Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

33 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve noticed you and I almost always like the same players.  But on this one, I have always like Logan.  He’s got a no-nonsense, physical style with a confidence I like.  He will likely be a four year player who will bring a butt kicking attitude to our front court.  

The ranking of 63 is meaningless.  I subscribe to the Bill Parcells planet theory.  There are only a certain number of guys who have that size who can play.  The ranking gurus will rate a lot of chucking combo guards or whatever higher who regularly go 6-19.   It’s hard to find a guy like Logan who will help you win games.  If I cared that much about rankings, I’d add a premium to his ranking accordingly.  

I’m a very happy to be wrong On him. I just didn’t see the athleticism and assertiveness in a lot of his tapes...then he goes into AAU and just dominated. Very happy to see it. I’ve always preferred the athletic rim protectors that run the court in the college game....but I will be happy if Logan turns into a mini-Cody Zeller!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve noticed you and I almost always like the same players.  But on this one, I have always like Logan.  He’s got a no-nonsense, physical style with a confidence I like.  He will likely be a four year player who will bring a butt kicking attitude to our front court.  

The ranking of 63 is meaningless.  I subscribe to the Bill Parcells planet theory.  There are only a certain number of guys who have that size who can play.  The ranking gurus will rate a lot of chucking combo guards or whatever higher who regularly go 6-19.   It’s hard to find a guy like Logan who will help you win games.  If I cared that much about rankings, I’d add a premium to his ranking accordingly.  

Only thing i see is that i am worried about his lateral quickness.  Will he have issues being able to move his feet and defend.  

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

yes, you can train lateral quickness.  But big guys have it or they don't.  Davis didn't have it.  Garza doesn't have it.  You can work around your short cumming but nothing wrong with saying its something to worry about.

Oh no. Don't get wrong. Definitely something to be concerned about.  In the end.  Always up to a kid's work ethic. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This just in.  Logan scheduled to play in the 2020 Classic on Dec. 12.

Edit to add. Game against Gary West.  With Jalen Washington from Gary West, who holds an offer from IU.  And last I checked was the #15 ranked player, in the nation.

Schedule I saw had Moeller playing Lawrence North.  Gary West is playing teh host Southport.

12:30 – Perry Meridian v Carmel
2:00 – Franklin Central v. North Central
3:30 – North Harrison v Barr-Reeve
5:00 – Southport v Gary West Side
6:40 – Silver Creek v Ft. Wayne Blackhawk Christian
8:20 – Lawrence North v Cincinnati Moeller

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Schedule I saw had Moeller playing Lawrence North.  Gary West is playing teh host Southport.

12:30 – Perry Meridian v Carmel
2:00 – Franklin Central v. North Central
3:30 – North Harrison v Barr-Reeve
5:00 – Southport v Gary West Side
6:40 – Silver Creek v Ft. Wayne Blackhawk Christian
8:20 – Lawrence North v Cincinnati Moeller

Impressive schedule.  Moeller... a fantastic Ohio football program.  But a very welcome addition to the bb classic.  And Barr-Reeve. Carmel. and others.  Fantastic. There's a guy on Silver Creek... can't think of his name.  But think IU likes him too.   LOL.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i don't know who Caleb Furst is so i don't if you're trying to make me feel stupid or making a point?

Caleb Furst is a Purdue recruit from Fort Wayne who we also recruited. Also in a summer game this year Duncomb and Furst went against each other and Duncomb dominated him.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i don't know who Caleb Furst is so i don't if you're trying to make me feel stupid or making a point?

I'm honestly surprised you hadn't ran across his name earlier.  He got a lot of discussion with Trey Kaufman as a possible duo/either/or when he was an IU recruit.  Turdue still trying to convince Kaufman to be a package deal with Furst, but it's obvious he makes a better package with Duncomb. 😜

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Based on what we saw him do against Furst, that may still be too low.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what I'm thinking as well. He feels like a top 50 kid to me. Oh well. 

I'll third that.  He probably didn't jump more because it's hard for the rating services to admit they missed that badly on a kid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

247's newest rankings have him at 65, so down a couple of spots.  But, his summer game abuse of Furst appears to have been noticed, as Furst dropped 13 spots in the rankings.

2021 Top Basketball Recruits (247sports.com)

A question though.  Did Duncomb not sign his LOI yet?  247 has him as a hard commit, but did not add the checkmark for signing a LOI.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

247's newest rankings have him at 65, so down a couple of spots.  But, his summer game abuse of Furst appears to have been noticed, as Furst dropped 13 spots in the rankings.

2021 Top Basketball Recruits (247sports.com)

A question though.  Did Duncomb not sign his LOI yet?  247 has him as a hard commit, but did not add the checkmark for signing a LOI.

I believe I remember him signing.  

• Like 1