PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

Not sure if this is against board rules or not please delete if it is. WISH TV in Indy runs a special each year for golf courses in Central Indiana. 14 rounds at 14 different golf courses for $100. Assuming you have to pay for cart,etc....but still one of the best deals for golfers going.

https://www.wishtv.com/join-the-gr8-golf-club-today/

I live on a golf course and it was busier during the lockdown then before it officially opened! Joggers, skateboarders, dog walkers, bikers were all using the cart path all while people were enjoying their free golf. I'll confess to going out and golfing a 4 hole circuit behind my house on the warmer days after dinner.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I live on a golf course and it was busier during the lockdown then before it officially opened! Joggers, skateboarders, dog walkers, bikers were all using the cart path all while people were enjoying their free golf. I'll confess to going out and golfing a 4 hole circuit behind my house on the warmer days after dinner.  

I've had a handful of rounds so far. All by myself. This weekend is first time with others. Weather looks to be perfect!

• 1 month later...

Not sure how many golf fans we have on here. I'm a Tiger guy first but I've started trying to figure out which up and coming guy is going to be my guy when Big Cat hangs it up. Right now Xander or Ancer are 2 of my favorites from the young crowd. 

On another note. Tour is so strong and tough these days. Literally 30-40 guys can win each week. Shoot Jordan Spieth hasn't won since 2017.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure how many golf fans we have on here. I'm a Tiger guy first but I've started trying to figure out which up and coming guy is going to be my guy when Big Cat hangs it up. Right now Xander or Ancer are 2 of my favorites from the young crowd. 

On another note. Tour is so strong and tough these days. Literally 30-40 guys can win each week. Shoot Jordan Spieth hasn't won since 2017.

Yeah, I thought Spieth was the next big time player headed to greatness.  He's really struggled mostly since his collapse at #12 at Augusta in 2016.  He managed to pull off his win at The Open in 2017, but only with some miracle shots.  His inconsistency off the tee has haunted him for the last three years.

• Like 1

Just now, RoadToZion said:

I'm actually okay with this one. A Ryder Cup without fans is pointless. They are what make the Ryder Cup so much fun and intense. 

I agree I want the fans there but I guess my point/question is this. Did they cancel because they believe the 40k fans that attend will all herd up on 1-2 holes? Because if 40k fans can't be on a golf course at the end of September....how in the world will anyone be at any football games by Labor Day?

2 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Trust me, I feel you on that one. I had tickets to the Ryder Cup. It's ridiculous IMO. 

Edit: I was saying in my earlier post that I'm okay pushing it back to 2021 IF fans weren't allowed. I'd rather not watch the Ryder Cup without fans.

I am with you.  Love the fans' reactions to shots/putts.   USA, USA, USA...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Trust me, I feel you on that one. I had tickets to the Ryder Cup. It's ridiculous IMO. 

Edit: I was saying in my earlier post that I'm okay pushing it back to 2021 IF fans weren't allowed. I'd rather not watch the Ryder Cup without fans.

Same. Have a group of 8 us that were planning a trip too. Purely on a selfish point of view my seeing Tiger in person clock is ticking. Have/had tickets to BMW in Chicago, Ryder Cup,etc....not this year I guess.

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Who gets Jimmie Johnson for the next couple of weeks?  

Thought this might happen. Jimmie Johnson cleared to race this week. 2 negative tests since he tested positive and cleared by physician. Can't wait to see how this one plays out....and not just in Nascar.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought this might happen. Jimmie Johnson cleared to race this week. 2 negative tests since he tested positive and cleared by physician. Can't wait to see how this one plays out....and not just in Nascar.

Based on the timing of everything, Jimmie Johnson was not infected for the 14 days we keep hearing about.  He passed a Covid test in order to race at Pocono.  Seven days later (presumably), he fails a test and has to sit out at Indy.  And, now, in the course of 4-5 days after that he passes not one, but two tests,  So, in less than 14 days, he's tested at least 4 times.  Passed 3, failed 1.  

Either one or more of the tests is not accurate, or he kicked this virus's butt in just a handful of days.  Certainly did not take him 14 days if, in fact, he actually had the virus.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Based on the timing of everything, Jimmie Johnson was not infected for the 14 days we keep hearing about.  He passed a Covid test in order to race at Pocono.  Seven days later (presumably), he fails a test and has to sit out at Indy.  And, now, in the course of 4-5 days after that he passes not one, but two tests,  So, in less than 14 days, he's tested at least 4 times.  Passed 3, failed 1.  

Either one or more of the tests is not accurate, or he kicked this virus's butt in just a handful of days.  Certainly did not take him 14 days if, in fact, he actually had the virus.

Yep. And depending on which side of the coin you fall in every single scenario is in play. Poor testing...which I doubt JJ has access to poor testing. Or the other side he's so healthy (he does ironman competitions) that he beat the virus quickly. Or the other other side....maybe the virus just isn't deadly in certain age ranges and you can get rid of it like the flu? 

Oh well. I'll get back to golf in this thread. Sorry to hijack gang.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Because of lack of tourneys this year these fields each week are going to be packed with talent. Imagine this. Charley Hoffman finished 7th on this course last week. He's 5th alternate to even get in!