Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

• 2 months later...

This kid is going to be a huge factor for IU. Ā It is so nice to have the starting center spot resolved. Ā Hopefully recruits at the four take notice because he will make their lives easier to showcase their ability. Ā Ā 

Our next recruiting class is really interesting. Ā I do hope we pull in a couple more guys with size. Ā Maybe one who is mobile and versatile and another who is comfortable near the basket and protecting the rim. Ā 

I donā€™t have much of a feel for how recruiting is going there at the big spots.Ā 

Otherwise, weā€™ve got Gunn in ā€˜22Ā and seem to be in the mix for Avery Brown, Karaban, Rice, and Ward....Good chance we can get 3-4 good perimeter players. Ā Imagine the upgrade we would have at guard with say Avery Brown and Rodney Rice at guard. Ā Better skill and physical ability than weā€™ve been used to. Ā 

But we need to get Logan some help inside. Ā But heā€™s a heck of a cornerstone piece. Ā 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Cant wait to get him on campus. Teams better not sleep on this guy. Has the POTENTIAL to be an IU all time favorite

Absolutely. Ā He might be ranked 60th or whatever by some arbitrary and unscientific BS methodology. Ā But if you measure it based on need and scarcity, heā€™s like top 20.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Absolutely. Ā He might be ranked 60th or whatever by some arbitrary and unscientific BS methodology. Ā But if you measure it based on need and scarcity, heā€™s like top 20.

Not saying play wise per sey but I think he can be loved like Haston was. If that makes sense. A tremendous motorĀ 

• Like 3

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Not saying play wise per sey but I think he can be loved like Haston was. If that makes sense. A tremendous motorĀ 

We are on the same page. Ā 

In the rankings, itā€™s hilarious, they will rank some combo guard who is aĀ volume shooter number 35 or whatever. It happens every year. Ā But then you have Logan at 60. Ā The comedy of it is you can walk down the playgrounds of any city and find a 6ā€™4 combo guard who is a gunner any time you want. Ā 

But can you find a nasty, tough, no-nonsense 6ā€™10 skilled big guy anywhere? Ā No. Ā And of the few that do exist, are there enough to go around? No

I rest my case. Ā 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This kid is going to be a huge factor for IU. Ā It is so nice to have the starting center spot resolved. Ā Hopefully recruits at the four take notice because he will make their lives easier to showcase their ability. Ā Ā 

Our next recruiting class is really interesting. Ā I do hope we pull in a couple more guys with size. Ā Maybe one who is mobile and versatile and another who is comfortable near the basket and protecting the rim. Ā 

I donā€™t have much of a feel for how recruiting is going there at the big spots.Ā 

Otherwise, weā€™ve got Gunn in ā€˜21 and seem to be in the mix for Avery Brown, Karaban, Rice, and Ward....Good chance we can get 3-4 good perimeter players. Ā Imagine the upgrade we would have at guard with say Avery Brown and Rodney Rice at guard. Ā Better skill and physical ability than weā€™ve been used to. Ā 

But we need to get Logan some help inside. Ā But heā€™s a heck of a cornerstone piece. Ā 

Did pickup a crystal ball pick for Avery Brown.Ā  He and Gunn are in the 22 class

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We are on the same page. Ā 

In the rankings, itā€™s hilarious, they will rank some combo guard who is aĀ volume shooter number 35 or whatever. It happens every year. Ā But then you have Logan at 60. Ā The comedy of it is you can walk down the playgrounds of any city and find a 6ā€™4 combo guard who is a gunner any time you want. Ā 

But can you find a nasty, tough, no-nonsense 6ā€™10 skilled big guy anywhere? Ā No. Ā And of the few that do exist, are there enough to go around? No

I rest my case. Ā 

Well said and very accurate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Iā€™ll never understand what Trey Kaufman was thinking. He played alongside Duncomb when they dominated Furst and his team

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He watched our offense.Ā 

And Miller tried to sell him on playing like TJD when he was interested in being more of a stretch 4 or possiblyĀ 3. Sounds like a terrible sales pitch that was completely out of sync with what the player wanted.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

And Miller tried to sell him on playing like TJD when he was interested in being more of a stretch 4 or possiblyĀ 3. Sounds like a terrible sales pitch that was completely out of sync with what the player wanted.

Yes.. he botched that recruitment.Ā 

• Like 2

I'm hoping to be surprised by what this young man shows us.Ā  He's not flashy, but he has played in a very strong hs program, a structured program that has won multiple big school state championships.Ā  Nobody is talking much about him or raving about him, but my guess, knowing something about Moeller HS athletics, is that he is going to compete and likely contribute from day one.Ā  And he will be the consummate teammate while he's Hoosier.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm hoping to be surprised by what this young man shows us.Ā  He's not flashy, but he has played in a very strong hs program, a structured program that has won multiple big school state championships.Ā  Nobody is talking much about him or raving about him, but my guess, knowing something about Moeller HS athletics, is that he is going to compete and likely contribute from day one.Ā  And he will be the consummate teammate while he's Hoosier.

Moeller plays in the GLC which is the best competition in Ohio. So, he's very tested on a regular basis. Being from the area, I do hope Indiana maintains ties to Moeller as they continue to be loaded at all levels for basketball.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

When I say Logan played in a structured program, I mean just look at who has coached him.Ā  Carl Kremer has been head coach at Moeller for 30 years.Ā  His coaching record is 601-158 with five Ohio HS state championships.Ā  He's won the GCL, Greater Catholic League, 23 of last 27 years.Ā  This guy KNOWS what he's doing...and he's also the principal of Moeller.Ā  I expect that Duncomb will be sound fundamentally... and understands/appreciates the opportunity to improve under the tutelage of IU's staff.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:28 PM, KDB said:

Logan has been nominated for the McDonald's All-American Game!

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't everyone get nominated for the McD AA game? Like 100's of kids. I think some old gym socks once. j/k Is he going to make the team is the real question correct?Ā šŸ˜

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2