Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

I think this summer will be interesting.  If some of the 2021 guys are too finicky, I could see Archie pulling the trigger on some of his other options.  I doubt he would want to be left in the lurch like with what happened with Ketchup boy.  I bet we will have a really good idea of our class by Labor Day, with maybe one open spot for the Fall.  Knight was pretty decisive.  If he thought you were wishy washy he was liable to move on unless you were extremely worth the wait.  I won’t be surprised to see Archie take a page out of that book after getting burned before.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Does anyone know if he is still growing/ expected to grow further? I see him listed as a center but also at 6'8".  Be nice to grow anouther couple inches if he is going to be our main interion option after Race graduates.

I think I read somewhere that he’s expected to get to a legit 6’10 but I could be wrong

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

Does anyone know if he is still growing/ expected to grow further? I see him listed as a center but also at 6'8".  Be nice to grow anouther couple inches if he is going to be our main interion option after Race graduates.

Rivals still has him at 6'8. He's now 6'9 and could easily get to 6'10.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Listed at 6'9 235... He'll be 245 before he ever plays a college game. Could be 6'10 245 as a FR.. that's huge. 

That's the thing. I remember Cody putting on what 30+ lbs in his first summer before freshman season? Kid probably doesn't need more weight at those measurements....just moving it around a little. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. I remember Cody putting on what 30+ lbs in his first summer before freshman season? Kid probably doesn't need more weight at those measurements....just moving it around a little. 

Right. The 10lbs will just be natural with the added muscle. 

• Like 1

There has been a flourishing, potential laden big man crushing it in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio for Archbishop Moeller High School all season long. It appears he is on track to become a valuable member of a prominent school’s core when the 2021 NCAA season rolls around. What are the latest developments with Logan Duncomb in regards to his recruiting process, and what kind of talent could he turn out to be?

Logan Duncomb Logan Duncomb Ohio State

Who is Logan Duncomb

Standing at 6’9″ and weighing in at 225 lbs., Logan Duncomb is an athletic, bruising center. According to 247sports.com he is currently the 80th ranked player nationally, 14th ranked center, and 3rd ranked player for the 2021 class from the state of Ohio. Duncomb has been making waves at Archbishop Moeller high, dominating in all the areas a traditional big man should.

A 4-star blue-chip recruit, Logan runs the floor well, is a solid passer for a front court player, and plays tenacious defense. He is extraordinarily skilled on the block with his back to the basket on the offensive end of the floor. Think a pint-size version of Rik Smits or Arvydas Sabonis. Duncomb’s mid-range jump shot is still developing, but he does have that in his arsenal to use occasionally.

What does Logan Duncomb have to offer?

For a center, he exhibits an innate amount of hustle and aggressiveness chasing down loose balls and creating deflections. Logan Duncomb is a hard-nosed, rough-neck force on the court when he needs to be. He fears no man out on the floor and has been known to set cringe-worthy picks that send defenders crashing to the floor.

Logan Duncomb Offers

He is currently considering a variety of high-profile DI programs. All of Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Indiana, Ohio State, Iowa, and Xavier are schools that interest him. Duncomb has received scholarship offers from each of those colleges, as well as Miami (OH) and Winthrop.

One of the best players in the state of Ohio for the class of 2021, Logan Duncomb is still relatively early in the recruitment process. He currently has only visited two colleges. Those two consist of Wisconsin and Indiana (both in late September of last year). The visit to Indiana was unofficial, however, while Wisconsin was an official visit.

2018-2019 Sophomore Highlights

Logan Duncomb Crystal Ball

Based on a recent report from Tom Kakart of Hawkeye Report, my crystal ball projects Logan Duncomb to wind up signing on the dotted line to become an Iowa Hawkeye. It could happen quickly, as soon as the early period begins this fall if both parties are on the same page. If his comments following an early-season game last year are any indication, the likelihood of him committing to Iowa is a foregone conclusion.

“I consider myself a big Iowa fan.” he said. “I watching Iowa basketball growing up with my dad. The coaches were in touch with my coach for a while, so that’s how they first started. ” Duncomb said.”He (Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery) called me up and said that he liked what he saw from me and had also been watching film of me and mentioned how I had improved. He said my style fits the play of his program and offered me a scholarship. I was very thankful for the offer.”

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for the dynamic prospect. He is a talented and exciting player that will inevitably start popping up on other school’s radars. One thing’s for sure, Logan Duncomb is a star on the rise.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

There has been a flourishing, potential laden big man crushing it in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio for Archbishop Moeller High School all season long. It appears he is on track to become a valuable member of a prominent school’s core when the 2021 NCAA season rolls around. What are the latest developments with Logan Duncomb in regards to his recruiting process, and what kind of talent could he turn out to be?

Logan Duncomb Logan Duncomb Ohio State

Who is Logan Duncomb

Standing at 6’9″ and weighing in at 225 lbs., Logan Duncomb is an athletic, bruising center. According to 247sports.com he is currently the 80th ranked player nationally, 14th ranked center, and 3rd ranked player for the 2021 class from the state of Ohio. Duncomb has been making waves at Archbishop Moeller high, dominating in all the areas a traditional big man should.

A 4-star blue-chip recruit, Logan runs the floor well, is a solid passer for a front court player, and plays tenacious defense. He is extraordinarily skilled on the block with his back to the basket on the offensive end of the floor. Think a pint-size version of Rik Smits or Arvydas Sabonis. Duncomb’s mid-range jump shot is still developing, but he does have that in his arsenal to use occasionally.

What does Logan Duncomb have to offer?

For a center, he exhibits an innate amount of hustle and aggressiveness chasing down loose balls and creating deflections. Logan Duncomb is a hard-nosed, rough-neck force on the court when he needs to be. He fears no man out on the floor and has been known to set cringe-worthy picks that send defenders crashing to the floor.

Logan Duncomb Offers

He is currently considering a variety of high-profile DI programs. All of Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Indiana, Ohio State, Iowa, and Xavier are schools that interest him. Duncomb has received scholarship offers from each of those colleges, as well as Miami (OH) and Winthrop.

One of the best players in the state of Ohio for the class of 2021, Logan Duncomb is still relatively early in the recruitment process. He currently has only visited two colleges. Those two consist of Wisconsin and Indiana (both in late September of last year). The visit to Indiana was unofficial, however, while Wisconsin was an official visit.

2018-2019 Sophomore Highlights

Logan Duncomb Crystal Ball

Based on a recent report from Tom Kakart of Hawkeye Report, my crystal ball projects Logan Duncomb to wind up signing on the dotted line to become an Iowa Hawkeye. It could happen quickly, as soon as the early period begins this fall if both parties are on the same page. If his comments following an early-season game last year are any indication, the likelihood of him committing to Iowa is a foregone conclusion.

“I consider myself a big Iowa fan.” he said. “I watching Iowa basketball growing up with my dad. The coaches were in touch with my coach for a while, so that’s how they first started. ” Duncomb said.”He (Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery) called me up and said that he liked what he saw from me and had also been watching film of me and mentioned how I had improved. He said my style fits the play of his program and offered me a scholarship. I was very thankful for the offer.”

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for the dynamic prospect. He is a talented and exciting player that will inevitably start popping up on other school’s radars. One thing’s for sure, Logan Duncomb is a star on the rise.

So he hasn't taken a visit to Iowa but the Iowa insider thinks he is going there? Sure...he might...but I think its a bit early to presume that lol.

• Like 1