Anyone ever been to a ND football game?

btownqb

Let me be clear... I cannot stand ND football. BUT.. the lady friend is a fan and has never been to a game before. 

I have my tix, booked my hotel room..  I REALLY do not want to pay $85 to park. I see that there is a large grass lot north of the stadium that is first come first serve. Anyone know how packed this gets? It's the VT game btw. 

I took my brother to a game last year to fulfill an item on his bucket list. I bought a parking pass on Stubhub for $40. We parked in a business lawn about 1/2 mile from the stadium. They had a free shuttle that took us as close as was possible in a vehicle. After the game it maybe took us 20 minutes to walk back to the lot, and by then the traffic was thinned out enough that we were able to go with no delays 

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have never been to a game, but my wife does have family that lives in the South Bend area.  What I can tell you is that traffic on game days is an absolute nightmare,

I knew that. That's why I got a hotel room. Thank you though. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I took my brother to a game last year to fulfill an item on his bucket list. I bought a parking pass on Stubhub for $40. We parked in a business lawn about 1/2 mile from the stadium. They had a free shuttle that took us as close as was possible in a vehicle. After the game it maybe took us 20 minutes to walk back to the lot, and by then the traffic was thinned out enough that we were able to go with no delays 

Thank you. The cheapest parking pass I can find right now is $85. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Let me be clear... I cannot stand ND football. BUT.. the lady friend is a fan and has never been to a game before. 

I have my tix, booked my hotel room..  I REALLY do not want to pay $85 to park. I see that there is a large grass lot north of the stadium that is first come first serve. Anyone know how packed this gets? It's the VT game btw. 

Been to a couple games there but it's been quite awhile since. I thought the hotel we stayed at offered a shuttle service. Go Tech! 

I've only been to one, but I do remember there being a large grass lot to the north that ended up being something like a 20 minute walk to the stadium.

Growing up in The Region, ND is my second team, though I don't follow them nearly as closely as I do IU.

Here's a link: looks like it's White Field

https://gameday.nd.edu/assets/285089/parking_map_v4.pdf

If I were you, though, I'd just go park at my hotel, drop my bags off, and uber close to the stadium, then uber back to the hotel.

1974, Notre Dame vs. Navy. 
We lived in Elkhart and one day my wife and I went over to the stadium. We went all over the stadium, up in the press boxes and even got on the field. No one ever approached us so we took a casual tour. I am sure today you couldn't even get in the place. 

I have been to several but that was years ago and I barely remember the game definitely nothing about parking though. Great great tailgate party.

Recently we have been to Wrigley and Yankee Stadium and the advice we received was to UBER in and out.  They have a section set up to drop off and pickup. If you stay close enough UBER to and from save money and be able to have some beverages if you choose. Since we don't drink anymore never a need to UBER but I i hear it's cheaper than many parking lots

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have been to several but that was years ago and I barely remember the game definitely nothing about parking though. Great great tailgate party.

Recently we have been to Wrigley and Yankee Stadium and the advice we received was to UBER in and out.  They have a section set up to drop off and pickup. If you stay close enough UBER to and from save money and be able to have some beverages if you choose. Since we don't drink anymore never a need to UBER but I i hear it's cheaper than many parking lots

This only relates to Wrigley and parking. I'm giving away my little secret. 3800 North Clark area along East Side of Clark once you get to the cemetery there's about 40-50 free street parking spaces. Even on gameday. No clue how or why still free. If not...like you said whether it's Wrigley or Notre Dame.... Uber as close as you can and walk. 

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

You must really like the lady friend haha. 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This only relates to Wrigley and parking. I'm giving away my little secret. 3800 North Clark area along East Side of Clark once you get to the cemetery there's about 40-50 free street parking spaces. Even on gameday. No clue how or why still free. If not...like you said whether it's Wrigley or Notre Dame.... Uber as close as you can and walk. 

Wish you would have given me that tip last week.  Found a great spot for 2 dollars an hour 4 blocks from Wrigley field loaded up 20 on the park Chicago pass. Walked half a block and sign posted any cars parked between 9 PM and 6 am will be towed. Wife panicked and we dropped another 60 to get easy out parking across from stadium 

26 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m curious how many folks on here are legit ND football fans versus those who either don’t like them or are indifferent? 

I follow them closely...I am in the South Bend TV area and always have been.  It is kind of like me with the Cubs...I grew up watching the Irish and have been to many of games through the years.

59 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m curious how many folks on here are legit ND football fans versus those who either don’t like them or are indifferent? 

I follow the Irish more than any other college football team. IU is 2nd and I have caught plenty of heck on here for my reversible jacket but they can kiss it. 

Said this on these forums before.

Grew up Catholic and went to Catholic schools through high school. At that time, ND was my favorite school.

As an adult, have met too many ND alums who are as arrogant as they come. Worked in the Elkhart/Mishawaka/South Bend area for about 5 years. Still have clients up there. Been to ND sponsored functions. Had to and have to bite my tongue any time I am talking to those folks. 

Living in NE Indiana, the local newspapers are all ND all the time in regards to college football. IU and PU get limited coverage. 

Went to the ND game last year only because I wanted to help my brother attain one of his bucket list goals. Second time I have attended a football game there. Silently rooted for the opponents both games, one of which was won by Michigan St. and the other being last year's Pitt game which was ND's closest regular season win.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

But I don't want to uber.. I want to get there early and set up a tailgate lol 

Also... there is NO stadium in the world with worse traffic than University of Tennessee after a football game (built on a river.. traffic can only go one way). I have a hotel that evening so I'm not worried about the traffic.. I'll go back to.my tailgate and have a few. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

But I don't want to uber.. I want to get there early and set up a tailgate lol 

Also... there is NO stadium in the world with worse traffic than University of Tennessee after a football game (built on a river.. traffic can only go one way). I have a hotel that evening so I'm not worried about the traffic.. I'll go back to.my tailgate and have a few. 

If you want to park and tailgate you are gonna have to pay heavily for it i think. There are plenty of people to tailgate with and most don't mind a couple extra people.  My wife is against that completely but I make friends easily and as long as we contribute to the food or drink all is well. She hates being around strangers. 

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If you want to park and tailgate you are gonna have to pay heavily for it i think. There are plenty of people to tailgate with and most don't mind a couple extra people.  My wife is against that completely but I make friends easily and as long as we contribute to the food or drink all is well. She hates being around strangers. 

There are grass lots north of the stadium that are drive up and pay. Just dont know how much they are. 

Archived