Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

40 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What does it mean when in the top right corner the heart is highlighted in orange? I’ve seen it on a lot of posts but have always been curious what it is.

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A favored post, by members of HSN.

To expand...has a minimum of 10 reactions by members.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, jv1972iu said:

Logan's coach at Moeller is Karl Kremer.  575 - 157 won/loss record with five state championships, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2018, 2019.  He knows how to coach and teach basketball.  Program plays a very competitive schedule both locally and nationally.  They are legit.

Sounds like Karl knows the "Basketball IQ" that I preach!!!  If I was starting a program, I wouldn't get the hi profile recruits and would define my success on the basketball instincts!!!  Makes coaching so much easier when your players are smart & understand the game so your not teaching Calculus.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, KDB said:

Thanks for bringing this to the board.

Kudos to Duncomb. His hard work is paying off and his skills are being recognized.

Kudo to Archie and staff for identifying an undervalued player. People talk all the time about Crean bringing in Oladipo, OG, etc. who weren't highly ranked, but credit should also be given to CAM in these situations for getting the 3* that moved up to 4* before the final rankings/getting to campus as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

Thanks.

It’s great we landed Duncomb and looking forward to seeing him play/develop. 

I’m especially excited to see him play with Kaufman at IU :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Thanks.

It’s great we landed Duncomb and looking forward to seeing him play/develop. 

I’m especially excited to see him play with Kaufman at IU :)

And I think we are recruiting some other players at Archbishop Moeller High School - which I think is a good program (correct me if I am wrong). It would be nice to establish a solid pipeline to a quality regional school, even if it is 40 minutes outside the Indiana border 😄!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

And I think we are recruiting some other players at Archbishop Moeller High School - which I think is a good program (correct me if I am wrong). It would be nice to establish a solid pipeline to a quality regional school, even if it is 40 minutes outside the Indiana border 😄!

They are definitely an exemplary program with multiple big school state titles.  Great coaching staff as well.  

44 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I think having a presence in Cinci and Columbus is a good thing. Those two cities certainly aren't Indy when it comes to hoops, but they aren't barren either. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, KDB said:

247sports updated their 2021 player rankings.

Duncomb moved up 12 spots to #63. This was a great get for IU.

Yes. I think it is safe to not question our staffs eye for talent. I think they do a great job identifying guys that are on the upswing. Saw the same thing happen with Geronimo last year. I have to admit. I wasn't as enamored by Logan just based off the videos I saw. That said evaluating "bigs" I am not great at. They often look stiff or uncoordinated or uninvolved in the offense (limited) and don't often face equal size/talent at the HS level. This kid has continued to improve and I'm really happy to see the progress.

I’ve noticed you and I almost always like the same players.  But on this one, I have always like Logan.  He’s got a no-nonsense, physical style with a confidence I like.  He will likely be a four year player who will bring a butt kicking attitude to our front court.  

The ranking of 63 is meaningless.  I subscribe to the Bill Parcells planet theory.  There are only a certain number of guys who have that size who can play.  The ranking gurus will rate a lot of chucking combo guards or whatever higher who regularly go 6-19.   It’s hard to find a guy like Logan who will help you win games.  If I cared that much about rankings, I’d add a premium to his ranking accordingly.  

• Like 1