PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It looks so simple, hitting a ball down the middle of a fairway. Kinda like it seems so simple making a free throw from 15 feet away. 

These guys make golf look like anyone could be good at it. 

Go Spieth, Find whatever it takes to win this!

I'd love to see Spieth win it...but he's not playing with confidence.  Too many missed shots and missed opportunities... and too much stressful scrambling.  He is going to need to be magical today because both Morikawa and Oosthuizen are playing like machines.  Jordan's emotions have been his downfall this weekend.  It's happening again today.  Obviously there's still time for him to comeback, but I'm not optimistic.

Edited by jv1972iu

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It looks so simple, hitting a ball down the middle of a fairway. Kinda like it seems so simple making a free throw from 15 feet away. 

These guys make golf look like anyone could be good at it. 

Go Spieth, Find whatever it takes to win this!

Wouldn't mind Spieth winning. I'm a Morikawa fan too....and of course love Koepka. He burned about 5 cups today or he shoots 61-62 range. He's going to be sick if he loses this thing by 2 or less.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wouldn't mind Spieth winning. I'm a Morikawa fan too....and of course love Koepka. He burned about 5 cups today or he shoots 61-62 range. He's going to be sick if he loses this thing by 2 or less.

Spieth makes eagle.  Could that kick start a charge?  I love Morikawa's game....so steady.  Things getting interesting.  Koepka will win an Open, just not this one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Spieth makes eagle.  Could that kick start a charge?  I love Morikawa's game....so steady.  Things getting interesting.  Koepka will win an Open, just not this one.

Oosthuizen makes major error giving Morikawa a huge opening.  And he takes advantage with back to back birdies.  He's rock solid.  Louis is struggling.

Edited by jv1972iu

Oosthuizen losing the lead could help him.  I think the last 27 holes or so he's been too conservative.  He's had a lot of times he's hit iron off the tee and left himself 215+ instead of going 3 wood and leaving himself 175.  He's made a lot of approach shots harder than he's needed to.  He needs to get aggressive and start pounding some drives to give himself some easy approach shots.

But, if Morikawa keeps playing this way, it won't matter how everybody else plays.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Oosthuizen losing the lead could help him.  I think the last 27 holes or so he's been too conservative.  He's had a lot of times he's hit iron off the tee and left himself 215+ instead of going 3 wood and leaving himself 175.  He's made a lot of approach shots harder than he's needed to.  He needs to get aggressive and start pounding some drives to give himself some easy approach shots.

But, if Morikawa keeps playing this way, it won't matter how everybody else plays.

Morikawa getting some good breaks on bounces missing bunkers, but playing great as Spieth tries to keep charging, applying pressure.  Louis appears to have run out of gas.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Morikawa getting some good breaks on bounces missing bunkers, but playing great as Spieth tries to keep charging, applying pressure.  Louis appears to have run out of gas.

Morikawa is going to have to make some errors if Spieth is going to have any chance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Morikawa is going to have to make some errors if Spieth is going to have any chance.

Spieth has to make this and birdie 18. I think we discussed yesterday. Those 2 easy putts Jordan missed yesterday and day before looming large.

Of course Morikawa is making everything which is what major champions do. Phenomenal putting by him today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Spieth has to make this and birdie 18. I think we discussed yesterday. Those 2 easy putts Jordan missed yesterday and day before looming large.

Of course Morikawa is making everything which is what major champions do. Phenomenal putting by him today.

No three putts for CM.  He handles pressure exceptionally well.  I'm fine with him taking this major.  He's special.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He lipped in the one on 18 Friday, so he only missed the one.  But yeah, the one yesterday really hurt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Tremendous performance in the final round of the BMW Open.  Seven hole playoff between Bryson DeChambeau and Patrick Cantlay, who won with a 17' putt for birdie.  Bryson had a 8' putt to tie, but missed.  Very entertaining.

Trying to remember a non major, non Tiger event that was as good....I know we've been in playoffs all summer but that one was awesome. The old phrase neither deserved to lose....but Cantlay deserved to win. Don't remember a guy hitting as many as must have putts in a 7-8 hole stretch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to remember a non major, non Tiger event that was as good....I know we've been in playoffs all summer but that one was awesome. The old phrase neither deserved to lose....but Cantlay deserved to win. Don't remember a guy hitting as many as must have putts in a 7-8 hole stretch.

That was amazing!   😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Looking forward to the FedEx Cup finale and the Ryder Cup competition!  Should be good entertainment!   😊

Putting together my Fedex lineups on Fanduel tonight. Lots of options out there this week. Some guys always play East Lake well....and some of the leaders right now don't. 

Ryder Cup is great just wish it wasn't opposite of football.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Putting together my Fedex lineups on Fanduel tonight. Lots of options out there this week. Some guys always play East Lake well....and some of the leaders right now don't. 

Ryder Cup is great just wish it wasn't opposite of football.

So, DVR is not an option for you.  That's unfortunate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...