PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Mcilroy just imploded on the 12th.  Triple bogey.

Ruined his entire run of great work. At that point had 4 birdies in a row and all the momentum needed and he does that. One thing about Tiger's greatness that is often overlooked is his ability to not have those types of holes in majors. Bogeys will happen sure but a triple? 

We'll see what happens today. All it takes is 1 run to vault up the scoreboard by anyone....and of course Rose is there. Seems like harder the conditions or course the better he is.

I know nothing about golf, but I have to wonder if Spieth has always found golf pretty easy.  He talks about wanting to go out and have fun, but i am not sure that he's ever had to struggle like he is now.  Had so much success right out of the gate and he made it look easy.  But the guys playing now are machines and when you start to slide a little and doubt sneaks into the space between your ears...the results are devastating.  

6 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I know nothing about golf, but I have to wonder if Spieth has always found golf pretty easy.  He talks about wanting to go out and have fun, but i am not sure that he's ever had to struggle like he is now.  Had so much success right out of the gate and he made it look easy.  But the guys playing now are machines and when you start to slide a little and doubt sneaks into the space between your ears...the results are devastating.  

As someone who has played his entire life. Spieth's game is all between the ears right now.....but I'll say this. There are 40 guys a week who can win on the tour. 2 putts a day is the difference between first and 33rd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

As someone who has played his entire life. Spieth's game is all between the ears right now.....but I'll say this. There are 40 guys a week who can win on the tour. 2 putts a day is the difference between first and 33rd.

Or, in my case, it's not the 2 extra putts that's the problem, but the 5 extra shots to get it on the green on every hole.

• Like 2

Should be a fun one later today/tonight. As Brooks said yesterday not many people at top of leaderboard with wins in majors. I think -11 wins this thing today. 17-18 guys within 4 shots. Could be a day where someone comes out and posts a number. On a side note I hope PGA looks into some prime time golf moving forward. Especially during summer months. Love watching at night.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Or, in my case, it's not the 2 extra putts that's the problem, but the 5 extra shots to get it on the green on every hole.

One of my favorite Hank Aaron quotes...

“It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One of my favorite Hank Aaron quotes...

“It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course.”

Isn't that the truth. I've played since I was 5 and even on Friday I was standing over the ball and asked myself what am I doing? Maybe baseball but don't know of sport where it go can go and go quickly as golf does the wrong way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Should be a fun one later today/tonight. As Brooks said yesterday not many people at top of leaderboard with wins in majors. I think -11 wins this thing today. 17-18 guys within 4 shots. Could be a day where someone comes out and posts a number. On a side note I hope PGA looks into some prime time golf moving forward. Especially during summer months. Love watching at night.

At this point, you have to like DJ's chances.  Koepka still does not appear to be at 100%,  Day, Rose, Casey, and Finau are top golfers that have historically not been 'big moment' guys.  DeChambeau obviously has the potential.  But, the guy I'm watching out for is Morikawa.  Seems to be that he has the demeanor and game to pull it off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

At this point, you have to like DJ's chances.  Koepka still does not appear to be at 100%,  Day, Rose, Casey, and Finau are top golfers that have historically not been 'big moment' guys.  DeChambeau obviously has the potential.  But, the guy I'm watching out for is Morikawa.  Seems to be that he has the demeanor and game to pull it off.

Plus Morikawa played that course many times in college and being from California is very familiar with the conditions.  But...he's also just 23.  😊

Personally, I'm pulling for DJ.  But it's going to be fun to watch, I'm guessing.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1