Indiana High School Football (2019)

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You can't play football at half speed...you will get hurt. It's not like basketball or something...taking the air out of the ball is running it with your backups...I don't know what else he can do. Teams can be so uneven many times in HS football...it wasn't even that bad a score. Now if they are running triple reverse option passes and just gunning the ball all over with their starters that would have been something else. This stuff is unavoidable and I think he had been on the opposite end a couple times this year. Hopefully another school will hire him. That's just dumb on the administrations part...but unsurprising in the current everyone gets a trophy generation.

Hell, my era was the "Everyone gets 'A' trophy" Era. We've devolved into the "Everyone gets THE SAME trophy" Era. God forbid we recognize superior abilities or accomplishments.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2019 at 11:09 AM, btownqb said:

This is a good and fair breakdown. High of 66 right now on Friday showers in the morning.. looks like great football weather. I hope you make the trip up!

That weather forecast has gone downhill.  I will be watching the radar closely before making the trip up.  

Welp, I sat through 3 hours of mist, occasional rain and brutal wind, but Silver Creek suffered their first loss, 22-13 in a battle of unbeatens.  With the conditions, the game was sloppier than both teams would normally show.  Some big plays both ways added some scoring to a game that did not have a lot of offense, but in the end, the better team probably won.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Welp, I sat through 3 hours of mist, occasional rain and brutal wind, but Silver Creek suffered their first loss, 22-13 in a battle of unbeatens.  With the conditions, the game was sloppier than both teams would normally show.  Some big plays both ways added some scoring to a game that did not have a lot of offense, but in the end, the better team probably won.

To be fair.. the first 75% of the first half wasnt awful. After that the weather was horrible 

Avon and Brownsburg, the top 2 teams in the Sagarin ratings (by a significant margin) drew each other in the first round of the sectional.  Other first round clash of the titans are spread throughout the draw.  Meanwhile, there are several matchups where both schools won between 0-2 games.  So, the inevitable questions are being asked.

• Should the tournament be 'all-in' or should there be some sort of qualifying system that restricts who makes the tournament?
  • Should the tournament be seeded, either with a qualifying system or as an all-in?

I'm against the qualifying system, but would not mind having the tournament seeded.  Any seeding would need to be after there is a North/South split of schools.  I can't see the value in having an Evansville school travel to South Bend just because the seeding says they should meet first round.  

Your thoughts?

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Avon and Brownsburg, the top 2 teams in the Sagarin ratings (by a significant margin) drew each other in the first round of the sectional.  Other first round clash of the titans are spread throughout the draw.  Meanwhile, there are several matchups where both schools won between 0-2 games.  So, the inevitable questions are being asked.

• Should the tournament be 'all-in' or should there be some sort of qualifying system that restricts who makes the tournament?
  • Should the tournament be seeded, either with a qualifying system or as an all-in?

I'm against the qualifying system, but would not mind having the tournament seeded.  Any seeding would need to be after there is a North/South split of schools.  I can't see the value in having an Evansville school travel to South Bend just because the seeding says they should meet first round.  

Your thoughts?

Not all records that are the same are alike.

Case in point. Ft Wayne Bishop Luers plays Snider this week, will likely lose, and will end their regular season with a 2-7 record. They are a Class 2A school and the smallest school in the SAC . They will be the favorites to win their sectional, probably regional and could conceivably advance farther. They absolutely should not be kept out due to a qualifying system. As far as the seeding system. How do you compare teams that play completely different levels of competition? 

I like the blind draw. If a lesser team can pull an upset that makes it more interesting 

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Case in point. Ft Wayne Bishop Luers plays Snider this week, will likely lose, and will end their regular season with a 2-7 record. They are a Class 2A school and the smallest school in the SAC . They will be the favorites to win their sectional, probably regional and could conceivably advance farther. They absolutely should not be kept out due to a qualifying system. As far as the seeding system. How do you compare teams that play completely different levels of competition? 

I like the blind draw. If a lesser team can pull an upset that makes it more interesting 

Sagarin rating could be used to seed

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Penn is a tad too far for me to keep an eye on but their big rivalry game is tomorrow night.  They visit Mishawaka.  The odds say they lose and head into sectional with a 4-5 record.  But I wouldn't want to play them.

Some of you know this, but I am the JV coach at the school I coach at.. 

Our JV team finished our season 8-0 on the year. We outscored our opponents 288-54 throughout the season. Incredibly proud of our guys. 

Sort of a bragging post, but I'm just incredibly proud of our team. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Some of you know this, but I am the JV coach at the school I coach at.. 

Our JV team finished our season 8-0 on the year. We outscored our opponents 288-54 throughout the season. Incredibly proud of our guys. 

Sort of a bragging post, but I'm just incredibly proud of our team. 

7/8ths of a like.  :coffee:

Archived