Indiana High School Football (2019)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, rico said:

Why?

South Adams came in averaging 43 points per game, and won the first meeting 42-14. Adams Central had given up 22 and 28 points in its last two games, to lesser teams. South Adams has a phenomenal junior class and will be loaded again next season, but this two-year cycle was supposed to be their window of opportunity, yet its Adams Central, in a rebuilding year, headed back to semi-state.

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Looks like the only team that might progress to Lucas Oil Stadium from NE Indiana is East Noble .

Dwenger loses a tough one by 3 to Valpo.

Adams Central takes it on the nose against Lafayette Central Catholic 

East Noble does indeed advance.

As far as NE Indiana I suppose you can call Eastbrook from there.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Carmel and  Center Grove for 6A title. I think that makes 10th title appearance for Carmel since 2006 season. Unreal level of consistency. 

Man they get to go north.. that's the only reason for that. 

Center Grove had to beat Warren and BD to just get to the state championship game. 

Warren had to beat LN and NC just to win sectional. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Center Grove had to beat Warren and BD to just get to the state championship game. 

Yep.  Northern football at the big school level just isn’t what it once was.  However, Carmel goes south starting next year.

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Carmel would still be doing work even if they had been going south all this time. Obviously not as good but they can clearly hold their own against the MIC. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Carmel would still be doing work even if they had been going south all this time. Obviously not as good but they can clearly hold their own against the MIC. 

I’m just one person w an opinion but this comment isn’t about Carmel.  It’s about the lack of really good teams in the north.  To be clear that includes Hamilton County teams and not just those in the far north.  Every once in awhile there is a true challenger but you saw the scores this year. They clearly didn’t have to play a team of the caliber of Ben Davis the entire tournament.

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’m just one person w an opinion but this comment isn’t about Carmel.  It’s about the lack of really good teams in the north.  To be clear that includes Hamilton County teams and not just those in the far north.  Every once in awhile there is a true challenger but you saw the scores this year. They clearly didn’t have to play a team of the caliber of Ben Davis the entire tournament.

That’s fair. The HCC is a pretty solid conference but in most years, they’re not a match for Carmel. I feel like Carmel usually plays a Ft Wayne team or Penn in the regional almost every year haha. 

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I understand and know some of you guys know more....but 10 times in 13 or so years? It's more than geography.

Archived