Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Miss on Kaufman and Archie is in serious trouble IMO.  He needs 2 impact big men for 2021 and Logan isn't one of them. 

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Lol

Feels like a broken record, doesn't it?

"Miss on ___________ and Archie is in trouble/lost all recruiting momentum."

"Must-win game.  If Archie loses this, his seat will get very warm/the fan base will turn against him."

Edited by FKIM01
typos
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Feels like a broken record, doesn't it?

"Miss on ___________ and Archie is introuble/lost all recruiting momentum."

"Must-win game.  If Archie loses this, his set will get very warm/the fanbase will turn against him."

Yeah let's all bet the season on Race holding down the fort by himself.   It's like the Pat Ewing Jr days all over again. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just got caught up on the Kaufman thread and my reaction is, meh! I don't get too caught up in what one reporter says. 

I would have heard about something like that, if it had happened. That's just too dramatic of a take, in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would have heard about something like that, if it had happened. That's just too dramatic of a take, in my opinion. 

Yeah, if 2-3 reporters and some insiders come out with the same thing I'll give it some credence, but one guy tweeting and providing no reason or context, doesn't move the needle for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

Good looking big on the rise currently sitting at 80 on 247 rankings.

Taking bets on Stlboiler congratulatory post:

My money is on these two words being in there .... “interesting” and “Furst”

Solid pick-up. 

Glad you thought of me though haha. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

We always want them but don't necessarily need them.  We seriously need them in that class unless you're suggesting that Trayce is back as a junior.   Highly unlikely. 

Trayce needs to develop an outside shot to be a top 10 pick IMO.  If he doesn't develop this during the 2020-2021 season, I would think there is a legit shot he returns for one more year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Seems like a really strong pickup!

I really like what Archie is doing in terms of roster. I think you need two guys like Kaufman and Muhammad to make it take off, but the makeup is there for really strong teams. There's just a really nice mix of presumably 4-year guys (Franklin, Leal, Galloway, etc.), a couple lower rated guys with huge upside (like Geronimo), and then more immediate "star" guys with Lander and then hopefully adding Kaufman and Muhammad. 

That's a solid mix of guys that bring star power mixed with foundational, 4-year guys to survive and still be competitive if some of those stars leave sooner than anticipated. 

I wouldn't say Geronimo was a lower rated recruit with him being a top 100 player 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've consistently said we need multiple top 50 big men in the 2021 class.  I've been right way more than I've been wrong over the years.

Yeah you and Fepaugh are never wrong.  I bet he is over on rivals talking about Duncomb not being a high enough rated recruit.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, if 2-3 reporters and some insiders come out with the same thing I'll give it some credence, but one guy tweeting and providing no reason or context, doesn't move the needle for me. 

To me this is kind of funny on the same day that a Duke insider puts a crystal ball prediction for us on Kaufmann is the same day this guy post this tweet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't say Geronimo was a lower rated recruit with him being a top 100 player 

Right, but he's not a guy you expect to be 1 or 2 and done. He's not a Lander, Langford, Zeller, Yogi. He's ranked around 80ish, so a guy you'd expect to probably be around 3 or so years, but he doesn't have the intangible potential with his length and athleticism to over deliver on his ranking like a VO or OG. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Right, but he's not a guy you expect to be 1 or 2 and done. He's not a Lander, Langford, Zeller, Yogi. He's ranked around 80ish, so a guy you'd expect to probably be around 3 or so years, but he doesn't have the intangible potential with his length and athleticism to over deliver on his ranking like a VO or OG. 

Now a days you have no clue who will leave early.  I saw that Richmond had 3 guys declare for the NBA

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me this is kind of funny on the same day that a Duke insider puts a crystal ball prediction for us on Kaufmann is the same day this guy post this tweet.

Not to bash Nick, the guy who made the Kaufman tweet, he seems like a good guy. I'm not sure if I follow him on Twitter, but I do see a lot of his tweets due to following so many IU accounts and his content is generally really good. 

With that said, he did tweet yesterday that he lost his job. This isn't meant to be personal, again he seems like a good guy and it's awful that he lost his job during all of this uncertainty. I feel really bad for him. But, the timing does raise the eyebrow. An interesting time to come out with a tweet that you know will generate a TON of interest. 

• Like 2