PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

We've all been watching The Masters for years I assume. I'm curious how much no fans comes into play. Nerves aren't there as much,etc....

I'll be curious if Augusta National tightens things up a bit tomorrow. Lowest first round scoring day ever I believe there. Feels like a trap. Haha.

I only watch golf for the Masters.  Because the course is so beautiful .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We've all been watching The Masters for years I assume. I'm curious how much no fans comes into play. Nerves aren't there as much,etc....

I'll be curious if Augusta National tightens things up a bit tomorrow. Lowest first round scoring day ever I believe there. Feels like a trap. Haha.

Just a couple of points of curious interest...one, the term fans is replaced with patrons by the announcing team...and two, while we and everyone call it The Masters, I noticed that the on screen visual is just...Masters.  Maybe it's always been that way and I've simply missed it.  Nothing of any real importance... just curious.   😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Just a couple of points of curious interest...one, the term fans is replaced with patrons by the announcing team...and two, while we and everyone call it The Masters, I noticed that the on screen visual is just...Masters.  Maybe it's always been that way and I've simply missed it.  Nothing of any real importance... just curious.   😊

Different set of rules for everything at ANC. There are plenty of articles to google. Do/Don't lists of Augusta.

https://www.sportscasting.com/why-masters-fans-are-called-patrons-and-the-traditions-unlike-any-other-tournament/

• Thanks 1

Going to be fun in the morning. Fresh greens. Tiger has long shot into 11 and of course 13 and 15 coming which should get him to -7/-8 range after 2 rounds if I'm guessing right now. People have wide range of opinions on Bryson. What happened to him at 3 today was just brutal. 4 shot swing.....but he also didn't handle mentally well after.

Leaderboard stacked. Now my biggest problem is getting TV, Desktop, Laptop and things all setup for Master, IU and a couple other games going on at same time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Going to be fun in the morning. Fresh greens. Tiger has long shot into 11 and of course 13 and 15 coming which should get him to -7/-8 range after 2 rounds if I'm guessing right now. People have wide range of opinions on Bryson. What happened to him at 3 today was just brutal. 4 shot swing.....but he also didn't handle mentally well after.

Leaderboard stacked. Now my biggest problem is getting TV, Desktop, Laptop and things all setup for Master, IU and a couple other games going on at same time. 

I really love the drone camera shots of Augusta National.  Totally new look/perspective of the layout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

DJ won the tournament today.

He certainly wouldn't agree with that assessment, nor do I, but I think I understand what you're saying.  He has THE BEST golf demeanor on the PGA Tour.  He handles most everything with the same non-emotional response.  He does appear to be in a very good zone and mentioned how confident he's feeling, so you may be right about him winning the tournament today.  Hope so!  😁

Could not watch this. The Masters is the azaleas, the birds in the background, and the promise of warmer weather.

The Masters is the roar of the crowd as someone makes a move on Amen Corner.

The Masters is Jim Nance coming off just calling the Final Four.

The Masters is not competing with NCAA and NFL football.

Happy for those of you who could get into it....just not for me 

12 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

After our successful high school golf season, I was given a pretty cool honor.

Champaign paper's coach of the year

I couldn't find a way to sneak in that I was an Indiana fan, but I really thought about it!

Congrats! Loved that you guys were able to get your season in. Kids get college interest and offers with results like those!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

We have 2 this year who might be able to play at small schools.  I think we have a couple freshmen and sophomore who might be even better when they're seniors.

And just think...if the powers at be who cancelled all the other seasons in Illinois this past year...how many kids won't get a look for financial help. I know of 2 in football. I digress though. Congrats on a great season!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone do FanDuel or DK for fantasy golf? I'm in a weekly pool ($5) with friends from high school. This week seems pretty easy for the chalk guys....Rahm, Rory, Webb, Berger, Hideki,etc....but I'm trying to find a longshot or 2 to help keep my under budget. 

Just curious if we have any other golf fans on here.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I saw this thread pop up and I thought for sure it was going to be about Patrick Reed cheating taking relief.  I'm no help on who you should pick for this week.

Haha. Past history always catches up. Same thing happened to Rory on 18 but not much there. With that said....I'd never touch a golf ball. Ever. While in play.