Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Now a days you have no clue who will leave early.  I saw that Richmond had 3 guys declare for the NBA

It's also easier than ever to declare for the draft and still return to school. Just because they declared it doesn't mean they're leaving. Even if they stay in and go undrafted they could return as long as they kept their eligibility regarding agents.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 2

i battle with many of you about how important rankings are every time recruits come up.  i will admit that i think one of the most important things is what other schools offered, BUT... i still stick with we have guys ranked 99, 128, and 132 coming in this season.  hopefully Lander too.  now we have 106 coming in 2021.  sure guys can be underrated and hey can overachieve, but i don't exactly count that as killin it!  we need a nice mix of these #99-132 kids, but a couple more studs like Lander to really expect much.  

• Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, Cheaney40 said:

He is a legit 6’8 or 6’9. I live in Cincy, and have seen him several times. No idea if he’ll get taller or not. Good frame though. 

I live in the cincy area as well and have seen him. He is very long, and I think young for his class as well .  I don't know if he will get taller, but he will fill out nicely.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i battle with many of you about how important rankings are every time recruits come up.  i will admit that i think one of the most important things is what other schools offered, BUT... i still stick with we have guys ranked 99, 128, and 132 coming in this season.  hopefully Lander too.  now we have 106 coming in 2021.  sure guys can be underrated and hey can overachieve, but i don't exactly count that as killin it!  we need a nice mix of these #99-132 kids, but a couple more studs like Lander to really expect much.  

I saw a couple of rankings that had him in 80-90 range

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So what are Wisconsin players typically ranked?

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw a couple of rankings that had him in 80-90 range

247 has him at 80. 247 composite has him just a bit above 100 (106?). Rivals has him around 140 and a 3*. I, personally, pay more attention to the composite ranking than individual site rankings. That and other offers.

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

East coast?  Who are all these east coast guys we've landed?

It’s not necessarily about who we’ve gotten now but in years past the east coast guys have been very successful for us and we need to continue building bridges and oh yeah that Aminu guy we want. Bruiser is the one building the relationship with him and he happens to be an east coast guy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I've long said this too. I'd love to see the bulk of the roster ranked between say 35-80 and then you sprinkle in 2-3 guys on both ends of that range. A couple in the 15-35 range and a couple in the 80-130 range. 

The 35-80 guys are typically close in skill/talent to the 15-35 guys, but maybe missing one intangible which forces them to stay in college 3-4 years. If you build the foundation of your program on guys like that, and then supplement with a few 1/2 and done guys and a few guaranteed 4-year guys on the other end of the spectrum, then you'll have sustained, high level winning. 

• Like 3

I pay attention to other offers more so than rankings. You get past 25-30, it’s a crapshoot, and comes down to player development. 

other big names wanted him, and he committed without taking an official visit. That says something. 

as others have mentioned, we’ll be celebrating again in the next 2-6 weeks!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've long said this too. I'd love to see the bulk of the roster ranked between say 35-80 and then you sprinkle in 2-3 guys on both ends of that range. A couple in the 15-35 range and a couple in the 80-130 range. 

The 35-80 guys are typically close in skill/talent to the 15-35 guys, but maybe missing one intangible which forces them to stay in college 3-4 years. If you build the foundation of your program on guys like that, and then supplement with a few 1/2 and done guys and a few guaranteed 4-year guys on the other end of the spectrum, then you'll have sustained, high level winning. 

I feel that too but to me it’s more about the fit of the roster and how they compliment each other. You have a bunch of highly ranked “athletes” which often these 5* kids are because it’s all Nba potential the Rivals guys see but you get me a nice well rounded roster even lower ranked 100 guys that can shoot the ball...play hard defense....once you have good depth of that then sprinkle in a couple top 50 guys here and there. A guy like Trayce may be wasted in that he may be gone before we build it. Once we have built things up and changed the culture around here we can start moving up trying to fill out rosters of top 50-75 guys like you see Villanova and typically NC do. Right now it’s much more about fit and personality as much as it is just pure talent imo.

Edited by dgambill

Just getting in front of the screen again. Phenomenal pickup and momentum continues for Archie and IU. 6'9 Center who can use both hands and has range to 16 or so? One of the best Centers in the Midwest. 

Regarding that Nick's guy tweet....his original tweet and subsequent follow up in replies makes zero sense. He said that TK plays the 4 and LD plays 5 but they'll never play together? Seems like what Gleas said...attention grab because everyone else has said crystal ball is 100% for Trey to IU.

Great job by our staff. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just getting in front of the screen again. Phenomenal pickup and momentum continues for Archie and IU. 6'9 Center who can use both hands and has range to 16 or so? One of the best Centers in the Midwest. 

Regarding that Nick's guy tweet....his original tweet and subsequent follow up in replies makes zero sense. He said that TK plays the 4 and LD plays 5 but they'll never play together? Seems like what Gleas said...attention grab because everyone else has said crystal ball is 100% for Trey to IU.

Great job by our staff. 

Yeah we agree there.  He may end up being right but I think Nick is blowing out his ass.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This all day long. I'm feeling like the 2002 type team strategy is exactly what Archie is putting together. 4-5 solidly ranked guys who will be around for a few years and pepper with elite like JJ was. I'm really trying to show some restraint but the amount of quality talent and elite talent this squad is going to have on it next year and the following?? Very, very good times ahead for IU. If Kaufman says yes....the chest will grow another 2 inches. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Great job by our staff. 

LMAO, he said that Kaufman and Duncomb won't play together? I almost made a joke right after I saw this commitment that about how they wouldn't play together. It seems every player IU lands or is recruiting Kaufman won't play with. He wouldn't play with Furst until Purdue landed Furst then it wasn't an issue. He was fine playing with Lander until Lander committed to IU and suddenly they won't play together. Now Duncomb, ignoring that they play together in AAU with no problem.

For what it's worth (not much), 2 Duke analysts predict Kaufman to IU now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1