Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

Nice pickup, seems like Duncomb was the center the staff had been prioritizing the most for 2021.  Also always great to steal a recruit away from the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, and OSU... I’ll have to watch some highlight tapes.  Could be a great pairing with Kaufman in the ‘21 class.

• Like 1

Inside out recruiting. Nice to get an Ohio kid.  I’d love to see our next new assistant have Illinois ties so we can attack more there too.  

Watching Logan develop is going to be interesting.  You can project what he will be like as a player as he grows into his body more and more.  The other nice thing is he will be here for awhile as an ideal likely four year player.  I believe his coach kept using the word “motor” with him.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Inside out recruiting. Nice to get an Ohio kid.  I’d love to see our next new assistant have Illinois ties so we can attack more there too.  

Watching Logan develop is going to be interesting.  You can project what he will be like as a player as he grows into his body more and more.  The other nice thing is he will be here for awhile as an ideal likely four year player.  I believe his coach kept using the word “motor” with him.  

What new assistant, I don't think anyone left did they?

Seems like a really strong pickup!

I really like what Archie is doing in terms of roster. I think you need two guys like Kaufman and Muhammad to make it take off, but the makeup is there for really strong teams. There's just a really nice mix of presumably 4-year guys (Franklin, Leal, Galloway, etc.), a couple lower rated guys with huge upside (like Geronimo), and then more immediate "star" guys with Lander and then hopefully adding Kaufman and Muhammad. 

That's a solid mix of guys that bring star power mixed with foundational, 4-year guys to survive and still be competitive if some of those stars leave sooner than anticipated. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 6:21 AM, IUCrazy2 said:

I have seen 6'8 to 6'9 for his height.  Anyone know if he is expected to keep growing?  If we were to land him, it would be nice if he were more in the 6'10 to 6'11 range.

Also, is the current height legitimate or is it the usual where they say 6'8 but they go off to get measured by the pros and are actually a shade over 6'6?

SIAP.

This video from last July says, he is expected to still be growing :

Moeller’s Logan Duncomb 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Seems like a really strong pickup!

I really like what Archie is doing in terms of roster. I think you need two guys like Kaufman and Muhammad to make it take off, but the makeup is there for really strong teams. There's just a really nice mix of presumably 4-year guys (Franklin, Leal, Galloway, etc.), a couple lower rated guys with huge upside (like Geronimo), and then more immediate "star" guys with Lander and then hopefully adding Kaufman and Muhammad. 

That's a solid mix of guys that bring star power mixed with foundational, 4-year guys to survive and still be competitive if some of those stars leave sooner than anticipated. 

There’s already a big debate raging on Kaufman thread about him not coming to IU