Kinda get the feeling IU has a 2021 target list of (in no order):

1. Lander 

2. Kaufman

3. Wesley

4. Furst

5. Duncomb

6. Trey Patterson

7. Aminu Mohammed

With Luke Goode and Pierce Thomas as "next in line" targets.

I think IU signs 4 in 2021......be nice if all 4 came from this list... :)

Miller doesn't hand out offers like Crean. So the list is a lot smaller than what IU had with Crean.

This. Also good chance we have 5 scholarships to offer with no bigs on the roster outside of Race if TJD is 2 and done. Gonna need multiple bigs from this class since we missed on Garcia. I think we prioritize Furst and Kaufman but Miller can’t afford to not have kids on the back burner. I’d prefer a true center but maybe this kid isn’t done filling out. Kinda reminds me of Zeller with his play around the basket but he is no where near strong enough to help much right away.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

This. Also good chance we have 5 scholarships to offer with no bigs on the roster outside of Race if TJD is 2 and done. Gonna need multiple bigs from this class since we missed on Garcia. I think we prioritize Furst and Kaufman but Miller can’t afford to not have kids on the back burner. I’d prefer a true center but maybe this kid isn’t done filling out. Kinda reminds me of Zeller with his play around the basket but he is no where near strong enough to help much right away.

Not being snarky...Just curious.  I take it that you have seen the Duncomb kid play.  How much?  His height and weight are equal to Furst.  I realize that's not a complete determinant of strength.

Edited by jv1972iu

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Not being snarky...Just curious.  I take it that you have seen the Duncomb kid play.  How much?  His height and weight are equal to Furst.  I realize that's not a complete determinant of strength.

Just watched what is available online. Mostly his Hudl page. He seems to run a little more flat footed and while he is big he doesn't seem to be as athletic as Furst. He just doesn't look as strong physically. Lacks muscle tone...probably carrying more fat then Furst. To me...Furst is easily the better athlete and plays more physical...although Logan has a nice touch around the basket and could develop nicely with a good strength training.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Just watched what is available online. Mostly his Hudl page. He seems to run a little more flat footed and while he is big he doesn't seem to be as athletic as Furst. He just doesn't look as strong physically. Lacks muscle tone...probably carrying more fat then Furst. To me...Furst is easily the better athlete and plays more physical...although Logan has a nice touch around the basket and could develop nicely with a good strength training.

Yeah...Just comparing a couple of photos it looks to me that Furst has a good set of shoulders where as Duncomb's seem a tad small or rounded.  I still think he's be a nice pickup for IU.  Moeller plays a very good schedule and will likely contend for another big school basketball title here in Ohio this season.  Thanks!

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

Any word on why ITH is running a story on this kid? Is he about to pop?

It's usually a tell when certain media guys start running articles. Not sure with ITH. On paper he seems like a perfect kid for us but the 21 kids even if they seem very, very interested....I don't like to start getting excited about them committing until the summer.

46 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

If we land Duncomb, would it enhance our chances with Furst or Kaufman? The addition of Duncomb would likely garuntee neither player would be asked to play the 5 which must be appealing at least to Furst. 

By the article this guy appears to be Archie’s style for big man. Sign me up!

I would say that it could. That way those players know they aren't going to be a 5 and that's apparently what they want. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It's usually a tell when certain media guys start running articles. Not sure with ITH. On paper he seems like a perfect kid for us but the 21 kids even if they seem very, very interested....I don't like to start getting excited about them committing until the summer.

Maybe my memory fails me, but I don't remember them running an article like this mid-season. They also seem to do a good job, though definitely not perfect, of not running announcement primers on guys we miss on. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Maybe my memory fails me, but I don't remember them running an article like this mid-season. They also seem to do a good job, though definitely not perfect, of not running announcement primers on guys we miss on. 

Everyone has their own way of deciphering or reading between the lines. This article could be prophetic but right now I would just take it as a good article showing what the kid is all about and that we appear to be in good shape. Good shape being top 2-3 schools at this stage. 

My go to on recruiting was Marni. When she was still with the program all you needed to do is to see which recruits she was still following on twitter and it was roughly 95% accurate....haha! Day or two before JB Jr commit she started following him again after everyone thought UK. At that time I knew he was staying home.

Regarding Logan....kid is still very, very young for his age. Almost like Thomas Bryant. Good to have coaches in his corner that know and believe in Archie.

• Like 1

My favorite part of that article was hearing the reference to a relentless motor.

If Brian Snow’s theory that Furst and Kaufman don’t want to play together in college is true—and there is still plenty of time for that to change (if it’s even true)—then it’s wise for Archie to try to pair Duncomb with one of them.  It looks like Archie is working pretty hard on Duncomb.  We are all free to interpret that as we wish.  

Archie looks like he wants a big, tough, hard nosed team that will be tough on the boards, play tough D, and run when they can off the D.  It seems to aspire to be reminiscent of how Izzo’s teams were set up when he was in his prime.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rico said:

Love this. HS coach is in his ear about how well he'd fit in CAM's system.

Kremer has seen Archie Miller’s system up close and believes Duncomb can be an asset to it. “I’ve seen Indiana play a lot this year, he fits in perfect with how they run their offense, how they run their break…Logan’s really made for that,” Kremer said. “Logan’s really made for that because he runs great. Of course (Miller) likes big guys who can get out and run, putting pressure on the defense and he’s really good at that.”

“Logan’s got an unbelievable motor - check

plays at an all-out capacity every day he’s on the floor,”  - check 

runs the floor, from offense to defense (and) from defense to offense, hard every single time.” - check

“He goes for every single offensive rebound. He just doesn’t take time off during the game.” - check

“He’s got good feet,” - check

“I wouldn’t have given him the green light to shoot the 3 (last year), but this year he has it and I think as he develops he’s actually going to become a very good shooter.” - check

• Like 6