Summer Workout Updates

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

They just tweeted out the customary vertical jump video:

We’ve got 6 guys that had at least a 40” vert, so Banner #6 should be in the bag, lol.

Since we have so many leapers we should out rebound every team we play.  We may actually have to the way we shoot the ball😅

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We’ve got 6 guys that had at least a 40” vert, so Banner #6 should be in the bag, lol.

Haha, totally agree. 

Unless we get 10 free points to start the game by jumping or lifting weights, let's see results with elite 3-point shooting.

5 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Yeah I remember buying in last year with 7 Hoosiers over 40! Good to see TJD over 40 though!

I’m afraid “vertical leaps” are going the way of “40 times” in college football. Everyone inflated their 40s like crazy and then when the combine comes no one is close to their “workout numbers at school.”

i realize that some people test verticals standing, some with a drop step and some with a running start (like in this video), and all of those make a difference but guys the NBA draft combine didn’t have a single guy at 40 inches for the standing vertical.

and I’m sorry but when I’ve watched IU over the past couple years I don’t watch and think “GOOD LORD our team can jump better than most teams out there!”

im taking this with a grain of salt the size of a small automobile 

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m afraid “vertical leaps” are going the way of “40 times” in college football. Everyone inflated their 40s like crazy and then when the combine comes no one is close to their “workout numbers at school.”

i realize that some people test verticals standing, some with a drop step and some with a running start (like in this video), and all of those make a difference but guys the NBA draft combine didn’t have a single guy at 40 inches for the standing vertical.

and I’m sorry but when I’ve watched IU over the past couple years I don’t watch and think “GOOD LORD our team can jump better than most teams out there!”

I'm taking this with a grain of salt the size of a small automobile 

Fair statement.  Wonder if they took standing measurements?

I'b be tickled if I could do a 40 with a trampoline.

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Fair statement.  Wonder if they took standing measurements?

I'b be tickled if I could do a 40 with a trampoline.

In the video they clearly aren’t doing standing tests. If they’re saying they are when measuring their verticals (which I don’t believe they are implying), then we have SEVEN guys on our team that can jump FOUR inches higher than the highest leaper in the 2019 Draft.

now I’ve tested verticals with people and it does make a difference when you do standing VS running start. But we sure sound a lot more “athletic” then I see on the court. 

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

In the video they clearly aren’t doing standing tests. If they’re saying they are when measuring their verticals (which I don’t believe they are implying), then we have SEVEN guys on our team that can jump FOUR inches higher than the highest leaper in the 2019 Draft.

now I’ve tested verticals with people and it does make a difference when you do standing VS running start. But we sure sound a lot more “athletic” then I see on the court. 

No question those measures aren't standing.  I'm just curious if they had standing measurements that they weren't tweeting.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

No question those measures aren't standing.  I'm just curious if they had standing measurements that they weren't tweeting.

If love to hear those! I wish when it came to things like 40s and verticals and other things there were more absolute clear cut ways of doing them so you can truly compare apples to apples. I know some variations you can’t because of the high tech nature (ex 40s laser timed vs hand held), but when you don’t it all sounds like hype and not substance.

Archived