Work Quotes and other offcolor quotes

Drroogh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You were specifically one I thought of.  I know Father Firmus was a well-known priest in the '80's.  not sure how long before or after, but his name was giggled over many times 20-some years ago.  As I understand it, good priest and a nice guy.  Here's his obit (specifically mentions Vincennes)...I misspelled his name earlier...

https://obits.courierpress.com/obituaries/courierpress/obituary.aspx?n=firmus-dick&pid=138630772

Ahhh, this explains it.  Was in Vincennes 1977-1983, meaning I would have been 2-3 years old.  And I can't recall ever attending mass at St. Johns.  On the rare occasions we went to mass in Vincennes, it was generally at the Old Cathedral. 

And I use Vincennes as a general descriptor.  My dad did own a business there for 30+ years, but we lived just over the border on the IL side of the river. 

23 minutes ago, rico said:

This thread title is deceiving...

But anyway no sexual connotation here, but I went to school with a Tom Thomas.  His legal name was Thomas Lee Thomas...we affectionately called him Tom Squared...

I used to work with a guy named Pete Pan. 

(think about it......)

49 minutes ago, rico said:

But anyway no sexual connotation here, but I went to school with a Tom Thomas.  His legal name was Thomas Lee Thomas...we affectionately called him Tom Squared...

High school buddy toby Kelley married Kelly James and she became Kelly Kelley 

3 hours ago, rico said:

Now that we have a serious case of scope creep!😂 What would you like it titled? 

• Drroogh changed the title to Work Quotes and other good quotes!
  • Drroogh changed the title to Work Quotes and Rico
  • Drroogh changed the title to Work Quotes and other offcolor quotes
30 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So my boss who is primarily responsible for the start of this thread, just commented today about the stiffness of some inferior product in the plant. " like a butter knife in a mayonnaise jar"

I don't get it...now I feel like I am using a fork to eat tomato soup.

9 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So my boss who is primarily responsible for the start of this thread, just commented today about the stiffness of some inferior product in the plant. " like a butter knife in a mayonnaise jar"

My high school coach once got in my face and yelled, "they are going through our defense like jello through a glass" 28 years since he said it and I still have no idea why he was mad. I took as a compliment

We used to run a 3 on 3 tournament as a fundraiser.  A team of 3 older guys had an entry and it was not until after they were eliminated and I was about to announce their 3rd place finish that their name hit me. I could not believe that no one caught it as we filled out brackets. I was young and naive.

SOFA KING GOOD

2 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Harry Butts - real name of a local.  What were his parents thinking?

Growing up in a small town in northern Indiana, local town cop's given name was Orange.  Had a brother named Peach.  I'm not lyin'.

My great grandpa was named Birchie he had several brothers names were Oaky, Perry, Hickory, Ash and a sister Roxy. 

Archived