Sampson gets one....

32 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep.  That's a problem.  Indiana is and always has been chock full of basketball talent.  When's the last time a big time college HC snagged a talent out of South Dakota ?

I rest my case.

Thanks for the intel. 

I think that Mike Miller was from one of the Dakota's and played at Florida and in the NBA for years.

Mike Miller 1st round draft pick of Orlando Magic, out of University of Florida, is from South Dakota.

Other notables:

- Colton Iverson 

- Jacob Jaacks

- Joe Krabbenhoft 

- Eric Piatkowski 

- Jared Reiner

- Jon Sundvold 

- and our favorite ex- head coach, Tim Miles 

Not Indiana for sure. But not some barren outpost either.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think that Mike Miller was from one of the Dakota's and played at Florida and in the NBA for years.

Played for the Denver Nuggets. 

As for listing players from South Dakota.  Let's list kids from Indiana. To prove my point.  And this is not directed at you Scott.  You came up with a great example. 

Not sure what you want bud. I responded to your comment, which was unfounded. Not unusual for you to make either a comment you haven’t researched, or one that is blatantly wrong... happened before.

Glad to list a bunch of Indiana kids, but that wouldn’t have been a response to your statement and wouldn’t have made sense.

Thanks for calling me out though, in a not so subtle passive aggressive way. 

Awaiting your spin to make you look like the great guy you are 

Again, not sure what your point is.

You made the statements about when a big time HC snagged a talent from S Dak.Going so far as to “rest your case.”

No one was refuting that Indiana puts out a lot more elite talent. I listed kids who did play major college basketball and were from S Dakota. It was obvious, that as is the course with you, that you made a flippant comment with nothing to support your stance. 

And as usual you try to change the narrative to make you look superior. The conversation was not about kids from Indiana. It was to clear up the misconception you rested your case on

And I pointed out that Indiana produces a great more amount of prep BB talent than a state like South Dakota. Hence why Coach Sampson would want to poach Indiana for talent, rather than South Dakota.... or even Montana, where he once coached, and if I recall correctly even has a BB court named after him.

2 hours ago, UweBlabermouth said:

So the list said people born in Indiana which accounts for the omission of Oscar Robertson. I think he should be included - brings the list to 99!

You. ARE correct.  Major omission. And thank you  for pointing that out. Oscar, out of Crispus Attucks. So many  Indiana greats, that even the great "Big O" gets left off the list Preposterous.  And thanks for pointing that out. List grows to 99.  I dare those that want to compare South Dakota to Indiana, in terms of great BB players to come out of each state. Research.  Thanks Blabermouth .

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

And I pointed out that Indiana produces a great more amount of prep BB talent than a state like South Dakota. Hence why Coach Sampson would want to poach Indiana for talent, rather than South Dakota.... or even Montana, where he once coached, and if I recall correctly even has a BB court named after him.

After thoroughly going over the list, i find it odd that it doesn’t list Michael Warren who played under John Wooden and along side lew Alcindor. Consensus all American 2 time Indiana all state player back in the mid 60’s.   https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwjJ2rabrPLjAhUMLs0KHTpzDPYQmhMIOTAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.m.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMichael_Warren_(actor)&usg=AOvVaw1UQx2YR0Cbh7i7PdOxFZZ6

4 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

After thoroughly going over the list, i find it odd that it doesn’t list Michael Warren who played under John Wooden and along side lew Alcindor. Consensus all American 2 time Indiana all state player back in the mid 60’s.   https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwjJ2rabrPLjAhUMLs0KHTpzDPYQmhMIOTAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.m.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMichael_Warren_(actor)&usg=AOvVaw1UQx2YR0Cbh7i7PdOxFZZ6

Born the same year as me.  Member of Indiana basketball hall of fame.  Went to UCLA when they were dominant.  That takes the list to 100.  100 for IU,  vs 11 from South Dakota.  Thanks for your contribution.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Born the same year as me.  Member of Indiana basketball hall of fame.  Went to UCLA when they were dominant.  That takes the list to 100.  100 for IU,  vs 11 from South Dakota.  Thanks for your contribution.

If you remember, he was drafted by the SuperSonics and never went to camp, decided to give up basketball to become an actor. 

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mike Miller 1st round draft pick of Orlando Magic, out of University of Florida, is from South Dakota.

Other notables:

- Colton Iverson 

- Jacob Jaacks

- Joe Krabbenhoft 

- Eric Piatkowski 

- Jared Reiner

- Jon Sundvold 

Not necessarily impressive. 

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure what you want bud. I responded to your comment, which was unfounded. Not unusual for you to make either a comment you haven’t researched, or one that is blatantly wrong... happened before.

Glad to list a bunch of Indiana kids, but that wouldn’t have been a response to your statement and wouldn’t have made sense.

Thanks for calling me out though, in a not so subtle passive aggressive way. 

Awaiting your spin to make you look like the great guy you are 

who was this a response to

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Other notables:

- Colton Iverson 

- Jacob Jaacks

- Joe Krabbenhoft 

- Eric Piatkowski 

- Jared Reiner

- Jon Sundvold 

But it was indeed a barren outpost when Lt John Dunbar was assigned there. And would have been extremely lonely for him until he stumbled onto Stands With a Fist........

35 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

But it was indeed a barren outpost when Lt John Dunbar was assigned there. And would have been extremely lonely for him until he stumbled onto Stands With a Fist........

And Kelvin Sampson is from American Indian decent.  Lumbee.  From North Carolina

1 hour ago, Rev_AK said:

Don’t forget about 2 socks..the wolf..they found each other first before Stands with a fist

Anyone here ever been to Houston in the summer time? I have.  The heat and humidity is horrible. Best of luck to Kiyron.  Just get out of Dodge ( Houston) for the summer months, Kiyron. It's really the humidity that is the killer.  So close to the Gulf.

For instance.  I just checked.  Temps at or above 100 for the next five days.  And the overnight low for this coming Monday is expected to be 100 !

Archived