Logan Duncomb (2021) commits to IU!

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I think one of them may have been something like Delta Iota Chi (dix). There was one similar to yours that had to do with drinking/kegs. There was another that they had for the girls in our group of friends. I'm trying to remember what they were, they were kind of humorous in sophomoric way.

We spent a lot of time mocking the frats. A group of us lived in 3 houses in a row right across the street from one and didn't really get along with them. One time, someone going to the frat across the street parked in front of my driveway when a bunch of us were sitting on the porch drinking. After a few minutes when they didn't come back, we picked up the car (a compact of some sort, IIRC) and put in the middle of the street. Then we called the cops to have it towed since it was obviously a hazard. Good times. 

Not all of the guys were bad, but some were just very entitled rich guys who thought they were very cool...they were very not. Not your typical frat bro stereotype (at least in my house), but huge dorks who had money and no friends outside of the house. And most of those "friends" probably wouldn't be seen with them if they were not in the house. These guys were usually legacy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I never knew we were in the same “frat”.

I have little doubt that Logan’s fight was the result of some guys having mullet envy.

3 game suspensions are frequently due to “getting high”  (like Devonte’s). If it was indeed a fight you would think that would be acknowledged rather than having people assume it was pot.

Pretty sure they aren't going to say anything unless there's a public record (arrest). Sherron Wilkerson had his share of "run-ins" while at IU, both with players and others. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

Pretty sure they aren't going to say anything unless there's a public record (arrest). 

I agree that they would not say anything officially but things can come out if they want and/or I would guess Logan could say something.

That being said, the reason for Devontes suspension was also kept quiet. I didn’t know what happened for sure until I heard an interview with Morgan after the season was over.

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

Not all of the guys were bad, but some were just very entitled rich guys who thought they were very cool...they were very not. Not your typical frat bro stereotype (at least in my house), but huge dorks who had money and no friends outside of the house. And most of those "friends" probably wouldn't be seen with them if they were not in the house. These guys were usually legacy. 

Oh, I know it's not all of them. We did have some friends in our group that ended up joining houses and we even went to some parties there. Some people were worse than others and some houses were worse than others. Most of the real DBs seemed to congregate to the same houses. Also, I don't really know what the Greek system is like at IU, I attended the other B1G school in the northern part of the state. Maybe the Greeks at IU weren't as annoying/obnoxious as most there were.

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Oh, I know it's not all of them. We did have some friends in our group that ended up joining houses and we even went to some parties there. Some people were worse than others and some houses were worse than others. Most of the real DBs seemed to congregate to the same houses. Also, I don't really know what the Greek system is like at IU, I attended the other B1G school in the northern part of the state. Maybe the Greeks at IU weren't as annoying/obnoxious as most there were.

You are known as go_iu_bb but went to PU?
How did that happen?

Just now, IU878176 said:

You are known as go_iu_bb but went to PU?
How did that happen?

Grew up in Bloomington as an IU fan and even took some classes there in HS. Went to Purdue for Engineering as I couldn't afford the out of state tuition to attend Arizona and didn't really want to go to Rose for multiple reasons. So I was there as an open IU fan and my friends were mostly from West Lafayette and Lafayette so they were die hard Purdue fans. It really sucked any time IU lost to Purdue but it was awesome when it went the other way.

I could've attended IU (I was accepted) but it was my last choice. Besides the obvious issue with not having my preferred major, I just wanted to get away from home and experience something different.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I think one of them may have been something like Delta Iota Chi (dix). There was one similar to yours that had to do with drinking/kegs. There was another that they had for the girls in our group of friends. I'm trying to remember what they were, they were kind of humorous in sophomoric way.

We spent a lot of time mocking the frats. A group of us lived in 3 houses in a row right across the street from one and didn't really get along with them. One time, someone going to the frat across the street parked in front of my driveway when a bunch of us were sitting on the porch drinking. After a few minutes when they didn't come back, we picked up the car (a compact of some sort, IIRC) and put in the middle of the street. Then we called the cops to have it towed since it was obviously a hazard. Good times. 

I may or may not have watched Bob Deaton OL from Mich St, beat up a whole frat one night. All my roommates were from Martinsville and Bob and Ryan Wolf came down for a weekend 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

I agree that they would not say anything officially but things can come out if they want and/or I would guess Logan could say something.

That being said, the reason for Devontes suspension was also kept quiet. I didn’t know what happened for sure until I heard an interview with Morgan after the season was over.

What did Morgan say?

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Grew up in Bloomington as an IU fan and even took some classes there in HS. Went to Purdue for Engineering as I couldn't afford the out of state tuition to attend Arizona and didn't really want to go to Rose for multiple reasons. So I was there as an open IU fan and my friends were mostly from West Lafayette and Lafayette so they were die hard Purdue fans. It really sucked any time IU lost to Purdue but it was awesome when it went the other way.

I could've attended IU (I was accepted) but it was my last choice. Besides the obvious issue with not having my preferred major, I just wanted to get away from home and experience something different.

You could have gone the route I did and attend Tri-State (now Trine) in Angola 

No way I was going to that other school!

Still, glad you are here!!

• Like 1

Got to jump in on the frat hazing! The school I went to, my freshman year was the first year in school history they had a girls dorm!😩 The only social life was the frats! Some were better some were worse, but they all had good parties!

Ran the Coin and Slot one year because I was old enough to buy! Wonder how much trouble I could have gotten in for serving minors every weekend? Probably would still be in prison!!🧐

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I had court side tix for Sherrin vs Harris

My dad took me to open gyms on Saturday in Jasper. Got to play with Michael Lewis, Harris and Faruk.

My dad worked for Matt Maucks dad's company and I spent some time with Scott Rolen. 

Damn, Jasper produced alot of Atheletes in the 90's. 

Also played against Jay Cutler and Curtis Painter. 

• Like 1

I was in a fraternity in college in Evansville while going to USI. We were just a bunch of country people raising hell and teaching the city folk members how to do it. 

I may have or may not have got us kicked out of our annual charity event by using handicap scooters as bumper cars and race cars. 

And I definitely did not lean out of the passenger side of a truck slamming carts at 30 mph into Wal-Mart light poles. 

Oh, yeah, that happened.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was in a fraternity in college in Evansville while going to USI. We were just a bunch of country people raising hell and teaching the city folk members how to do it. 

I may have or may not have got us kicked out of our annual charity event by using handicap scooters as bumper cars and race cars. 

And I definitely did not lean out of the passenger side of a truck slamming carts at 30 mph into Wal-Mart light poles. 

Oh, yeah, that happened.  

College kids do so many stupid things, myself included. I love hearing the stories.

This thread has been so detailed. I hope Logan win his fight but it's too bad he wasn't available for some of the games that he was sure to have seen some PT.

7 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

What did Morgan say?

Morgan did a long podcast interview in 2019 with the Hoosier Hysterics. They brought up Devontes suspension and Morgan said Devonte had come to his apartment and told him he was going to fail a test the next day. Morgan said it was mid-terms so he thought Devonte was talking about an academic test so he told him  he couldn’t help him and that he should reach out to their academic advisor. Devonte replied that it wasn’t that kind of test and that Timmy G (Garl) said he had to come in for a random test the next day and Devonte told Morgan knew he would fail. Morgan told Devonte to “get ahead of it” and come clean with Garl and the staff prior to the test.

I was surprised that Morgan went into that detail but I guess he just assumed everyone knew what had happened.  Morgan said he felt let down by Devonte but he seemed to like him and all the guys.  He said the rumors about issues with Romeo and the team not getting along were false and that Romeo was a good guy. Morgan speculated that Jerome and Damezi would surprise a lot of people the following season but, to say the least, that obviously did not happen. It was an interesting  interview and Morgan sounded like a good dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, Billingsley99 said:

I may or may not have watched Bob Deaton OL from Mich St, beat up a whole frat one night. All my roommates were from Martinsville and Bob and Ryan Wolf came down for a weekend 

I lived in Madison, Wisconsin during the heyday of Badger hockey. Had several friends who were substantial donors who spent frequent weekend nights bailing players out of jail who had had too many and decided to pound on some smart aleck kids. Chris Chelios was a regular visitor to the pokey 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...