PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

My fav. Mickelson story that i can tell. We were paired with Phil in New Orleans one year. Phil 3 putts the first hole, 4 putts the 2nd. on the way to the next tee he says to Bones, i don't feel i have it today, lets play to the center of the greens and try and make pars. Phil birdies the next 6 holes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

My fav. Mickelson story that i can tell. We were paired with Phil in New Orleans one year. Phil 3 putts the first hole, 4 putts the 2nd. on the way to the next tee he says to Bones, i don't feel i have it today, lets play to the center of the greens and try and make pars. Phil birdies the next 6 holes.

Very cool of you to share. I like Phil. Seems like a nice guy, friendly,etc....but his on course management has always bothered me to the point of not liking Phil because he threw so many wins away over the years.

That's the greatness of Tiger. His downside is 2 putt pars instead of trying to hit the miraculous shot and opening up the door for bogey or worse.

I've not been able to watch this weeks tournament save for about 30 minutes on Friday.  And, that;s too bad, because I like it when -1 is leading a tournament.  I'm a fan of great play, but I also like to see some carnage now and then.  After -30 last week, some carnage was needed.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I've not been able to watch this weeks tournament save for about 30 minutes on Friday.  And, that;s too bad, because I like it when -1 is leading a tournament.  I'm a fan of great play, but I also like to see some carnage now and then.  After -30 last week, some carnage was needed.

For sure harder than when we played the US Open there in 03' Furyk tied the 72 hole record for an open. 272, -8.  I think the cut was only like +3

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Very cool of you to share. I like Phil. Seems like a nice guy, friendly,etc....but his on course management has always bothered me to the point of not liking Phil because he threw so many wins away over the years.

That's the greatness of Tiger. His downside is 2 putt pars instead of trying to hit the miraculous shot and opening up the door for bogey or worse.

Phil won a lot of weeks hitting the hard shot. He would only let Bones call him off a shot once a year. lol. Tiger is a way better driver of the ball then Phil ever was and maybe the best iron player to ever live. I also think Tiger was the better putter even though Phil is talked about more with the putter. I never thought Phil was any thing special putting.  Wedge play Phil is up there with Seve but they had to be great because they were so bad off the tee. We were paired with Seve at the players Championship and he hit a tree square 30 yards off the tee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Phil won a lot of weeks hitting the hard shot. He would only let Bones call him off a shot once a year. lol. Tiger is a way better driver of the ball then Phil ever was and maybe the best iron player to ever live. I also think Tiger was the better putter even though Phil is talked about more with the putter. I never thought Phil was any thing special putting.  Wedge play Phil is up there with Seve but they had to be great because they were so bad off the tee. We were paired with Seve at the players Championship and he hit a tree square 30 yards off the tee.

This is probably common to many and I might have missed it. Are you able to say who you worked for

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

Appreciate your input and insight from inside the ropes. 

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We had DJ with the -30 last week.

This week we have Marc Leishman finish with a +30.

I've played and watched my entire life. Nothing is coming to my brain but I don't recall a week to week range like that ever. Only way it might have happened would be maybe John Deere Classic to Open with horrible weather? 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've played and watched my entire life. Nothing is coming to my brain but I don't recall a week to week range like that ever. Only way it might have happened would be maybe John Deere Classic to Open with horrible weather? 

One of the things that prevents that kind of score swing is the cut.  Leishman would have been long gone before the weekend if this had been a normal tournament.  

I cant find the quote in another thread about the pull T.Boone Pickens had at Ok St. I was working for a young star from OSU, walkers cup player just out of school. We are on the range on Monday afternoon. T.Boone calls the kid on the phone, all he said was yes sir. He looks at me and says i hurt my wrist i'm withdrawing this week, i'll pay you double for your trouble this week. I call the kid later that night, he tells me, T. Boone hates the CEO of the title sponsor and didnt want me to play. I said yes sir. He could also get a private jet when he needed one so i guess the trade off was worth it.

Same kid i saw John Solheim, the Owner of Ping Golf, walk 7 holes to the club house and back because this kid said he was hungry. He brought back 4 snicker bars. lol.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Appreciate your input and insight from inside the ropes. 

I like sharing stories that i can tell. I hung out a lot with John Daly off the golf course, stories there i cant tell. lol. I'll post a few JD stories that i can soon. My fav. story from my 25 years on tour is about JD.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I like sharing stories that i can tell. I hung out a lot with John Daly off the golf course, stories there i cant tell. lol. I'll post a few JD stories that i can soon. My fav. story from my 25 years on tour is about JD.

Anything would be great. Pretty guarded world (understandably) and of all the sports it seems to me like the least amount of information is ever leaked.....unless there just isn't information and most of the guys are good guys on/off the track.