Anyone ever been to a ND football game?

btownqb

Not Irish or catholic. North Central IN farmboy.  HUGE Irish Football fan, since birth. As a kid I remember our farm stopped all activity at game time. Only been to one game at South Bend, 4-5 years ago, got there early, parked in a nearby yard on south side a stadium for a little cash, maybe 3 minute walk to tailgaters. Great time, lost the game on last play endzone pick. That sucked. I remember being impressed how quick we were able to head south on 31....bitching all the way. Just kick the damn field goal. 

Going to see them play in Louisville Labor Day, with hopefully much better results!

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But I don't want to uber.. I want to get there early and set up a tailgate lol 

Also... there is NO stadium in the world with worse traffic than University of Tennessee after a football game (built on a river.. traffic can only go one way). I have a hotel that evening so I'm not worried about the traffic.. I'll go back to.my tailgate and have a few. 

Tailgate at the hotel, I am sure there will be plenty that join ya.

17 hours ago, rico said:

Are those tailgating rules "normal?"  

We routinely violated about 5 of those. My buddies parents had reserved spots in the first 2-3 spots just NW of Stadium. Will never forget at halftime one of the Dad's said hey go get some more beer and flips me $50. Being a college kid with pretty much no real understanding of rules....drove around the corner to Bloomington Liquors and picked up a keg...because that's what we do, right? Photos from that day (yes photos....1995) show sunset, darkness setting in and we had the only 4-5 cars left in the lot. Haha....heck with that 3 hour after game ended rule they have.

Archived