PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

Reporting is naturally sketchy.  Just heard one guy say Tiger was alert and responders got him out and he stood on his own.  CNN is reporting that other law enforcement folks said he had compound fractures to his legs.  So, who knows at this point.  But he's in surgery.  Not a good situation, I'm guessing.

Anyone in golf leagues on FanDuel or otherwise? I'm trying to find some cheap or value plays this week at Bay Hill. 

One other thing about PGA. I've been a fan for 4 decades and I just don't remember a time where the tour was this stacked. I feel like every event there's at least 15-20 guys that can win minimally based on talent, course history, how they are playing, putting surface,etc....

PS....Morikawa and Hovland are inching up in my "who am I going to cheer for when Tiger retires until Charlie comes of age" category. Seem like really good guys. Hovland is so positive....and Morikawa plays the game like a 50 year old in a 24 year old body. So tactical. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone in golf leagues on FanDuel or otherwise? I'm trying to find some cheap or value plays this week at Bay Hill. 

One other thing about PGA. I've been a fan for 4 decades and I just don't remember a time where the tour was this stacked. I feel like every event there's at least 15-20 guys that can win minimally based on talent, course history, how they are playing, putting surface,etc....

PS....Morikawa and Hovland are inching up in my "who am I going to cheer for when Tiger retires until Charlie comes of age" category. Seem like really good guys. Hovland is so positive....and Morikawa plays the game like a 50 year old in a 24 year old body. So tactical. 

I know one thing.  Tammy hates golf, she is sick and tired of it running over and pre-empting her Sunday evening local news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sure would like to see Jordan Spieth become relevant again.

Seems to be a good kid but has really fallen off the last few years 

When he was first coming up I thought he was going to be my transition guy after Tiger hung it up. Not sure what happened but in past 3-4 years I'm really not a fan anymore. Not sure it it was his slow play....or if he's just got so much going on between the ears (which I despise in any sport).

Should be a fun one today. Him, Westwood....shoot even Bradley are all needing a win badly. Not just for the sake of winning but exemptions to future majors,etc....looks like Rickie might be missing The Masters unless he can move up inside the top 50.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

When he was first coming up I thought he was going to be my transition guy after Tiger hung it up. Not sure what happened but in past 3-4 years I'm really not a fan anymore. Not sure it it was his slow play....or if he's just got so much going on between the ears (which I despise in any sport).

Should be a fun one today. Him, Westwood....shoot even Bradley are all needing a win badly. Not just for the sake of winning but exemptions to future majors,etc....looks like Rickie might be missing The Masters unless he can move up inside the top 50.

I'm still pulling hard for Spieth.  But I'd be happy if Westwood or Bradley won.  Just not big on Bryson D.  I like Rickie and really hope he gets his game in order soon.  Would like to see him win a major.

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I did not watch at all today but lots of really high numbers. Assuming that weather was a factor?

Little bit but just a tough course. Rough was thick and couldn't tell if the pins were placed drastically different places compared to day 1 but they certainly tightened the course up the last couple days. Very few low numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

Not PGA, but Bloomington South High School has quite the golfer on the team this year.  And, he's just a Freshman.

FUZZY ZOELLER INVITATIONAL

Saturday at Covered Bridge GC, par-72

Team scores: 1. Bloomington South 310, 2. Floyd Central 314, 3. Silver Creek 321, 4. Evansville North 332, 5. Borden 361, 6. Madison 369, 7. North Harrison 377, 8. New Albany 397, 9. Corydon Central 399, 10. Jeffersonville 406, 11. Providence 428, 12. Evansville Central 465.

Medalist: Christian McIntosh (Floyd Central) 69.

Top 5: McIntosh (Floyd) 69; Reilly Briles (Evansville North) 72; Happy Gilmore (Bloomington South) 72; Carter Smith (Silver Creek) 73; Cody Coleman (Silver Creek) 75.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sherriff announced this afternoon that Tiger was driving 84-87 mph down the hill prior to his crash. They are not going to release any toxicology reports to determine if he was impaired while driving.

Apparently not ticketing him for reckless driving or speeding. Also did not subpoena phone records or toxicology records which is normal in such instances. Looks like Tiger got some preferential treatment.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Very fast and very firm conditions at Augusta. If they don't get any of the passing showers next few days I could see 70 being a good score over the weekend. Will be curious to see what plays out. 

Cheers to a great 4 days. 

That should be on CBS right now instead of "The Price is Right."

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Tell me about. Have it on my phone, computer, and tv is golf channel....but no reason this shouldn't be wall to wall all 4 days. Of course that's part of the mystique I guess. Back in the day we got 2 hours on Saturday/Sunday only! Haha.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Didn't you hear, CBS has been all about punishing GA! Wouldn't surprise me if they preempt the weekend coverage to cover.... Never mind! Mods feerl free to delete but watch their coverage!

One thing that is sometimes annoying about golf is the black and white rules.  Sometimes it is great to not allow room for interpretation, but man, this would suck.  He had no intention of doing anything wrong, and what he did didn't help him at all.  He should have been more careful, but I hate seeing a guy fighting for the cut penalized for something only because a camera happened to be zoomed into his ball.  If you can't see it from a full speed, non-zoomed in shot, does it really matter?

https://golf.com/instruction/bunker-shots/abe-ancer-penalty-2021-masters-picture/

• Like 1

What a difference a year makes.  Last year, I couldn't get enough of golf.  Watched every weekend.  This year, it's historically my favorite tournament.  I've not watched a shot and have barely followed online.  Here's hoping something clicks by Sunday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

One thing that is sometimes annoying about golf is the black and white rules.  Sometimes it is great to not allow room for interpretation, but man, this would suck.  He had no intention of doing anything wrong, and what he did didn't help him at all.  He should have been more careful, but I hate seeing a guy fighting for the cut penalized for something only because a camera happened to be zoomed into his ball.  If you can't see it from a full speed, non-zoomed in shot, does it really matter?

https://golf.com/instruction/bunker-shots/abe-ancer-penalty-2021-masters-picture/

Naked eye rule....but some dude named Earl probably phoned it in. Same guys that tried to crucify Tiger years ago.

• Like 1