Chile Wars !

milehiiu

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Explore the green chile war between Colorado and New Mexico

Gotta admit. I am green.  But will go Christmas (half green and half red ) at times. And the hotter. The better. 

So... Hoosier Sports Nation.  What are you... red or green ?

I'm neutral but with you hotter the better. I eat hot peppers daily. Read an article years ago about somehow it helps fight or lower chance of heart disease. Usually 3-4 serrano or jalopenos with each meal. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm neutral but with you hotter the better. I eat hot peppers daily. Read an article years ago about somehow it helps fight or lower chance of heart disease. Usually 3-4 serrano or jalopenos with each meal. 

Correct amundo about heart disease.

Hot Peppers Can Help Your Heart 

Can't say that I eat them daily.  Am impressed that you take them daily.

However, starting to enjoy the peppers planted in my garden this past Spring.  And the roasted Pueblo Chili's now being sold at my local garden shops.  Roasted daily. And they are stupendous. 

Thanks for the reply 6.  Hope you and yours are having a great summer !

56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Correct amundo about heart disease.

Hot Peppers Can Help Your Heart 

Can't say that I eat them daily.  Am impressed that you take them daily.

However, starting to enjoy the peppers planted in my garden this past Spring.  And the roasted Pueblo Chili's now being sold at my local garden shops.  Roasted daily. And they are stupendous. 

Thanks for the reply 6.  Hope you and yours are having a great summer !

Thanks for posting and finding that. Wasn't the same article but same points. Just picked up another dozen at my farmers market. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for posting and finding that. Wasn't the same article but same points. Just picked up another dozen at my farmers market. 

I am pleased you liked it.  Yes. Also a great time of year, when the farmers markets, and the garden centers around me, roast Pueblo chilis.  On a daily basis. Just like in the video, I linked at first. Have to get to the garden centers early, before they sell out.

I have only recently within the last few years had green chilis available.  One of the redeeming qualities of being close to Bloomington is having access to food and produce I wouldn't have otherwise.  So every fall I get as much green chilis as I can and roast, grill, stuff and basically put in everything I can think of. 

I will say my favorite hot pepper is habaneros.  Eat them often. And jalapenos.  And love having hatch green chilis when available.

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have only recently within the last few years had green chilis available.  One of the redeeming qualities of being close to Bloomington is having access to food and produce I wouldn't have otherwise.  So every fall I get as much green chilis as I can and roast, grill, stuff and basically put in everything I can think of. 

I will say my favorite hot pepper is habaneros.  Eat them often. And jalapenos.  And love having hatch green chilis when available.

We do these every year on the grill for appetizers, when we have guests over.  People rave : Bacon wrapped cheese Jalapenos.  Stuff them with a cheese of your choosing, and wrap them with bacon.

Archived