PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Anyone going to watch this week's tournament?

https://www.espn.com/golf/leaderboard

Won't watch but have Sam Burns in my pool. Tons of names honestly I've never heard of. I do like these tourneys those for the grind guys. These are the weeks with "weaker" fields if fair to say that....that can change a guys life. Get a win. Sponsors, exemptions, Fedex points, Masters,etc....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Our boys won our first ever regional championship today.  In Illinois, we do regionals first.  Shot a 357, won by 20 shots, and took top 2 spots individually.  Pretty fantastic day!

Where did you guys play? I cut my teeth en route to the Blue/Orange course at Kellogg and Newman....and there was one near Quincy. Great thing about this week is the weather for the kids. One year at Spring Valley we were there for Regionals and it was 39...raining and snowing.

Some of the Moms went to Walmart during our matches to get dry sweats/sweatshirts, new gloves,etc....brutal. I missed state that year. Went 71, 69 in previous 2 events....and fired a 94 that day. Remember taking 3 wood from 150 because I couldn't grip the club!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Where did you guys play? I cut my teeth en route to the Blue/Orange course at Kellogg and Newman....and there was one near Quincy. Great thing about this week is the weather for the kids. One year at Spring Valley we were there for Regionals and it was 39...raining and snowing.

Some of the Moms went to Walmart during our matches to get dry sweats/sweatshirts, new gloves,etc....brutal. I missed state that year. Went 71, 69 in previous 2 events....and fired a 94 that day. Remember taking 3 wood from 150 because I couldn't grip the club!

I shot a 94 once.  Dang tough 9 hole Par 3 course if you ask me.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We were at the Kankakee Elks. Had our girls today, and the weather was great both days.

That sounds a lot like my junior year in 2003. I still have nightmares about the weather that day.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys...once we know the tee times let me know what sleepers you see. I'm in a couple of pools this week and need to find some cheap plays to offset the favorites. Heavy rain expected. Going to be a bunched up week of golf. Assuming rain favors long hitters but at Augusta you still have to putt. First thought I had when I saw the forecast was Lowry and some of the rain guys across the pond. 

I got lucky and had 4 practice round tickets for this year...then Covid hit. Really thought we'd have "patrons" by this November, but nope !

Kind of backed into being fortunate there aren't fans this year, as we're supposed to have heavy rain on Wed & Thurs, and showers the rest of the week. Would have been miserable to be out there as a fan in those conditions. The grandstands are not covered.

The good news is, that I'm guaranteed my 4 tickets for 2021 Masters.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DWB said:

I got lucky and had 4 practice round tickets for this year...then Covid hit. Really thought we'd have "patrons" by this November, but nope !

Kind of backed into being fortunate there aren't fans this year, as we're supposed to have heavy rain on Wed & Thurs, and showers the rest of the week. Would have been miserable to be out there as a fan in those conditions. The grandstands are not covered.

The good news is, that I'm guaranteed my 4 tickets for 2021 Masters.

That's awesome. I've entered for decades and never got the call via lottery. Getting to the point where I'm just going to open up the pocket book next spring and pay my way in. Need to see Tiger roaming Augusta National in person just once before he hangs it up. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That's awesome. I've entered for decades and never got the call via lottery. Getting to the point where I'm just going to open up the pocket book next spring and pay my way in. Need to see Tiger roaming Augusta National in person just once before he hangs it up. 

With that being said our friendly wager on ND Clemson II, if ND plays within 21 you take me to the Masters and if Clemson covers the 21 you take whomever you want. Sounds fair!!😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

With that being said our friendly wager on ND Clemson II, if ND plays within 21 you take me to the Masters and if Clemson covers the 21 you take whomever you want. Sounds fair!!😀

Haha! Sounds like a bet I would make on Saturday night (late)! Friend of mine here in Indy who doesn't know a thing about golf got a private jet and tickets to Thursday a few years ago. Every time the Masters fires up she posts her photos and I tell her every year....this just isn't fair. You have no idea how hallowed those grounds are to some of us!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've entered for decades and never got the call via lottery.

I've tried for the last 10 years, since we've moved down to the Augusta area. Zilch until 2 years ago. I've now gotten tickets 2 out of the last 3 years....practice rounds, but based on what I see on TV during the actual tournament, I think I would rather have practice rounds. A lot more freedom to roam around and see different things, and different parts of the course.

I've had 3-4 people try to get tickets on my behalf for the last 5 years, and they all struck out. I just got lucky all of a sudden...especially for a "local". I think they favor out of towners because of all the additional money they spend in the local economy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha! Sounds like a bet I would make on Saturday night (late)! Friend of mine here in Indy who doesn't know a thing about golf got a private jet and tickets to Thursday a few years ago. Every time the Masters fires up she posts her photos and I tell her every year....this just isn't fair. You have no idea how hallowed those grounds are to some of us!

If all goes well the ACC championship will be on a Saturday night. 

I regret not finding a way to see Tiger live in person. In most other sports I feel like I have seen the greatest play live in all except Tiger and Gretzky.  

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If all goes well the ACC championship will be on a Saturday night. 

I regret not finding a way to see Tiger live in person. In most other sports I feel like I have seen the greatest play live in all except Tiger and Gretzky.  

My problem is I saw him when he was 13 playing on a sponsor exemption during pro am when I was 14. Need to see him in person next year before Father time does his thing.

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Soft conditions... lots of birdies and some eagles.  Need to take advantage today.  Casey -6, Simpson -5, Woods, Rahm, Oosthuizen, Westwood all -4.  All of them rounds in progress.

We've all been watching The Masters for years I assume. I'm curious how much no fans comes into play. Nerves aren't there as much,etc....

I'll be curious if Augusta National tightens things up a bit tomorrow. Lowest first round scoring day ever I believe there. Feels like a trap. Haha.