Do you crock pot ?

milehiiu

Don't do it often. Doing it tonight for a pork chop dish, Mrs. mile found on the internet.

70+ Best Slow Cooker Recipes 2019 - Easy Crock Pot Meal Ideas

Have done Pazole in the Crock Pot.

Slow-Cooker Posole Recipe - Allrecipes.com

And when we both were working, would put a whole chicken in, in the morning for dinner at night.

HSN.  Any favorite crock pot dishes ?? 

Swiss steak

Back in the day, Martinsville had a little ice cream joint on the outskirts of town called Spring Lake Dairy Boat that had amazing Swiss Steak sandwiches. Christ, we could be in Paragon and the old man would say, "Hey, we're close to that dairy boat place, let's go get a sandwich!"

Found this recipe a year ago, and we love it. Good with mashed potatoes.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Swiss steak

Back in the day, Martinsville had a little ice cream joint on the outskirts of town called Spring Lake Dairy Boat that had amazing Swiss Steak sandwiches. Christ, we could be in Paragon and the old man would say, "Hey, we're close to that dairy boat place, let's go get a sandwich!"

Found this recipe a year ago, and we love it. Good with mashed potatoes.

The dish Mrs. mile turned out great. And we did it with mashed potatoes.

Gonna try your dish FLA.  Looks great.

And Zline.  I may live in Colorado. Not everything centers around pot.  But I will say. My son who was born in Colorado. Has a T-Shirt that says... "I was born high" LOL.

Love you guys. 

Weekly. Make clarified butter about once a week.  Crock pot carnitas and pineapple salsa chicken are favorites. 

Since its summer, and I would rather eat cold food, been making a lot of chicken salad. I've found chicken breast for this purpose ends up more tender and juicy when done in the crock pot. 

Also use instant pot too.

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Weekly. Make clarified butter about once a week.  Crock pot carnitas and pineapple salsa chicken are favorites. 

Since its summer, and I would rather eat cold food, been making a lot of chicken salad. I've found chicken breast for this purpose ends up more tender and juicy when done in the crock pot. 

Also use instant pot too.

Clarified butter in the crock pot. That is an awesome idea. Never heard that until now, but makes total sense.

I know a lot of folks on here grew up in Indiana, so here's an Indiana staple...Beef and noodles. Never seen it anywhere else, but my Mom made it on a regular basis when I was a kid...I made up this crock pot recipe a few years back...easy-peasy

The Crock-Pot method.

32 oz of beef broth 

2-3 lb chuck roast 

24 oz bag if Reames frozen egg noodles

Put the roast in the crock pot and cover it with the beef broth

Cook low for 7 hours 

Shred the roast 

Dump the Reames noodles in and cook on low for an additional 90 minutes

Best over mashed potatoes (starch city, baby)

20190809_084744.jpg

Attach13264_20181101_194702.jpg

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I know a lot of folks on here grew up in Indiana, so here's an Indiana staple...Beef and noodles. Never seen it anywhere else, but my Mom made it on a regular basis when I was a kid...I made up this crock pot recipe a few years back...easy-peasy

The Crock-Pot method.

32 oz of beef broth 

2-3 lb chuck roast 

24 oz bag if Reames frozen egg noodles

Put the roast in the crock pot and cover it with the beef broth

Cook low for 7 hours 

Shred the roast 

Dump the Reames noodles in and cook on low for an additional 90 minutes

Best over mashed potatoes (starch city, baby)

20190809_084744.jpg

Attach13264_20181101_194702.jpg

My mom made beef and noodles all the time. And I loved it. I did not realize it was an Indiana dish.  And that was before she had a crock pot.  In fact, when we moved her and dad to Colorado, she would make Beef and Noodles for us.  In the crock pot.  I have completely forgotten about the dish.  However, thanks to you, will be making it, the first Fall Day.

Thanks !

As for the noodles. Try some Amish noodles some time.  Not all stores, but some carry them in Colorado.  Picked some up, just yesterday at Sprouts.

Amish Wedding Foods Wide Noodles 16 Ounce Bags No Preservatives 

7 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Gotta do homemade noodles. Same process as making biscuit dough more or less, except roll it out a little thinner, cut into strips and boil.

My Mom use to make the noodles from scratch, and they were better. But I just don't have the time.

The Reames noodles are really good. Soak up the broth and have a nice texture...

But they aren't Mom's noodles...

Archived