Indiana High School Football (2019)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who is hating on Carmel? Congrats on having 5000 kids lol

You saying Carmel going north is the only reason for their level of consistency/the reason they’ve been 10 times. Is it a reason? Sure. Hardly the only reason. 

Carmel would still be good even if they only had 3,000 students. 

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’d be one thing if Carmel struggled in the MIC, but they’re consistently at the top of that league every year. Avon and Brownsburg? Lol. Brownsburg couldn’t even beat Zionsville. 

Yep.

I get why people hate Carmel...but it shouldn't blind people to a few things. Really good players, program....and would have success against anyone in the state.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:21 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

You saying Carmel going north is the only reason for their level of consistency/the reason they’ve been 10 times. Is it a reason? Sure. Hardly the only reason. 

Carmel would still be good even if they only had 3,000 students. 

It's not the only reason.. they're an excellent program, not having to play those schools in the playoffs is huge. 

Avoiding 8 of the other 10 best teams in the state per year is undeniable. That's fine if you want to laugh at Brownsburg.. but they beat BD earlier this year. 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have known coach Bowsman for 5 or 6 years, ultra good guy. Incredible demeanor and personality. 

I feel for his son, Holden. I've spoken with him a couple of times the past week and does seem like he's holding up "well". Which it's no surprise, that kid is tough as nails. 

Please continue to pray for Coach Bowsman's family and the West Washington community. They're top notch people. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My old high school did this a couple of weeks ago when Knightstown  long time football coach dies.  He was the coach at Knightstown from 1967 to 2006 and went to 2 state championship games.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

One that we wish we wouldn't have to make, but yes, incredibly fitting tribute. Lights over an empty field feels similar to the riderless horse or the missing man formation.

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

I have known coach Bowsman for 5 or 6 years, ultra good guy. Incredible demeanor and personality. 

I feel for his son, Holden. I've spoken with him a couple of times the past week and does seem like he's holding up "well". Which it's no surprise, that kid is tough as nails. 

Please continue to pray for Coach Bowsman's family and the West Washington community. They're top notch people. 

As someone who lost a parent at age 12 when the kids are involved in tragedies it hits home quickly. Thoughts for all.

Archived