PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

27 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Difficult to charge when it's cold and every muscle is stiff...especially in your handles.

Add to that the fact that Scheffler is playing extraordinary golf and safe to say he's going to be hard to catch.

Edited by jv1972iu

Excited to see if Scheffler gets his first major today or if Cameron Smith can grab the green jacket away from him.  Two good young players who have been playing great golf in less than ideal conditions.  And Im is lurking nearby also.  Warmer temps today may lead them to a shoot out.   Should be fun to watch!    😊

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Excited to see if Scheffler gets his first major today or if Cameron Smith can grab the green jacket away from him.  Two good young players who have been playing great golf in less than ideal conditions.  And Im is lurking nearby also.  Warmer temps today may lead them to a shoot out.   Should be fun to watch!    😊

Always a very exciting day and kind of sad know we have to wait another year for it again.

Can't wait to settle in and see what happens. Scheffler came back a bit to the field, Cam Smith is just relentless. Thing about Im was he +4 after 5 yesterday and finished -1 on the day. Pretty impressive in those conditions.

For anyone else to be in this race would require some 63/64 stuff with Scheffler staying even.

Scheffler looks formidable.  Quite a winning stretch with four out of his last six tournaments.  I look forward to seeing how he does in the other three majors.  Regarding Tiger, I think he will be present for the majors and maybe a couple other events.  And while I know folks say don't bet against Tiger, I really doubt he's going to be able to compete against the younger guys of the PGA at the level he would want.  The reason I believe this is because I really doubt his body is going to improve significantly.  JMHO.  

58 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Regarding Tiger, I think he will be present for the majors and maybe a couple other events.  And while I know folks say don't bet against Tiger, I really doubt he's going to be able to compete against the younger guys of the PGA at the level he would want.  The reason I believe this is because I really doubt his body is going to improve significantly.  JMHO.  

I hope your opinion is wrong.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Scheffler looks formidable.  Quite a winning stretch with four out of his last six tournaments.  I look forward to seeing how he does in the other three majors.  Regarding Tiger, I think he will be present for the majors and maybe a couple other events.  And while I know folks say don't bet against Tiger, I really doubt he's going to be able to compete against the younger guys of the PGA at the level he would want.  The reason I believe this is because I really doubt his body is going to improve significantly.  JMHO.  

Just my two cents. He hasn't played competitive golf in over 500 days. He nearly lost his life and a leg. He made the cut while guys like Jordan Spieth, Justin Rose, Brooks Koepka, Xander, Ancer, Woodland, Bryson,etc...all watched from the couch this weekend like us. 

Maybe not a course like Southern Hills but an easy walking course like St Andrews this summer? Wouldn't bet against him. 

I think we'll see moments of good and bad all summer but come 23 he'll be ready to roll again.

PS....Scheffler is unstoppable right now. Really likeable guy too. 4 years ago he had to get into playoffs just to earn a chance at Korn Ferry tour spot. Rest is history. Margin on the tour is so thin. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my two cents. He hasn't played competitive golf in over 500 days. He nearly lost his life and a leg. He made the cut while guys like Jordan Spieth, Justin Rose, Brooks Koepka, Xander, Ancer, Woodland, Bryson,etc...all watched from the couch this weekend like us. 

Maybe not a course like Southern Hills but an easy walking course like St Andrews this summer? Wouldn't bet against him. 

I think we'll see moments of good and bad all summer but come 23 he'll be ready to roll again.

PS....Scheffler is unstoppable right now. Really likeable guy too. 4 years ago he had to get into playoffs just to earn a chance at Korn Ferry tour spot. Rest is history. Margin on the tour is so thin. 

Fair enough.  St. Andrews will be interesting.

• Like 1

I've always been hot or cold with Rory. Mostly because in some ways his tournament management always leaves me ticked. He's so good yet always has a day or stretch where he loses the whole thing when he didn't need to take the chances. Similar to Phil.

Watching him yesterday make that charge was just awesome to see and his reaction on 18 to his chip in along with Morikawa's was awesome. More of that Rory please!

Monday after the Masters is always a tad depressing knowing we have to wait another year. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've always been hot or cold with Rory. Mostly because in some ways his tournament management always leaves me ticked. He's so good yet always has a day or stretch where he loses the whole thing when he didn't need to take the chances. Similar to Phil.

Watching him yesterday make that charge was just awesome to see and his reaction on 18 to his chip in along with Morikawa's was awesome. More of that Rory please!

Monday after the Masters is always a tad depressing knowing we have to wait another year. 

I've always had an affinity for Rory. The start to his professional career was probably as meteoric as anyone since Tiger and he has definitely taken his lumps between now and then. Always thought that he has handled himself so well on the course even when he is struggling. 

A former college teammate of mine was working down at Doral and had an interaction with Rory on the range. Told me he was the nicest and most humble guy you will ever meet on tour. Really rooting for him to have a good year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, toonsquad said:

I've always had an affinity for Rory. The start to his professional career was probably as meteoric as anyone since Tiger and he has definitely taken his lumps between now and then. Always thought that he has handled himself so well on the course even when he is struggling. 

A former college teammate of mine was working down at Doral and had an interaction with Rory on the range. Told me he was the nicest and most humble guy you will ever meet on tour. Really rooting for him to have a good year. 

Love hearing stories like that. I've been more hot than cold with Rory....probably just comes with maturity on his end and probably mine too. When a fan (myself) is all systems go on Tiger you sometimes miss out on the other 2-3 dozen guys that are really good players and people too. 

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Case in point........Rickie Fowler.  

I think he's down in the 130's in the world rankings.

Never been a fan but can't fault the guy. If companies are going to pay him $20M plus because of a look....why not take it? Happens in Hollywood all the time.

I think he's in his early 30's by now but he's going to struggle staying exempt after next season. Amazing what one Players Championship can buy you in terms of on/off the track $. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:29 PM, Seeking6 said:

Never been a fan but can't fault the guy. If companies are going to pay him $20M plus because of a look....why not take it? Happens in Hollywood all the time.

I think he's in his early 30's by now but he's going to struggle staying exempt after next season. Amazing what one Players Championship can buy you in terms of on/off the track $. 

1 win is worth 10 million. Majors double it. The Japanese kid winning the Masters last year will make him a Billion in that country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I heard the tour suspended Mickelson. One person told me 6 months another said a year. The Masters told him not to come this year they didnt want to deal with being his first tournament back.

Didn't the Masters come out and say he wasn't disinvited? Guess it doesn't matter now...Phil just made a mistake but I hope he comes back at some point. 

36 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure if I am reading this correctly but 1st round scores at the Zurich Open at -13 and -12?

Today and Saturday are best ball...or basically which of the two teammates who had best score on each hole. Tomorrow and Sunday it's alternating shots...which is where things will tighten up a little. 

Still a 59 being so routine was incredible. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'm glad I was alive and was able to watch Tiger Woods up close for many years. He beat, not looking to be on the number, around 103 players the first 2 days while not playing tournament golf, on one leg!! He may never win again but what he is doing right now is mind blowing.

Also, like him or hate him, Phil should have been there playing this week. He earned the right to defend, winning a major at 50 was special.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm glad I was alive and was able to watch Tiger Woods up close for many years. He beat, not looking to be on the number, around 103 players the first 2 days while not playing tournament golf, on one leg!! He may never win again but what he is doing right now is mind blowing.

Also, like him or hate him, Phil should have been there playing this week. He earned the right to defend, winning a major at 50 was special.

Under those conditions (winds, speed of greens) to make the cut is just remarkable. Now we'll just see if he has a Bubba round in him like he said yesterday after the round. Storms just past the area this morning and he goes off in an hour so....might be able to attack those pins even more so.

Agree with you on Phil. Seems like he's battling something more than just his comments. Hopefully he returns soon because sometimes between those ropes is your best therapy. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Under those conditions (winds, speed of greens) to make the cut is just remarkable. Now we'll just see if he has a Bubba round in him like he said yesterday after the round. Storms just past the area this morning and he goes off in an hour so....might be able to attack those pins even more so.

Agree with you on Phil. Seems like he's battling something more than just his comments. Hopefully he returns soon because sometimes between those ropes is your best therapy. 

Phils career on the tour is almost up. A couple years maybe of good play. I think he takes Norman's offer and goes for the big money.

• Like 1