PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

71 for Tiger.  Impressive for sure.  He's fine for now.  We'll see how he feels tomorrow as he goes off in the afternoon.  DJ is -3 for the front nine.  Watch out!   😊

Ice bath all night for Big Cat. Can't even put into words what a -1 is for him today. Tomorrow going to be gusty starting around Noon....but there isn't a better wind player in the game.

Dustin Johnson with the early time tomorrow and he looks strong. Love Cam Smith on fast greens and I don't care about his late tee (wind) tomorrow. 

I'd be happy with another -1 tomorrow for Tiger. 

Disappointed in a few of my guys...Brooks, Morikawa. Look for good days tomorrow from Fitzpatrick and I'm thinking the wind players should shoot up the leaderboard.....Fleetwood, Westwood, Leishman, Conners...and again hopefully Tiger. 

Besides the 500 there isn't a sporting event I enjoy more watching reruns again on same day. Watching coverage as I type. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ice bath all night for Big Cat. Can't even put into words what a -1 is for him today. Tomorrow going to be gusty starting around Noon....but there isn't a better wind player in the game.

Dustin Johnson with the early time tomorrow and he looks strong. Love Cam Smith on fast greens and I don't care about his late tee (wind) tomorrow. 

I'd be happy with another -1 tomorrow for Tiger. 

Disappointed in a few of my guys...Brooks, Morikawa. Look for good days tomorrow from Fitzpatrick and I'm thinking the wind players should shoot up the leaderboard.....Fleetwood, Westwood, Leishman, Conners...and again hopefully Tiger. 

Besides the 500 there isn't a sporting event I enjoy more watching reruns again on same day. Watching coverage as I type. 

If he makes the cut and I fully expect that, and can be in some type of contention that has to be the greatest comeback since Lazarus.  There was one that was a little bigger but I can only blaspheme  so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If he makes the cut and I fully expect that, and can be in some type of contention that has to be the greatest comeback since Lazarus.  There was one that was a little bigger but I can only blaspheme  so much.

Only Ben Hogan's accident and subsequent winning of US Open 16 months later is the only thing remotely close to this recovery in golf.

Tiger's going to have to scramble again today. Short end of the stick when it comes to draw weather wise....but not many players on tour are better than him in windy conditions.

Right now cut line is +2 and I'm thinking that could +3 or so by end of day.

Koepka ticked me off yesterday. Was -2 and in 3rd and throws up a 41 on second nine. Couple other stars just couldn't get anything going either....Rahm, Rory, Spieth, and my biggest surprise was Justin Thomas. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tiger's going to have to scramble again today. Short end of the stick when it comes to draw weather wise...

Maybe weather wise, but those extra hours between rounds compared if he had an afternoon/morning draw could be huge by just allowing his body a little more time to recover from yesterday.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe weather wise, but those extra hours between rounds compared if he had an afternoon/morning draw could be huge by just allowing his body a little more time to recover from yesterday.

Absolutely. For that alone I'll take the draw he's given for sure.

Given what I'm seeing so far this morning if you shoot even today I think you make up 2-3 shots on the field. As of this typing it looks like 20 guys out already and I think I counted right 13 are over already. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely. For that alone I'll take the draw he's given for sure.

Given what I'm seeing so far this morning if you shoot even today I think you make up 2-3 shots on the field. As of this typing it looks like 20 guys out already and I think I counted right 13 are over already. 

Think I just heard Mike Tirico say there are only eight guys who are under par out on the course.  Afternoon guys will be dealing with wind gusts over 20mph.

Edited by jv1972iu