John Dillinger exumed ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

That I do not disagree with!! It is REAL history!! Still does not justify the myth of a murderer bank robber as a hero!

Doesn't matter how you feel or think, RIGHT or wrong...the people of that era felt the way they did, and they lived it.  We didn't.

think I have tried to make it clear! Rewriting history is EVIL! You are right that the people and Brethren of the times, thought it Robin Hood eshcoresh (Spell Check Completely Failed ME) The truth of the down trodden, does not make evil, MURDER acceptable!

13 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

think I have tried to make it clear! Rewriting history is EVIL! You are right that the people and Brethren of the times, thought it Robin Hood eshcoresh (Spell Check Completely Failed ME) The truth of the down trodden, does not make evil, MURDER acceptable!

Let me tell ya a story.  My Great-Grandpa, whom I am named after btw, lost every cent he had when the banks crashed in 1929.  He promptly looked up the bank president and proceeded to shoot him with a 10 gauge.  Got arrested for attempted murder.  Funny thing is...it went to jury trial and he was acquitted.  That ain't rewriting history...that happened.  If you didn't live it, you don't comprehend it.  

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Let me tell ya a story.  My Great-Grandpa, whom I am named after btw, lost every cent he had when the banks crashed in 1929.  He promptly looked up the bank president and proceeded to shoot him with a 10 gauge.  Got arrested for attempted murder.  Funny thing is...it went to jury trial and he was acquitted.  That ain't rewriting history...that happened.  If you didn't live it, you don't comprehend it.  

Times were Hard, no doubt!! Your Great Grandpa and my Grandfather lost everything!! Seriously though, you think Dillinger was the answer??? 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Attempted Murder? With a 10 gauge? He was a bad shot. 

I joke Rico.

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Times were Hard, no doubt!! Your Great Grandpa and my Grandfather lost everything!! Seriously though, you think Dillinger was the answer??? 

Doesn't matter what I think...it matters what they thought.  If you want to call Dillinger a "glorified" killer I am fine with that.  But Wyatt Earp was glorified as well....but he wore a badge so that made it alright.

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Rico, Love YOU! 

But if these TIMES say killing people is justified because they disagree with me! Are you good with that?

TY bro, I just didn't live in those times...but I heard plenty from my elders.  Banks failed...prohibition...hell, I would have wanted to kill something!  Just sayin'

8 hours ago, Drroogh said:

C'mon mile! My Grandparents who had lucrative pipe fitting business in the Gary area, lost almost everything they had! Murder, is not acceptable!!

I am truly sorry to hear that. Was Dillinger directly involved in your Grandparents losing their business?  Or was it the result of the depression ?  My father got up in the middle of the night. To stand in long lines. Hoping to get a job for the day. Only to return home with nothing. So, your grandparents were not alone. My dad would not have had any money to spend at your grandparents business. Again, I am sorry for what they went through. They were not alone. I agree with you that murder is not acceptable. However, I have to take into context, the overall temper of the times.  I am not defending Dillinger. Just passing along the feeling at the time, that was passed onto me. 

I just like to stir things up a little. I was impressed with what Dillinger did. Impressive does not mean respect nor is it have to be good. Michael Jordan winning 6 titles GOOD impressive,  Jim Jones convincing 900 people to take their own life EVIL  impressive. 

Is murder, treason robbery ok? Our Founding Fathers believed so . We built statues and monuments and elected them to the highest offices. We elected and reelected a President that forcefully relocated and killed thousands of Native Americans.  We put the face of men on our currency that order the assassination of leaders of foreign countries that we were not at war with.  The list goes on and on but as Americans we call these men HEROES. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just like to stir things up a little. I was impressed with what Dillinger did. Impressive does not mean respect nor is it have to be good. Michael Jordan winning 6 titles GOOD impressive,  Jim Jones convincing 900 people to take their own life EVIL  impressive. 

Is murder, treason robbery ok? Our Founding Fathers believed so . We built statues and monuments and elected them to the highest offices. We elected and reelected a President that forcefully relocated and killed thousands of Native Americans.  We put the face of men on our currency that order the assassination of leaders of foreign countries that we were not at war with.  The list goes on and on but as Americans we call these men HEROES. 

Good post and spot on.  Kind of funny how we look back at history and judge by the standards that are in place in the present.  When today's standards were not in place back then.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

That whole Jim Jones thing was pretty impressive. And another native Hoosier. I'm starting to see a trend here.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Florence Henderson, Jim Nabors, Orville Reddenbocker 

My dad was friends with Florence Henderson when they were both in high school. Different schools but they met at a dance. 1950 or so.

Is this thread officially off topic? I swear I'm doing my best. Lol.

5 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

My dad was friends with Florence Henderson when they were both in high school. Different schools but they met at a dance. 1950 or so.

Back to topic...Dillinger liked Brooks catsup.

28 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I will get in back on track soon with some other interesting stuff about JD

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will get in back on track soon with some other interesting stuff about JD

Everyone knows he is dead (unlike Elvis who lives on the dark side of the moon, don't get me started). I don't understand why anyone, even his descents, cares where his bones are currently located.

1 hour ago, Officer Obie said:

Everyone knows he is dead (unlike Elvis who lives on the dark side of the moon, don't get me started). I don't understand why anyone, even his descents, cares where his bones are currently located.

C'mon man, everybody likes a good conspiracy theory.

Times change a lot and different times call for different acceptable norms of behavior.  During the revolutionary war, the British were shocked that rebel colonials would shoot at their officers, and would hide behind trees rather than standing in a straight line across the field from them taking turns firing volleys.

Archived