Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

51 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Was Ohio State in the mix?  Much better to see him playing against the Badgers or Hawkeyes than for them....particularly the former.  Wisconsin and Purdue are 2 programs that I am ready to go on a "sick and blanking tired" Knight rant about. 

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/recruiting/logan-duncomb-could-be-an-in-state-player-for-the-buckeyes

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

From the article you cited...

"Currently a three star prospect, top 20 Center in the nation according to 247 sports. But, I wouldn’t expect him to become a four star top 100 prospect, before long. "

Typoed the n't?

51 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From the article you cited...

"Currently a three star prospect, top 20 Center in the nation according to 247 sports. But, I wouldn’t expect him to become a four star top 100 prospect, before long. "

Typoed the n't?

Considering the whole sentence is basically a violent beat down of the English language, it very well could be.

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

The one thing I notice in his highlights is he has a feel for playing the post. I played down low in school, you either have it or you don’t. He does, that’s a jump on the crowd

He has nice touch and good passing for a big. I agree though the best thing I saw was he understood angles and he did a wonderful job feeling the weight and positioning of his defender then making quick decisive move past him to the basket. Hope he grows a couple more inches because he can be a good one!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He has nice touch and good passing for a big. I agree though the best thing I saw was he understood angles and he did a wonderful job feeling the weight and positioning of his defender then making quick decisive move past him to the basket. Hope he grows a couple more inches because he can be a good one!

Exactly...you catch feel the defender on bounce one, make the move. There shouldn’t be too many 3 bounces and then a move. You can tell when a guy has the feel for the position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This is the first highlight video of his I’ve been able to watch.  Wow, he’s a lot more mobile than I expected him to be.  Looks like he’ll definitely be able to play at either forward spot and has the potential to step out and hit a three, like others have mentioned.  Definitely has the look of one of those Wisconsin bigs that kills us every time... Excited to see him suit up for IU.

• Like 2

IU sets the stage with Duncomb. He will be a great addition and the fact he already has some size is a pleasant change. Yes, he will have to get stronger but he starts in a good place. The important thing is they are addressing what is clearly going to be a need as Brunk graduates and TJD likely goes pro after next season.

They still need another big or two regardless. You can't get through a season in the B1G without 3 or 4 legit bigs. Too much home cooking on the road leading to foul trouble, too much opportunity for injury, too much to ask of a freshman, and frankly too many top tier teams annually run 3 to 4 legit bigs at you already. If you want to compete at the highest level you better have bodies that can come in and stand their ground. You rarely see an MSU roster without 4 or 5 guys 6'8 to 7'0 and 225 lbs or better. Some play and some wait their turn but they are always there.

• Like 5

On 4/18/2020 at 12:09 AM, dgambill said:

Everything you described dgambill, is this kid has what us Hoosiers call "basketball instincts" that is in no ranking formula today.  Understanding the game on the floor is the most important trait that is lost today.  I.E., a recruit ranked a 3 star but has basketball instincts is a 5 star in my mind.  This is where the instincts part is not part of the formula thus resulting in 3 stars.  Everyone is fascinated on athleticism and how high can they jump that they forget the most important trait.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Everything you described dgambill, is this kid has what us Hoosiers call "basketball instincts" that is in no ranking formula today.  Understanding the game on the floor is the most important trait that is lost today.  I.E., a recruit ranked a 3 star but has basketball instincts is a 5 star in my mind.  This is where the instincts part is not part of the formula thus resulting in 3 stars.  Everyone is fascinated on athleticism and how high can they jump that they forget the most important trait.

Logan's coach at Moeller is Karl Kremer.  575 - 157 won/loss record with five state championships, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2018, 2019.  He knows how to coach and teach basketball.  Program plays a very competitive schedule both locally and nationally.  They are legit.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Logan's coach at Moeller is Karl Kremer.  575 - 157 won/loss record with five state championships, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2018, 2019.  He knows how to coach and teach basketball.  Program plays a very competitive schedule both locally and nationally.  They are legit.

I do and have followed a lot of Ohio prep FB and BB over the years.  And all I have got to say towards your statement, is......Yep.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 7:14 PM, 5fouls said:

Heck.  Even Gomer Pyle might be.  

A little more on Ernie Pyle.  He is buried high on a hill in the Punch Bowl. Over looking Pearl Harbor.  If not at IU. I could not think of a better place for his remains.  If any of you ever get a chance to make it to the main island of Hawaii.... I highly recommend you take a visit. 

• Thanks 1