PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

No fans at the Masters this year. Probably expected but sure will look weird. The fans and other colors are as much of the tv experience as the golf. 

Edit-my apologies. No patrons or guests at the Masters this year. They aren't fans down there. Haha.

Edited by Seeking6

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Koepka, Rose, Spieth feature group flopped, with Koepka and Rose missing the cut, and Spieth getting in just on the cut line.  

Koepka looks like he needs a rest and a timeout but with Fed Ex starting next week and US Open starting in just a month there won't be any time for it.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That was really close in terms of delay and penalty. 27 seconds is a long time but glad they just gave him a talk afterwards.

Splitting hairs, but I don't think it was quite 27 seconds.  I say one video that attached a timer to it and it counted 24.  I just re-watched the video I linked and it looked to be about 25.  Is there a specific time (something like 20 seconds) that they are allotted.  Or, is that impossible since the longer the putt, the longer it would take to mark or tap in.

Edited by 5fouls

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Splitting hairs, but I don't think it was quite 27 seconds.  I say one video that attached a timer to it and it counted 24.  I just re-watched the video below and it looked to be about 25.  Is there a specific time (something like 20 seconds) that they are allotted.  Or, is that impossible since the longer the putt, the longer it would take to mark or tap in.

Very subjective. The rule says reasonable time to reach the ball and 10 seconds from there. Basically up to each rules maker. If it looks like a guy is walking slowly on purpose I could see a penalty but I'm glad they didn't even it was pushing it on time.

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Koepka out of Fed Ex playoffs.  Knee.  He was down pretty far in the standings, so his chances at making a run weren't good anyway.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/29696150/brooks-koepka-withdraws-northern-trust-knee-issue

Yep. You could tell after his Sunday at Harding Park. Dude looks like he needs a few months off. Face is bloated. Body is aching. He'll be back in January but it shows Tiger's greatness. 4-5 surgeries. BK is facing his first one. 

50 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Some 11 year old kid named Charlie Woods with a caddie that goes by Tiger won a Jr PGA event by 5 strokes shooting 5 under 

Was pretty cool to see. So the kid is 11....probably will play his way into Augusta by 2030. Calling my shot now. Charlie Woods wins 2031 Masters with Tiger on the bag. Haha...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was pretty cool to see. So the kid is 11....probably will play his way into Augusta by 2030. Calling my shot now. Charlie Woods wins 2031 Masters with Tiger on the bag. Haha...

did not see just heard Tiger on radio other morning.  Talking about what he would give to have that flexibility and rotation that Charlie has

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

did not see just heard Tiger on radio other morning.  Talking about what he would give to have that flexibility and rotation that Charlie has

Beautiful swing already. Just put Charlie Woods in search on twitter and about the 3rd one down you'll him at the range with Big Cat standing right behind him. Pretty cool stuff.

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

DJ minus 5 through 9.  Started on the back 9.  Eagled the Par 5 18th.  

What's really impressive is the back 9 is the much more difficult side.....especially 10-14. You get past those holes at E...maybe steal 1 or 2 on that side and you light it up on front. DJ might have a 62 in him today. Of course I took Bryson in my pool because it's a bomber's course but we'll see. DJ has been strange this year. Hot/cold great/pathetic.

Golf is in a great place.  Seems like every week there are 10 players going into Sunday that could win.

That said. would a crowded leader board at -5 be better than a crowded board at -17?  Seems like the courses can no longer keep a tournament from becoming a birdie-fest.  For me. -12 should mean you had a great week and win.  In today's golf, -12 often means you finish outside the top 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Golf is in a great place.  Seems like every week there are 10 players going into Sunday that could win.

That said. would a crowded leader board at -5 be better than a crowded board at -17?  Seems like the courses can no longer keep a tournament from becoming a birdie-fest.  For me. -12 should mean you had a great week and win.  In today's golf, -12 often means you finish outside the top 10.

Game still comes down to how many 8 foot putts you can make. 2 of those a day is difference between 32nd and top 5. Kind of like free throws in a tight game. Who makes them who doesn't?

Mickleson will miss the cut in the first playoff event and is too low in the standings to move on.  Since he's turned 50, I guess next season he'll primarily play the Seniors Tour and we'll only see him at the Majors and other selected events.  Have to think he'll have a lot of success on the Senior Tour. 

Edited by 5fouls

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Game still comes down to how many 8 foot putts you can make. 2 of those a day is difference between 32nd and top 5. Kind of like free throws in a tight game. Who makes them who doesn't?

I wish that was the case when I golfed (haven't played in a few years)...when I played it was a major feat to keep my drives in the correct fairway :coffee:

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Dustin Johnson shot a 27 on the front 9.  This must be a pretty easy coarse.

And that's the weird part. It isn't. So many guys on tour are just this good when things get rolling they can't miss. Kind of like the Rod Wilmont game way back. I think DJ's 9 is all time record.