

Brownstown has the better opportunity for a long post-season run.  Silver Creek is in a sectional with traditional 4A power East Central and some Indy area schools that have played much tougher schedules.  

This is a good and fair breakdown. High of 66 right now on Friday showers in the morning.. looks like great football weather. I hope you make the trip up!

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I've been on both sides of 50+ point games. Sometimes, your second team is just that much better than their first team, or vice versa. It happens. What did they want to have happen? Them take a knee on offense the entire 2nd half?

You can't play football at half speed...you will get hurt. It's not like basketball or something...taking the air out of the ball is running it with your backups...I don't know what else he can do. Teams can be so uneven many times in HS football...it wasn't even that bad a score. Now if they are running triple reverse option passes and just gunning the ball all over with their starters that would have been something else. This stuff is unavoidable and I think he had been on the opposite end a couple times this year. Hopefully another school will hire him. That's just dumb on the administrations part...but unsurprising in the current everyone gets a trophy generation.

Archived