Brady Feeney Commits to Indiana

KDB

I'm starting to think we got a steal with Feeney.  He was the only junior offensive lineman selected to the Missouri All State team.  Back to back state championships in the largest class. He was starting to get interest from a lot bigger programs.  I saw somewhere that he hadn't really been to camps which has likely hurt his ranking.  I really think he could be a good player by his RS sophomore or RS junior year.  It seems like all the things I've read that people are saying about him make it seem like he could be a steal.

I agree, I think this kid is a very good get.

My biggest takeaway from this class is that the staff is bringing in kids, especially with size, who the staff thinks they can develop. I believe many of these kids came through IU camps so the staff got a good look at them.  

We have gotten some big boys that may not have the highest ranking when you compare the recruits from last year, but there are a number of big kids coming that the staff has looked closely at and they obviously think they can develop.  You take a big kid with natural size, get the bad weight off of him, build him back up with good weight and functional strength, and some of these guys can turn into meat and potatoes pieces in the long term.

Bottom line, the staff was able to land highly ranked guys last year, so you know that's in the staff's ability.  They are going after the meat and potatoes type and it shows you how little the star ranking means when you are trying to project a kid for the next level when he's not an obvious stud who does not require much imagination to see what he will be as a college player (which are few and far between).

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree, I think this kid is a very good get.

My biggest takeaway from this class is that the staff is bringing in kids, especially with size, who the staff thinks they can develop. I believe many of these kids came through IU camps so the staff got a good look at them.  

We have gotten some big boys that may not have the highest ranking when you compare the recruits from last year, but there are a number of big kids coming that the staff has looked closely at and they obviously think they can develop.  You take a big kid with natural size, get the bad weight off of him, build him back up with good weight and functional strength, and some of these guys can turn into meat and potatoes pieces in the long term.

Bottom line, the staff was able to land highly ranked guys last year, so you know that's in the staff's ability.  They are going after the meat and potatoes type and it shows you how little the star ranking means when you are trying to project a kid for the next level when he's not an obvious stud who does not require much imagination to see what he will be as a college player (which are few and far between).

I think the question becomes can they follow up a highly rated recruiting class with another one similar? So far, the average rating is .8396 versus .8577 a year ago. I wonder how close it’ll end up compared to last year. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't think our average rating will be as high as it was in 2018 and 2019.  In those two classes, IU got quite a few impact athletes at places like RB, DE, LB, S, and CB.  

This year, I don't think they will have as many highly ranked guys.  There seems to be a heavy emphasis on interior linemen on both sides of the ball.  These guys may not carry the same rankings but may provide the mass and strength they want up front.  The staff seems to think they can develop these guys both with nutrition and in the weight room but also ultimately on the field.  

Archived