States with the worst drivers

13 hours ago, rd726 said:

Growing up it was always “those Michigan drivers!”  

My son, who was born in Colorado. Is always complaining about the California drivers in our state.  California is pretty high on the list. So. I think he may be on to something. 

This isn't state specific but city specific. The concept of roundabouts isn't like trying to figure out how to split an atom. Pretty simple. Figure it out if driving in Carmel. Just last night I was entering and the car in front of me decided to stop halfway in because he or she (didn't see driver) didn't know to keep going. Gladly the car coming from my left noticed this and stopped.

I work from home so I don't drive much anymore. From what I see out there when I do drive though....scary. 

Having lived in Texas for 7 years, here are my observations...

1. A dually should be driven like a Ferrari, sloloming in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed.

2. Everyone drives a dually

3. That stalk on the left hand side of the steering column is for decoration purposes only

4. Having your front bumper in front of an adjacent vehicle gives you the right of way

5. Tying cargo down in your dually is optional. If your cargo flies out of the dually's bed, ownership is immediately transferred to the first vehicle that impacts it, or anyone stupid enough to stop and try to dodge traffic recovering it.

6. Wave finger first, then gun

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This isn't state specific but city specific. The concept of roundabouts isn't like trying to figure out how to split an atom. Pretty simple. Figure it out if driving in Carmel. Just last night I was entering and the car in front of me decided to stop halfway in because he or she (didn't see driver) didn't know to keep going. Gladly the car coming from my left noticed this and stopped.

I work from home so I don't drive much anymore. From what I see out there when I do drive though....scary. 

Washington got it's first roundabout about 3-4 years ago.  The city even set up an exhibit at the park where people could "practice" with golf carts.

People are STILL bitching about it.

Personally, I love it...I rarely have to stop at one of the busiest intersections in town.  If you can't navigate a simple 4-way roundabout, you should probably just sell your vehicles and Uber.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, rd726 said:

Growing up it was always “those Michigan drivers!”  

Growing up in the region, it was always " those Illinois drivers"! Have to say after living many years in west Georgia, the number two earned by Alabama drivers is WELL deserved!!!! 

14 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Growing up in the region, it was always " those Illinois drivers"! Have to say after living many years in west Georgia, the number two earned by Alabama drivers is WELL deserved!!!! 

Grew up in "The Region" as well. However, it took many years later, and visiting friends in Michigan to learn a new term (for me at least) for people from Illinois. FIP.  Michiganders really, really don't like Illinois drivers.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Grew up in "The Region" as well. However, it took many years later, and visiting friends in Michigan to learn a new term (for me at least) for people from Illinois. FIP.  Michiganders really, really don't like Illinois drivers.

Know from many decades of going to the great Northwoods of northern Wisconsin, the Illini, were not well liked!! 

On 7/29/2019 at 1:03 PM, FKIM01 said:

Washington got it's first roundabout about 3-4 years ago.  The city even set up an exhibit at the park where people could "practice" with golf carts.

People are STILL bitching about it.

Personally, I love it...I rarely have to stop at one of the busiest intersections in town.  If you can't navigate a simple 4-way roundabout, you should probably just sell your vehicles and Uber.

I have had the pleasure, 😩 of driving twice through the Magic Roundabout of Swindon England!! 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=magic+roundabout+swindon&&view=detail&mid=9A926A04758001BA16C39A926A04758001BA16C3&&FORM=VRDGAR

Two concentric  roundabouts, with 5 roundabouts in-between!!!

Not to mention these idiots, drive on the wrong side of the road!!  

I agree wholeheartedly FKIM, if someone is incapable of negotiating a simple 4 way roundabout, they should just  give it in!!

22 hours ago, Drroogh said:

This is not how you negotiate a roundabout!!!!

https://metro.co.uk/video/this-not-approach-roundabout-1761820/?ito=vjs-link

If this wasn't from the UK, I would swear it was an Alabama driver!

I saw that earlier this week.  Amazing no one was seriously hurt.  IRRC, it was a teenaged driver and he lost his privileges for a year.

Archived