Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

With most highly ranked players being one and dones, they often get drafted high based on potential and with that comes a high salary.  Would be interested to see how many pf those $5M players are actually busts.

A more accurate picture to me is how many have been all-stars.  It probably still leans Top 15, but maybe not as heavily, especially once you get beyond that number.

Agreed, the 5M isn't too arbitrary. A more accurate stat for me would be # of second contracts.

2018-19
FIRST TEAM
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
F: Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder
😄 Nikola Jokić, Denver Nuggets
G: James Harden, Houston Rockets
G: Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
SECOND TEAM
F: Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
F: Kawhi Leonard, Toronto Raptors
😄 Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers 
G: Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
G: Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
THIRD TEAM
F: Blake Griffin, Detroit Pistons
F: LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
😄 Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
G: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
G: Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets
* Official release & voting totals

Tis is the list of the all NBA for 2018-2019.  I did not take the time to look but a lot of these players were not 5 star recruits.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would think the players association likes the one and done rule because it allows the older players more roster spots.  If the players accept this then they will want something from the NBA so there will be some negotiating.

Well. I am sure all of Hoosier Sports Nation knows I am an advocate for the college game. Over and above the NBA.  Hey. NBA get this stupid rule over with. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well. I am sure all of Hoosier Sports Nation knows I am an advocate for the college game. Over and above the NBA.  Hey. NBA get this stupid rule over with. 

So do I and I would love college basketball go to the baseball rule.  You go straight to the NBA but f you go to college you have to stay 3 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So do I and I would love college basketball go to the baseball rule.  You go straight to the NBA but f you go to college you have to stay 3 years.

How in the heck can the NBA ignore the baseball rule ?  So many more players.  Maybe that's why the NBA has chosen not to follow MLB .  Time to change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

How in the heck can the NBA ignore the baseball rule ?  So many more players.  Maybe that's why the NBA has chosen not to follow MLB .  Time to change.

probably because they know that the players association will never go for it.  Also I think if we had that rule that we would see a lot more guys than we do now make huge mistakes and go straight out of high school that shouldn't.  A lot of kids would not want to go to college for 3 years so they will just go straight from high school and would never be heard from ever again.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

2018-19
FIRST TEAM
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
F: Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder
😄 Nikola Jokić, Denver Nuggets
G: James Harden, Houston Rockets
G: Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
SECOND TEAM
F: Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
F: Kawhi Leonard, Toronto Raptors
😄 Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers 
G: Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
G: Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
THIRD TEAM
F: Blake Griffin, Detroit Pistons
F: LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
😄 Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
G: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
G: Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets
* Official release & voting totals

Tis is the list of the all NBA for 2018-2019.  I did not take the time to look but a lot of these players were not 5 star recruits.

I don’t quite follow the point you are proving with your post (disparage the rankings ?) but......

Three the 15 players above are overseas and thus were not included in Rivals or 247 rankings.. Of the remaining 12 players 7 were 5 stars.  An additional player was a high 4 star.  On the other side of the coin Lillard was only a two star. 

In a given year roughly 500,000 males play hs  basketball so roughly 100,000 are seniors.  Of the 100,000 or so seniors an astronomically low 25-30 are 5 stars but 58% of the above players were 5 stars. If anything I think that speaks to how the odds (not a guarantee by any means) of 5 star players being good is pretty impressive.

Back to the topic....glad we got Logan and hope we finish strong with Kaufman.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

as usual, totally agree.  people always say rankings don't matter, and i get it... sometimes they are way off.  that said 35-80 ranked guys any day of the week!  politics some times play into where they get jumbled, potential, etc, etc., but it sounds like we're landing almost all of that 80-130 range right now.  sure 1 or 2 are fine, but give me at least a couple in the 15-35 range an the rest in 35-80.  no, i don't want Cal's group of all 5 star guys (or at least don't expect it!).  i agree with the other poster that said it's about how they fit together and play together, but talent does matter!   

I agree that getting guys in that area above 80 more regularly helps push you into that upper echelon...but, hear me out, I think we need to build ourselves back to that.  Miller is pulling in Wisconsin level guys.  If he is able to get recent Wisconsin level results, then I believe that is where the Indiana brand can kick in again and start helping us land those bigger fish.

This took over 20 years to break, it will take a little while to fix.

This kid will be a staple come his Jr/Sr season mark my words!  75-100 ranked players take a yr or two to develop at this level but come yr 3/4 we won’t care!  How long did it take Luka Garza to become dominant?  This is an Iowa/Wis type player that other teams will hate in just a few short yrs!  Patience HSN

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I really love this and feel good about the next several years at this point. Even if Lander and TJD are gone after next year (major if) I like our roster heading into the following season. 

Lander will be here for at least two years. I’d be surprised if TJD came back for a third, but not completely if he loves the college game or gets valuable information.