PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

😲  Beyond a longshot, IMHO.   He's lucky to have a right leg, as he has said.  My guess is that he's going to need more time...and possibly never competes again before he's eligible for the Champions Tour.

I don't think Tiger will ever play on the Champions Tour.

What I expect from Tiger as he rides out in the sunset before Charlie hits the tour in 8-9 years is dial back his schedule even more.....majors, sponsor events, his events but that's it. 15 events per year is minimum.

So you figure the majors, maybe 4-5 events to get ready for those majors has us at 9-10. Maybe another few that are sponsored related and Fedex. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, jv1972iu said:

😲  Beyond a longshot, IMHO.   He's lucky to have a right leg, as he has said.  My guess is that he's going to need more time...and possibly never competes again before he's eligible for the Champions Tour.

Beginning to look like I was wrong.  Seeking6, I think you're going to get your wish.  Just saw Brandel Chamblee say it certainly appears that Tiger is going to play.  He wasn't stating it as fact, but said everything seems to point that way.  I hope it happens... but I sure never thought it was possible.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Beginning to look like I was wrong.  Seeking6, I think you're going to get your wish.  Just saw Brandel Chamblee say it certainly appears that Tiger is going to play.  He wasn't stating it as fact, but said everything seems to point that way.  I hope it happens... but I sure never thought it was possible.

I refuse to get excited but I'm inching up in the seat with each day. Chamblee said on DP Show this morning he he heard tv guys are scrambling to figure out which day they want the higher ratings Thursday or Friday...in case he doesn't make cut.

My feeling is this though. If Tiger is playing he isn't going to just to play. He legit thinks he can be there on Sunday. 

Going to be interesting with changes at Augusta this year. 11 has been lengthened to the point where guys actually might actually go for the pin instead of just logging second shot to right of green and hope to get up and down. Other major change is 15. They have them teeing off back by 10 green almost. No longer an easy drive...hit green in two and lag the eagle putt. Going to bring in longer irons in for some on 2nd shot and that means behind 15 is coming into play which is no bueno back there.

Can't wait for next week!

• Like 1

Jordan Spieth is still struggling.  Sometime last year I thought he looked like he was making good progress to being almost back to his former game.  He won a tournament.  But then he seemed to regress.  He has never regained full confidence in himself, in my view.  I don't know anything, but man, his swing looks...loose.  He doesn't look like he knows where his ball is going.  He seems tentative about so many shots and putts.  When he does seem to be playing well and gets to Saturday/Sunday, invariably the wheels fall off.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Jordan Spieth is still struggling.  Sometime last year I thought he looked like he was making good progress to being almost back to his former game.  He won a tournament.  But then he seemed to regress.  He has never regained full confidence in himself, in my view.  I don't know anything, but man, his swing looks...loose.  He doesn't look like he knows where his ball is going.  He seems tentative about so many shots and putts.  When he does seem to be playing well and gets to Saturday/Sunday, invariably the wheels fall off.

I'm more of the grip and rip with a twist guy. When I was playing more often back in the day...I already knew exactly where I wanted shots to end. It doesn't mean I wasn't tactical (I was) but from the time the club was pulled to shot was maybe 20 seconds. 

Spieth is still all in the brain. Keeps talking in between the ears a bit much for my liking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Any of the golf pros on here please chime in. Any reason Tiger wearing Footjoys on the practice range today? Are they better for support? Lighter for the walk around AGNC? Just curious. Looks to me like he's ready to go this week. 

Heard some discussion on this today and apparently Nike said they are aware of the situation. I am getting excited I just want to see him play

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard some discussion on this today and apparently Nike said they are aware of the situation. I am getting excited I just want to see him play

Yep! It's Masters week! 

Mother Nature bringing plenty of variety this week! Rain early on Thursday, cool temps with winds up Friday and Saturday...and Sunday 70, sunny, and calm. 

• Like 1

How about JJ Spaun winning his first PGA tournament yesterday at age 31...giving him his first invite to the Masters.  Another great story of a young man who had to fight hard through 147 events before finally breaking out and winning.  It happens seemingly every year on the PGA and always warms my heart.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

How about JJ Spaun winning his first PGA tournament yesterday at age 31...giving him his first invite to the Masters.  Another great story of a young man who had to fight hard through 147 events before finally breaking out and winning.  It happens seemingly every year on the PGA and always warms my heart.

I think that makes 9 first time winners this year....and all of their lives have changed for years to come with the guarantees that winning has.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Tiger says he as of now...he plans to play.   I still have to wonder if his body will let him.  😊

Earlier this week its announced that Tiger is going to play a practice round and boom 10k there to watch. Not sure any other athlete gets that type of attention. I am getting excited for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Earlier this week its announced that Tiger is going to play a practice round and boom 10k there to watch. Not sure any other athlete gets that type of attention. I am getting excited for it. 

Nobody in sports besides maybe Michael moves the needle in their respective sport as much. I'm done for the week at 1034 EST on Thursday as of right now. 

There was a scene in Good Will Hunting with him trying to figure out all the math problems....that's me currently on Fanduel with my lineups for the week. When I think I'm done I reserve a few more to cover the what if scenarios of gusty winds later in day on Friday. Seems to me (as of now) the late on Thursday early Friday guys might catch a break. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nobody in sports besides maybe Michael moves the needle in their respective sport as much. I'm done for the week at 1034 EST on Thursday as of right now. 

There was a scene in Good Will Hunting with him trying to figure out all the math problems....that's me currently on Fanduel with my lineups for the week. When I think I'm done I reserve a few more to cover the what if scenarios of gusty winds later in day on Friday. Seems to me (as of now) the late on Thursday early Friday guys might catch a break. 

That seems like a real possibility.  Going to be cool Saturday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

What are his odds to win. They were 50 to 1 a week ago

I don't do the individual bets....just the FD salary cap leagues but I thought I saw he was 18th in the field at roughly the same odds as you said.

With winds in the forecast scrambling is going to be a big key this week. This is an article (few years old) talking about impact on winds especially from W and NW which is what's going to  happen first few days.

https://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2018-03-30/2018-03-30_phantom_winds.html

Tiger gets in nine holes today.  Golf Channel's Mark Rolfing said Tiger walked with a noticeable limp when going downhill and that he was obviously being extremely careful due to the moisture/wetness of the course.  Rolfing said no more rain would be helpful to him.  Not sure that's going to happen looking at the forecast for today in Augusta.  

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Tiger gets in nine holes today.  Golf Channel's Mark Rolfing said Tiger walked with a noticeable limp when going downhill and that he was obviously being extremely careful due to the moisture/wetness of the course.  Rolfing said no more rain would be helpful to him.  Not sure that's going to happen looking at the forecast for today in Augusta.  

Sounds like course is closed for the day again unfortunately so everyone was out early. I saw him walking down 10 and it's noticeable for sure.

One of the guys on GC this morning made a good point. He said his drives looked great, iron play good....and of course his short game is always strong. He made these points saying a lot of guys have to worry about many things this week...seems like Tiger only has to worry about 1 which is his right leg.

I don't see how this holds up for 4 days but will be a treat to watch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like course is closed for the day again unfortunately so everyone was out early. I saw him walking down 10 and it's noticeable for sure.

One of the guys on GC this morning made a good point. He said his drives looked great, iron play good....and of course his short game is always strong. He made these points saying a lot of guys have to worry about many things this week...seems like Tiger only has to worry about 1 which is his right leg.

I don't see how this holds up for 4 days but will be a treat to watch. 

Getting so far ahead of myself but could you imagine a Sunday at Augusta with Tiger on the prowl. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Getting so far ahead of myself but could you imagine a Sunday at Augusta with Tiger on the prowl. 

It's kind of like Coach Dale said in the game before going to finals he said playing in front of 15k people is in the wildest of your dreams so let's just keep it there. Problem for Tiger is we just don't know if/when the leg will go. Just going to be thankful he's out there and go from there!