What makes you cry ?

milehiiu

The loss of a relative or close friend?  Or  the loss of mom or dad?  Loss of a loved pet?  Moving movie? Inspirational song? Or when a kid or relative or yours, does great in a sport?

I admit. I have cried at all of the above.

HSN.... what about you ?  I am not ashamed to admit I have cried.  What about you ?

I'll freely admit, I cried like a baby when our dog died a little over two years ago.

Another time is something else you'll be able to relate to, Mile. About 8 or so years ago, the traveling Vietnam Memorial stopped at a veterans cemetery about 5 miles from my house. My dad is also a Vietnam vet, but couldn't make the trip to see the wall, but out of respect, I went to see it. There were some tough, tough looking men there. Biker types. Guys that looked like they had spent decades out on a farm or a fishing boat. Guys I wouldn't mess with despite them having 40-50 years on me.....reduced to tears. In more than one case, unable to walk for about 5 minutes. To see that kind of emotion displayed, you can't help but feel a small fraction of it yourself.

I am kind of a softie but like to portray the nothing bothers me role most of the time.  

The number 1 thing is childhood sickness and death,  no matter the cause. We have witnessed too many. The second is the amazingly kind people that help and pray for and love those children many times without even knowing them. In short the great people of HSN make me cry on a regular basis just for caring about my little boy,  my hero!!

6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'll freely admit, I cried like a baby when our dog died a little over two years ago.

Another time is something else you'll be able to relate to, Mile. About 8 or so years ago, the traveling Vietnam Memorial stopped at a veterans cemetery about 5 miles from my house. My dad is also a Vietnam vet, but couldn't make the trip to see the wall, but out of respect, I went to see it. There were some tough, tough looking men there. Biker types. Guys that looked like they had spent decades out on a farm or a fishing boat. Guys I wouldn't mess with despite them having 40-50 years on me.....reduced to tears. In more than one case, unable to walk for about 5 minutes. To see that kind of emotion displayed, you can't help but feel a small fraction of it yourself.

May God bless your father.  This made me cry :

Vietnam vet: Airline pilot flies MIA dad's remains home to Texas

Critically ill children.  I was admittedly a hard-@ until my daughter was diagnosed with cancer.  

Even though she beat the disease, we came across many children and families that were not as fortunate.  Her illness fundamentally changed me as a person.

Now, even if I simply pass an obviously sick child in a store or on the street, my eyes will get watery.  

No child should have to go through that.  Childhood is supposed to be a happy, carefree time.

Heck, I'm getting emotional just typing this.

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Critically ill children.  I was admittedly a hard-@ until my daughter was diagnosed with cancer.  

Even though she beat the disease, we came across many children and families that were not as fortunate.  Her illness fundamentally changed me as a person.

Now, even if I simply pass an obviously sick child in a store or on the street, my eyes will get watery.  

No child should have to go through that.  Childhood is supposed to be a happy, carefree time.

Heck, I'm getting emotional just typing this.

My daughter works in oncology unit at Riley. Just breaks my heart. Knowing that another child gets to ring the bell is what she says makes it possible to keep going back. We will continue to keep your daughter and family in prayer.

I listed the 2 of the things that really make me cry. Childhood illness and the kindness of people helping or praying or raising kids with critical illness. This video captures both.

The young lady in the video taking the vitals of this little boy is my daughter.  I could not be more proud as a father.  This video is from channel 8 news in indy and aired yesterday 

https://www.cbs42.com/news/new-drug-melts-away-4-year-old-boys-brain-tumor/

So today I was reminded of what makes me cry! It’s not spreading the ashes of my parents it’s not seeing my son fail at the State Championship and then disappear to  console himself, it’s not spending one of the hardest days of my life consoling a woman I hardly knew after her husband committed suicide! These seem to be the times I become stronger for those around me! When I cry is when the underdog wins!  Watching the movie Rudy or Peppermint, or today watching how in the LLWS Maddy Freking struck out the second to last batter and then made the game ending play on a slow grounder up 3rd base line with a throw to home! Guess it just catches me at my weaker moments!

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So today I was reminded of what makes me cry! It’s not spreading the ashes of my parents it’s not seeing my son fail at the State Championship and then disappear to  console himself, it’s not spending one of the hardest days of my life consoling a woman I hardly knew after her husband committed suicide! These seem to be the times I become stronger for those around me! When I cry is when the underdog wins!  Watching the movie Rudy or Peppermint, or today watching how in the LLWS Maddy Freking struck out the second to last batter and then made the game ending play on a slow grounder up 3rd base line with a throw to home! Guess it just catches me at my weaker moments!

I appreciate this post.  Thanks.

Archived