PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

On 8/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, Seeking6 said:

I won't pretend to know the real conversations behind the scenes but I asked a guy yesterday and another one this morning about it and they both suggested that the powers at be at Cog and jointly with Chicago wanted a different tourney date....and nobody could agree. Such a shame. Great track and setup and one that I'll always miss.

Played some pretty good golf....and played some not so pretty golf. Dubs gave me a friendly 85. Ravines I actually shot 80....the other two courses we did more of a best ball format. 18 on Tuesday afternoon, 36 yesterday....and 18 this morning I got my fill for sure. Thing I love about Cog is you never can get comfortable. Short Par 4 sure...but it's tree lined with 100 year old trees and if you aren't accurate that 330 yard par 4 just gave you a 6.

Phenomenal couple of days. Like you I wish PGA/Chicago would get Cog Hill or Medinah or both back in the rotation. The course has so much history. I'm in the clubhouse last night just staring at the photos and of course 18 with Tiger's walk up in 97 just flashing before my eyes. Good time for sure.

I remember being so hot there one year. On sunday we were in 3rd on the 15th tee box, my pro was about to pass out. I was about to pass out. I looked at him and said i dont give a shit if you bogey in lets just get the hell off this golf course. lol. He said i'm right there with you. Made 2 birdies and finished 2nd. I think it was there maybe 3 more years. A really good course right down the road we caddies used to play. Cant remember the name.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I remember being so hot there one year. On sunday we were in 3rd on the 15th tee box, my pro was about to pass out. I was about to pass out. I looked at him and said i dont give a shit if you bogey in lets just get the hell off this golf course. lol. He said i'm right there with you. Made 2 birdies and finished 2nd. I think it was there maybe 3 more years. A really good course right down the road we caddies used to play. Cant remember the name.

Ruffled Feathers might be it. Pete Dye course built in early 90's I think. We got lucky on weather. 80 and Sunny, zero humidity.....very unlike July/August around there...usually it is 100+ heat index plus it's a demanding walk. Could tire anyone. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wisconsin was going to be Whistling Straits and Blackwolf were center pieces...good friends went to UW and another lives up there so they were going to be in charge of planning. Michigan was Arcadia Bluffs and a couple others.

Early planning stages but we wanted to have golf and water activities involved next summer....not just golf only.

Those are both really high on my golf bucket list. I'd add Sand Valley as another I want to do in Wisconsin - would love to hit Erin Hills on the way up, play both courses at Sand Valley back to back days then head home if I was trying to make a long weekend out of it. 

Have thought about similar long weekend type set ups with Arcadia Bluffs - play Harbor Shores or maybe American Dunes on the way up, back to back days of 36 at Arcadia Bluffs, then head home. 

• Like 1

Nooooo, the players wanting to take care of the top 60? Who would have thought. It used to be top 70. They want to cut 10. Everyone else will play the KT. All of you who thought the top players give a shit about the bottom half, here you go. I wonder if they will have a shotgun start? LMAO.

#NEW: The player meeting held this week & led by Tiger Woods in Delaware drew up potential plans for a PGA TOUR schedule with 18 tournaments, 60 players and $20M purses, per Sports Illustrated, citing sources.
Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:
Nooooo, the players wanting to take care of the top 60? Who would have thought. It used to be top 70. They want to cut 10. Everyone else will play the KT. All of you who thought the top players give a shit about the bottom half, here you go. I wonder if they will have a shotgun start? LMAO.

#NEW: The player meeting held this week & led by Tiger Woods in Delaware drew up potential plans for a PGA TOUR schedule with 18 tournaments, 60 players and $20M purses, per Sports Illustrated, citing sources.

Several rounds to this one coming. I wouldn't take a tweet or a comment as gospel on anything.

Back to the tour though. Couldn't help but laugh at Spieth today. His caddy is saying basically don't do it, don't do it....player overrides and player ends up in drink. Reminded me of Rahm at I believe 11 at Players a few years ago.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Several rounds to this one coming. I wouldn't take a tweet or a comment as gospel on anything.

Back to the tour though. Couldn't help but laugh at Spieth today. His caddy is saying basically don't do it, don't do it....player overrides and player ends up in drink. Reminded me of Rahm at I believe 11 at Players a few years ago.

I watched 5 mins and it happened to be that shot. I used to stand in between the player and the bag or I threw the towel over the bag so they couldn't pull a club if I didn't like it. 

• Like 2

Watch the US AM. Much more exciting than the exhibition golf of the FedEx Cup. The tour Championship is now handicapped like your club championship at your home course. #1 starts next week -10. lmao. There is a great chance that the guy who shoots the lowest score won't win!! They get OWRP for that!! What a joke.

Side story on the US AM. Texas A&M Coach Brian Kortan is caddying for one of his players in the finals today. I was talked into, by one of Brian's buddies, to caddy for him his rookie year on tour. Great guy!! I fired him a 1/3 of the way into the season. lol. The only time I ever left a player during the season. Like I said great guy and family, he and I still went to dinner most every night and caught a baseball game if one in the city we were in. A couple of years after that while playing in Canada, Brian had a Heart attack during his round. He now carries a defibrillator in his golf bag.

• Like 3

RIP Tom Weiskopf. I missed his peak time (1973) but many don't remember he had 5 2nd place finishes at majors. 16 wins....and left a huge mark  on golf course design. Saw his Towering Inferno live once at a tourney in Chicago (Butler National). Right in the middle of his backswing a guy let a port o potty door slam causing Tom to basically shank a drive. Luckily he came back to win. 

Darn Pancreatic Cancer. 

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

RIP Tom Weiskopf. I missed his peak time (1973) but many don't remember he had 5 2nd place finishes at majors. 16 wins....and left a huge mark  on golf course design. Saw his Towering Inferno live once at a tourney in Chicago (Butler National). Right in the middle of his backswing a guy let a port o potty door slam causing Tom to basically shank a drive. Luckily he came back to win. 

Darn Pancreatic Cancer. 

Oh No, what a great man. Tom built my fav. course. Loch Lomond in Scotland. Tom almost died building it. He was out late at night walking the property and got stuck in a bog and sank to his waist. Was stuck for over 12 hours before he was found. Almost froze to death. The only mistake he made is he had all the sod brought in from South Carolina and with it came the sand flees if you know South Carolina in the spring and fall you know what i'm talking about. People over there hated him for that.

• Like 1

Another big component of the

report suggested that the players discussed TOUR relinquishing non profit status to welcome in private investment from billionaire figures like JP McManus, giving top players like Tiger an equity stake in the business

Sounding a lot like LIV. I dont see anyone giving Tiger a boat load of cash, playing 0 PGA tour events this year. Maybe if he retires and runs the tour maybe. The greedy golfers, all they care about is money.....lol

Since 1981 here's the list of players with 5+ wins on tour in a single season.

Nick Price-1994

Vijay-2004

Spieth/Day-2015

JT-2017

Tiger-99,00,01,02,03,05,06,07,09, and 13.

Scheffler has the chance to join this rare air group this weekend. Zalatoris just had to WD because of back injury. Looks like Scheffler, Cantlay, Xander race this weekend....but I think the guys as far back as -3/-4 still have a good chance too. Just have to be 2 shots better each day. Keep an eye on Cameron Smith. Well rested for what appears to be his last go. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Since 1981 here's the list of players with 5+ wins on tour in a single season.

Nick Price-1994

Vijay-2004

Spieth/Day-2015

JT-2017

Tiger-99,00,01,02,03,05,06,07,09, and 13.

Scheffler has the chance to join this rare air group this weekend. Zalatoris just had to WD because of back injury. Looks like Scheffler, Cantlay, Xander race this weekend....but I think the guys as far back as -3/-4 still have a good chance too. Just have to be 2 shots better each day. Keep an eye on Cameron Smith. Well rested for what appears to be his last go. 

That's a shame for Zalatoris.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I told you all 95% would go to LIV if they could. How do you become LIV while keeping even more cash. Go get your own Billionaires. JP McManus will do just fine.  The PGA Tour is over and done with. Rumor is they have paid Hideki up front to keep him from going to LIV. They will need the Japan market.

The PGA Tour will be left a pile of dog crap. 40 guys already to LIV. Top 60 to the Tiger Tour. That leaves scrapes for the PGA Tour. The Bottom 30 players and the KT guys. I'm sure the Tiger Tour will fill in with the top players from the leftovers when guys are hurt or need a week off.

Do you think Jay Monahan sleeps at all right now? He played hardball with LIV so Tiger and Rory could stick it up his back side. Now he has poor Jason Gore being the go between because he and Tiger grew up together in Cali. Jr. Golf, Walker cup and Tiger i'm guessing wont talk to Jay.. I love Jason by the way. Tiger will never play 14 weeks and majors thats why he needs a steak in the deal.

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I told you all 95% would go to LIV if they could. How do you become LIV while keeping even more cash. Go get your own Billionaires. JP McManus will do just fine.  The PGA Tour is over and done with. Rumor is they have paid Hideki up front to keep him from going to LIV. They will need the Japan market.

The PGA Tour will be left a pile of dog crap. 40 guys already to LIV. Top 60 to the Tiger Tour. That leaves scrapes for the PGA Tour. The Bottom 30 players and the KT guys. I'm sure the Tiger Tour will fill in with the top players from the leftovers when guys are hurt or need a week off.

Do you think Jay Monahan sleeps at all right now? He played hardball with LIV so Tiger and Rory could stick it up his back side. Now he has poor Jason Gore being the go between because he and Tiger grew up together in Cali. Jr. Golf, Walker cup and Tiger i'm guessing wont talk to Jay.. I love Jason by the way. Tiger will never play 14 weeks and majors thats why he needs a steak in the deal.

What's connectimg the dots? Nike? 

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

What's connectimg the dots? Nike? 

Not sure. I tried calling Mark to get his thoughts but he didnt pick up. Not sure I still have the right number. lol. I dm'd him that same question. Things are getting messy fast.

Side note. Mark was fired by PGA Tour radio and xm for being sexiest saying he would never watch the WNBA. Yet he coaches a girls golf team. He says he isnt upset with the tour, radio is different. but who knows. Life time member.

Edited by Indykev