Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

43 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You posted this going on midnight Indiana time.Ā  Just to give us the news.Ā  Wow.

TDH, you have to be the hardest working guy in sports journalism.Ā 

Many thanks for all you bring to the board.Ā 

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Madison22 said:

You posted this going on midnight Indiana time.Ā  Just to give us the news.Ā  Wow.

TDH, you have to be the hardest working guy in sports journalism.Ā 

Many thanks for all you bring to the board.Ā 

Agree.Ā  And think of this. TDH shares all of this with us on HSN..... FREE OF CHARGE. Unlike some other respected IU media types. TDH does not put his stuff behind a PAYWALL !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

So he grew up an Iowa fan and is from Ohio. I love Archie making the offer but seems uphill. Guess Ohio is just as loaded with high school talent as Indiana is in 2021 class. Plenty to go around for all!

Watching the video of his sophomore highlights on TDH's article, I think he would be a good fit at Iowa. Looks like someĀ of their players over the past few seasons. I trust in Archie, but I'm not excited about this offer (yet having only seen one video) with Kaufman and Furst still available.Ā 

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So he grew up an Iowa fan and is from Ohio. I love Archie making the offer but seems uphill. Guess Ohio is just as loaded with high school talent as Indiana is in 2021 class. Plenty to go around for all!

Coach Knight did alright with Ohio kids.Ā šŸ˜

Edited by dgambill

Kid is a gamer.Ā  I live in the area and have seen him play.Ā  He may not be the most athletic or fastest player, but he will work his ass off.Ā  He will go through anyone in his way to get a rebound.Ā  He hadĀ really good footwork when I saw him as a sophomore last year andĀ has the body to really add muscle.Ā  He is 100% in the mold of adding guys that bring toughness to the team that CAM is looking for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

From the clips, you can see he can play with his back to the basket. Ā At this stage, he can turn either right or left, pretty well. Ā Thatā€™s important and not universal as a lot of guys can only go right. Ā Itā€™s going to be a lot harder when you are playing tough guys your own size all the time, but the ability to use both hands and turn both ways bodes well for him IMO.

And I agree with the comment above about his frame. Ā Big shoulders and broad chest. Ā He can be a big, strong post player. Ā He looks physically like Chris Lawson to me.Ā 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, JugRox said:

3 team battle right now..... Xavier, Indiana, and Wisconsin......with Xavier being the leader

Also plays AAU with Kaufman.....

Thanks for info on Kaufman. Didn't realize that. Always tells or whatever you want to call them in recruiting but appears to me Archie is zeroing in on a couple of kids. Probably means the kids from Fort Wayne aren't the priority. Does anyone agree that's fair at this point to say? Or no?

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for info on Kaufman. Didn't realize that. Always tells or whatever you want to call them in recruiting but appears to me Archie is zeroing in on a couple of kids. Probably means the kids from Fort Wayne aren't the priority. Does anyone agree that's fair at this point to say? Or no?

Gonna need multiple bigs

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kinda get the feeling IU has a 2021 target list of (in no order):

1. LanderĀ 

2. Kaufman

3. Wesley

4. Furst

5. Duncomb

6. Trey Patterson

7. Aminu Mohammed

With Luke Goode and Pierce Thomas as "next in line" targets.

I think IU signs 4 in 2021......be nice if all 4 came from this list... :)

Miller doesn't hand out offers like Crean. So the list is a lot smaller than what IU had with Crean.

Edited by JugRox
  • Like 6