PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

Any golfers here? Admittedly have played all my life and watch the tour weekly. Slow play has been gaining tons of criticism (as it should) in recent years. Here's an example of if the PGA is going to have rules....why not enforce? Sad part is Bryson isn't even the worse. J.B. Holmes makes a tortoise look fast.

https://www.si.com/golf/2019/08/09/bryson-dechambeau-slow-play-northern-trust-liberty-national

Just now, KDB said:

Tiger -5 today, -7 for the tournament. Still a chance to go to East Lake.

Will need I think a 65 tomorrow to do it. No winds. Greens are soft. Guys are shooting 66 like it's no problem. He's going to need go pretty low. I'm ticked that I chose Justin Thomas in my pool last week and he went 1-22 from 12 feet....this week he's over a 50% clip from same distance. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Will need I think a 65 tomorrow to do it. No winds. Greens are soft. Guys are shooting 66 like it's no problem. He's going to need go pretty low. I'm ticked that I chose Justin Thomas in my pool last week and he went 1-22 from 12 feet....this week he's over a 50% clip from same distance. 

Yeah, hoping for the best tomorrow with Tiger. Regardless of what happens it was a fun round to watch today. First bogey free round since the third round of the BMW last year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, KDB said:

Anyone watch Tiger last night? He was Ridiculous.

-6 1st round and tied for the lead with Woodland after three consecutive bogeys to start his round.

7:40 PM Tee Time tonight.. Playing in Japan.

Followed TigerTracker most of the day. Pretty unreal actually.....Tiger usually doesn't save a round to that level. He saves it to E or -1 but to get to -6?? Draining putts all over.

58 minutes ago, rico said:

You into fantasy golf?

Not fantasy but a pickem league we start in January. Pick one golfer can't use same person twice over course of season. We do high score for year, high score majors combined, and a few other little payouts. One of the most difficult pools of each year I'm in because the difference between success and 8th place is about 1 7 footer each day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not fantasy but a pickem league we start in January. Pick one golfer can't use same person twice over course of season. We do high score for year, high score majors combined, and a few other little payouts. One of the most difficult pools of each year I'm in because the difference between success and 8th place is about 1 7 footer each day.

My cousin is in something like that.  He says that it is the funnest one of all the "leagues" he is in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
37 minutes ago, KDB said:

2019 Masters Final Round on CBS right now.. Fun to watch again.

Been watching since it started airing. Can't wait to see what the ratings do for this replay. Strange or irony......if no corona today's final Masters round would have been delayed or postponed given the weather in the South. 

• Like 1